Epcot or Hollywood Studios for a 3 year old?

Epcot or Hollywood Studios for a 3 year old?

My friend is going down at the end of the month with her husband and two sons (3 years old and 8 months old). She's planning on spending 3 days at WDW. She's doing MK, of course, but isn't sure which other park would have the most to interest her 3yo. What do you think? Any advice would be welcomed.

my vote goes to Hollywood studios. There's play house disney, beauty and the beast, voyage of the lil mermaid, the honey I shrunk the kids playground, muppets, and Indian jones show.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

I'd suggest DHS first, AK second and Epcot third.

As a kid, I found Epcot boring (funny how things change - it's my favorite park by MILES now).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks, both of you! That's what I was thinking also, I just wanted to get some other opinions. We worked out a plan for her that seems pretty good.

Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios for a 3 year old?

Can't forget about Toy Story Mania at DHS!!! A MUST for a 3 yr old!! (and a 39 yr old )

That's true! I forgot about that! Thanks!

What do you think her chances are of getting an ADR for the Disney Jr. Play and dine character breakfast or lunch at Hollywood and Vine? She's going to be there on June 23rd. Does it get booked solid?
    Last edited by i heart disney3; 06-03-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i heart disney3 View Post
    That's true! I forgot about that! Thanks!

What do you think her chances are of getting an ADR for the Disney Jr. Play and dine character breakfast or lunch at Hollywood and Vine? She's going to be there on June 23rd. Does it get booked solid?
    She may not get the exact time she wants, especially for Play and Dine...but no, they don't book solid, at least H&V doesn't. I would say though, she's cutting it darned close right now. Time to make a few ADRs!

Also, for a 3 year old, I'd say HS is the best bet. Back when Epcot had a lot more calmer rides, it was far more interesting for younger audiences, but at 3, the kid won't be able to do a lot of the rides (no mission space, no test track, no sourin, and I suspect no Maelstrom)...

AK is hot, a lot of walking, and while the animals are neat, there are also a lot of ride restrictions there.

HS has a lot of shows and things to do that are not as limited. Of course, no ToT or RnR, but plenty of other things to do. I'd suggest that she be sure to check out the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground, the Phineus and Ferb / Cars Meet and Greet near the Muppets, and of course Muppets in 4d!
    Last edited by englanddg; 06-04-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Beauty &the beast show is closed. U can meet mike & sulley in DHS also. My son is 4 and has loved the honey i shrunk the kids place since he was 2. And of course toy story. FP toy story as soon as the park opens
    10/93 - Off Prop, 03/08 - C.Beach, 06/09 - C.Beach (DVC Start), 03/10 - BLT, 07/11 - SS, 12/11 - BWV, 10/12 - BLT, 02/13 - BCV, 05/13 - OKW, 10/13 - BLT

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMouse View Post
    Beauty &the beast show is closed. U can meet mike & sulley in DHS also. My son is 4 and has loved the honey i shrunk the kids place since he was 2. And of course toy story. FP toy story as soon as the park opens
    Beauty and the beast show was operating yesterday when we were at the park.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    -HannahLeigh

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh

Beauty and the beast show was operating yesterday when we were at the park.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Yes that show is still there and running.

Sorry, i was there in the first week of May and it was closed. And i saw online that it will be closing so i thought it had. Glad to hear its still going.
    10/93 - Off Prop, 03/08 - C.Beach, 06/09 - C.Beach (DVC Start), 03/10 - BLT, 07/11 - SS, 12/11 - BWV, 10/12 - BLT, 02/13 - BCV, 05/13 - OKW, 10/13 - BLT

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg

She may not get the exact time she wants, especially for Play and Dine...but no, they don't book solid, at least H&V doesn't. I would say though, she's cutting it darned close right now. Time to make a few ADRs!
    Yes, she is cutting it close! It was kind of a last minute decision to go. I just realized something though, since she's staying with relatives, not on property, will she still be able to make a reservation? I have never stayed off property so I don't know how that works.

I am staying on property but didn't book through disney directly I booked through Virgin Holidays. When I made a reservation on the disney world website they just asked for my email address and name. Didn't ask for any thing to say I'm staying at a disney hotel so it looks like you can book if your not staying on property

Great, thanks!

Anyone know if you are allowed to bring soft coolers into the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by i heart disney3 View Post
    Great, thanks!

Anyone know if you are allowed to bring soft coolers into the parks?
    Yes, you can.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”