Monorail deprivation

Monorail deprivation

Having just posted on the "Disney busses of driving" thread, a thought occurred to me.

If you only ever use WDW transport, does that mean you've never ridden the monorail from TTC?

Maybe you've hopped from MK to Epcot on the monorail instead?

Or have you taken a special monorail trip to nowhere just to experience it?

And what about the TTC to MK boats? Have you ridden them or do you always turn left out the park and miss out on those huge boats?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Monorail deprivation

Most often I use the monorail to park hop between EPCOT and MK.

However, I have made it a point to stop at TTC and take the Ferry in with the kid several times (as it's how I remember "arriving" at Disney with my Grandfather when he took me and the sis every summer).

To make that happen, I take a bus to EPCOT, blow a kiss (not literally) at Spaceship Earth, hop on the monorail and enjoy my ride. Get off at TTC, and snag a ferry.

The kid loves it! Especially getting a nice place on the front top level. The approach, surrounded by amazing views of the resorts, not to mention the slow building of anticipation as you see your destination growing nearer.

Absolutely my favorite way to journey to the Magic Kingdom.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

We took the monorail from Epcot back to the TTC just because and loved it We missed riding the ferry boats this time. Maybe next time if we go for a week we'll have more time to.
    Last edited by Tinker Britt; 05-21-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: triple posted
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

Hmmm, now that you mention it, I guess since I've been staying on property I always use WDW transport so I really don't take the monorail from the TTC.

I did take a bus to MK, then the monorail to the Poly for Ohana, and then the ferry back to MK.

I have done it before though when staying off property...I'll have to do it "just because" now!

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by vanessprincess; 05-21-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

We were riding the bus to MK to jump on the monorail to poly but were dropped off at ttc due to race activity. So we got to ride the monorail from there. It was neat because I had never been to the ttc. Last trip we also rode the small boats from MK to poly. It was a lot of fun because the fireworks were going off at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

We often take the monorail from MK to the MK resorts to take a break from the park.

I think the monorail is an important part of the WDW experience. I would feel deprived if I didn't get to ride it on a trip.

That said, it is very annoying how often it gets delayed. At some point it goes into a holding pattern at least 80% of the times we've ridden it. One time it even lost power, but thankfully it came back on a couple minutes later.

At the end of a long day at MK, we often take a boat to the Poly instead of the monorail. You can walk to the TTC from the Poly.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

In reality we use them all. The ferry, the busses, the monorail and our car on our trips. My favorite are the monorail and busses.
    in a trip last year I got dropped off at the lost and found and got on at TTC just to ride the monorail and visit the loop resorts.
    Last edited by Freshee61; 05-22-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

We use them all... Park our car and use Disney transportation exclusively....

We'll bus say to EPCOT, play there for awhile and then take the monorail to the TTC and board the Ferry to the MK.... Really enjoy that scenario !!

I have done all these and think you need to at some times of the year to circumvent busy times and parks.... love using all of WDW transport to my advantage.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Having just posted on the "Disney busses of driving" thread, a thought occurred to me.

If you only ever use WDW transport, does that mean you've never ridden the monorail from TTC?

Maybe you've hopped from MK to Epcot on the monorail instead?

Or have you taken a special monorail trip to nowhere just to experience it?

And what about the TTC to MK boats? Have you ridden them or do you always turn left out the park and miss out on those huge boats?
    When I was younger we would always drive to magic kingdom and then take the monorail to magic kingdom. Now we just take the buses which means we don't get a chance to ride the monorail. I have rode the boat though to magic kingdom from the ticket center & it was very relaxing, it was a bonus there was a nice breeze that day. My next trip I am hoping to take the monorail from MK to Epcot for the first time. How long does this take?
    Tori