How do you take your "money" when going to WDW?

Question How do you take your "money" when going to WDW?

We usually take cash and divide it into equal daily amounts anything we don't spend that day goes back in the safe and the next day we take that days stash and so on and so on.. We also use the charge to your room feature but pay off what we owe a couple of days before checkout and clear our bill. Then our last day at WDW we go to Downtown Disney and have a shopping spree with whatever is leftover.
    The Magic Is In Us All

Family Vacation With My Sisters, Their Spouses, And Some Of Our Kids. November3-18 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney~Princess View Post
    So, basically your taking all cash with you? Have you ever used a ATM in Disney?
    I've used the ATM in the main lobby area at ASMo w/o any probs. I also bring an allotted amount if cash that I've saved up and set aside. I also have my KTTWC set up w/ charging abilities but NOT my 2 DD's ages 13&10. We misplace our cards far too often for that and it would be a NIGHTMARE!!!!! When we first began going we would buy so many souvenirs. Now, since this will be our 18th time, and we go every year, we really don't buy very much since we always get the DP.

Last year I activated my room key for my wife and myself but they took a copy of my pre loaded visa currency card for $500 so when we reached that they let me know and I added more.

We found the currency cards so easy and will do same thing next year as because its a Visa card it is pretty much accepted everywhere so cuts out the need for cash or travellers cheques.

Re: How do you take your "money" when going to WDW?

We always use the room key. What I usually do beforehand is go out and buy a $500 gift card beforehand, for the front desk to link to our room key (that's the amount they charge the card at), and then once we go through that its linked to our debit card. We also use the dining the plan, so our bill at the end of the week is never more $1000 (and most of that is from cocktails at dinner and world showcase.....lol).

For those who might be worried about not knowing how much you're spending, you can ask The front desk for an itemized print out whenever you want. I usually do it each evening on our way back to rooms.
    Last edited by stinkerbellsmom; 05-21-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,
    NOV'10 P O Riverside, JAN'12 POP Century,
    JAN'13 P O French Quarter, OCT'13 Art of Animation
    APR'14 Caribbean Beach, SEPT'14 Coronado Springs
    DEC'14 FW Cabins, OCT'15 Caribbean Beach

Lately we have been using the room key which is great. It's like using my phone with Google wallet but easier. Only carry about $15 or less in cash. Plus I have a special wallet for vacation. It's thinner and only has passes, id and 1 card. If I lose it the hit isn't that hard. Everything is easy to replace and only one bank to call.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

We take about $100 in cash and then link our debit card to our room key. So much easier

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Quote Originally Posted by laureliz13 View Post
    We take about $100 in cash and then link our debit card to our room key. So much easier

I can see how much easier that is, but I would be afraid that I would spend so much more than planned having my debit card linked!

I usually take cash just so I can keep track of my spending. It would be nice to not have to worry about it though...or not have a budget!
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

I love this thread. So I have a question. It's about money at Disney so I hope it's in the right place. My family (me 29, my husband,33, and our 3 kids 6,4,2) are going on our first trip to Disney in December. Besides money for our tickets,ADR's and BBB how much is a good amount to bring extra for souvenirs etc etc And is room key or debit card the way to go

Sent from My iPad.

Almost every souvenir we have ever bought was at least $15+. Tee shirts are usually at least $20. I think an easier way of managing souvenir money is to specially have an amount for each day to buy souvenirs. That might make it easier with kids. We always use our room key for charging. I keep a specific part in my small cross body bag for receipts and I add them up every night to see how much we spent.

Laur

As I have found a trip to WDW to be a big expense for me I plan so that it is spread out over time. I buy a 10 Day Park Hopper ticket with No Expiration and use 3 or 4 days each trip. Throughout the year I buy $50 Disney Gift cards when I have extra money. I watch for sales on the room rates for the dates I am going and book the room paying only the first night. I then look for sales on flights for the dates and always stay at a WDW hotel to take advantage of the complementary shuttle. I put my Credit Card on my room key and put all my expenses on my room key. This allows me to track how much each trip costs. I go to the front desk every couple days and check my balance and pay on it with the Disney Gift cards I had purchased through the year. When I am on a budget I prefer to stay at Pop Century Resort as it has the best bus service and overall is the best for the money of the value resorts in my opinion although the Art of Animation would replace it if their rates are the same or even just a bit more as it is a very nice resort. I usually book my room for a week and only visit the parks for 3-4 days. There is plenty to do at WDW without visiting the parks. Hop on a bus to one of the parks and you can visit any of the resorts. Have lunch poolside at the Polynesian. Go shopping at DTD Book a Dinner Show at one of the resorts. You can also add on the "fun visit" Water Parks and More to your ticket and then you have 10 park days as well as 10 "fun visit" days that never expire so you can go to Disney Quest, a Water Park or play Mini Golf on a day you don't visit the parks. Hope this helps.

Best thing for us regarding souvenirs is get them at walmart. Kids don't mind at all. Also the Disney store in the mall sometimes has sales like buy one get one. If I have to buy something in the park today they don't have anywhere else there's always the annual pass discount.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

One time I tried to put the money in my shoe, because one year I lost my wallet. But little did I know I forgot the money was there so I went on splash mountain. But now my wife carry the money. For gifts the flea market we like to go to and look or at walmart.
    Last edited by WDW Dreamer; 05-31-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    I was small when we went these years
    '90,'91,92,93,94,'95,'96,'97
    I was 8 years old when i start remebering more
    98',99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10
    im 21 now in 2011 me and my wife start going alone.
    ,'11,'11,12

We usually just link our KTTW card to our debit card and then carry around $40 in my cargo shorts zip pocket with the rest of my cards for incidentals but between that and our KTTW I have never had to worry about carrying large sums of money. Admittedly I am NOT looking forward to FP+ so I am hoping they offer alternatives to those who don't share in the mindset of embracing vinyl wristbands.

I bring my money via a Tractor Trailer after all it is Disney...lol Always link it to my card\visa SO easy and now with the tap deal on your card.... easy! Been to WDW about 30 times and once... only once did i have a budget, will save for a year and eat rice for weeks before i go with a budget... was NOOOOOO fun. And like i said its Disney its hard to have a budget!
    MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)