Disneyland Paris
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Paris

New user here. Which forum should I use to vent about Disneyland Paris? Just returned from a trip there and although my family had a great time it is letting down the Disney image and magic badly...

We just got back from there also and would never return. Such a shame as they are giving disney a bad name. What didn't you like?

I'd love to hear what happened, I love Paris!

***~AKL 09/14! ~****
    DLRP Trip#9 08-13!! *~*~*~* WDW Trip #2 10-14!!

Re: Disneyland Paris

I'm sorry to hear that Disney Paris was a disappointment. What happened?

It was a good theme park but nothing more. There was no magic :-(
    The dreams show was so busy people were pushing and shoving all the time, the staff were very unorganised. Lots of popular attractions with 120 minute wait and no fast pass option. We only saw 3 characters in the Parks in 5 days (except the princess which we queued for an hour for and Mickey Mouse who we queued 45 minutes for) and when the characters did come out there were no queues like in WDW but instead a mad rush of people and lots if people got missed out.
    The hotel was clean but not magical either, regular towels in the bathroom, no Mickey heads or other towel characters in the rooms.
    We hired a wheelchair for my mum as she has a back injury but because she died not hold a permanent disabled badge doge could not use the wheelchair entrance so had to miss out in rides with a queue longer than 15 minutes as that is the longest she can stand up for.
    The restaurant service was awful, 25 minutes for drinks, buffet style restaurant laid out like crystal palace but no plates for 15 minutes and very little food choice, once drinks were served no one returned to our table at all before we left (you pay on the way in!)
    Everything was over priced, even more than WDW - 6 ice creams cost me €24 which is about $36!
    There were other things I'm sure but all in all if I'd never been to another Disney park I would think this is what disney is like and would never return.

Sorry to hear about those bad experiences.

I think you got DLP in a bad time, way to busy. Unfortunetally most European people (I don't specify countries) can't handle busy periods and are not used to stand in lines...... and get very stressed

When visiting DLP in a less busy period there is def Magic, I agree it's not as much as in WDW, specially from the visitors and CM (exept the character CM, they are awesome, most of them)

We had annual passes for several years, but probably will not buy new ones as there no longer are shows and extra things in planning. We will probably go one time a year, during Halloween or Christmas, the only periods with extra things. And try to go to WDW every year instead.

As far as speciaal sites, I don't think there are special DLP sites in english, most of the time it's Disney with a little part about DLP (like on TD)
    Looking forward to our Disney vacations

Wow sorry to hear that! It is a shame at busy times that all Disney parks seem to decline at times. I went to WDW during x-mas holidays back in 2002 with folks that never been... and wow was it bad. Perhaps contacting guest services they are always willing to listen to your woes! I have before even recently with a bad stay at AOA, they of course offered me stuff which i declined as i was more trying to help them which would help me in the future, not get free stuff.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mberenato View Post
    Wow sorry to hear that! It is a shame at busy times that all Disney parks seem to decline at times. I went to WDW during x-mas holidays back in 2002 with folks that never been... and wow was it bad. Perhaps contacting guest services they are always willing to listen to your woes! I have before even recently with a bad stay at AOA, they of course offered me stuff which i declined as i was more trying to help them which would help me in the future, not get free stuff.

MB
    We tried speaking to guest services, they were just as bad, couldn't care less and very unhelpful :-(

When we went in May it was busy but that doesn't bother us. What really bothered us was the smoking...and this is coming from a smoker. We went out of our way to find and use the smoking areas but the only people who were ever there were the English. people were smoking in the queues for the rides and as I was there with my 3 year old nephew it was awful. The staff blatantly don't care and there were cigarette butts all over the park. It's not the Disney I know and love.

sheeesh i would have freaked out.. i have two people with Asthma in my family. Hmmm, perhaps i wouldn't want to see the parks outside the US after all.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    When we went in May it was busy but that doesn't bother us. What really bothered us was the smoking...and this is coming from a smoker. We went out of our way to find and use the smoking areas but the only people who were ever there were the English. people were smoking in the queues for the rides and as I was there with my 3 year old nephew it was awful. The staff blatantly don't care and there were cigarette butts all over the park. It's not the Disney I know and love.
    I totally agree, the smoking was awful and there was rubbish in water around the castle, toilets were dirty.

I feel really sad about reading all of this. My ex-husband is taking our daughter there in June as her high school graduation gift.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmom View Post
    I feel really sad about reading all of this. My ex-husband is taking our daughter there in June as her high school graduation gift.
    I hope they have a better experience than we did :-)

Quote Originally Posted by UK mum of 4 View Post

I hope they have a better experience than we did :-)
    I'm wondering if its even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmom View Post

I'm wondering if its even worth it.
    I would definitely say so!
    I love Paris and go back again and again, yes the US parks and bigger and have more stuff to do. But I REALLY feel the magic in Paris and have just been lucky not to have any really bad experiences in 9 visits! Go in with an open mind and you'll find things to love!
    Guest services should have been more helpful though, they're usually awesome!
    As a smoker I don't really get bothered by it, it's outside and a bit more of a relaxed European attitude, but always use the smoking bins and don't really see it in queues
    Still sad to hear of your experiences and please don't be put off, always worth another go

***~AKL 09/14! ~****
    DLRP Trip#9 08-13!! *~*~*~* WDW Trip #2 10-14!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast