Dinosaur restaurant in Down Town Disney - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori1017 View Post
    I wish the reservations didn't fill up so fast at the T - Rex place -.-
    Yes! They were all booked up when we went in May, so I called to see if they had open times and they booked me for the time I wanted. No hassle!

Re: Dinosaur restaurant in Down Town Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Tori1017 View Post
    I wish the reservations didn't fill up so fast at the T - Rex place -.-
    Gone right up to the counter and asked if any seating was available, she told me in 15 minutes and to have a seat. Don't know if it was luck but this happened twice.
    Me: WDW - 120 Times, Disneyland 2 Times
    My Son: WDW 19 Times

I don't know if it is still this way, but last year there were no reservations available 4 months out in the afternoon (between lunch and dinner). I called Disney dining because I had a hard time relieving that huge restaurant was full in the afternoon. They said they only get a certain amount of reservations from TRex, but you can call and make a reservation directly through them. The number is (407)828-8739. Good luck!

That's interesting. Last year during the dinner rush my family and I, a party if 8, walked right up and were sat in a matter of 10 minutes. This past May when my fiancé and I went went, during the dinner rush as well, there was no wait.

If you're familiar with the Rainforest Cafe, it's basically the same thing, but with dinosaurs obviously. Good news... We've never needed a reservation. Usually a 15-30 minute wait. Bad news... They are NOT part of the dining plan, so if you have the plan, you have to pay for this out of pocket.

I think it's better than the Rainforest Cafe, personally. Same concept. Better food.

Quote Originally Posted by meghm View Post
    I think it's better than the Rainforest Cafe, personally. Same concept. Better food.
    We use to think so but last two visits in 2012 were less then stellar in food & service!

It was our tradition to drive down to DTD the morning before we check into our WDW resort we are only 6 hours away so we leave at 430 am & arrive in DTD between 1030/11 am. We started every trip out with a meal at TREX as its DH favorite, he LOVED the chicken fried steak & I LOVED the foot prints flat bread & cottontini! DD always got wings off appy menu.

Sept 2012 DH cut into his chicken fried steak & blood ran out!!! He called for a manager & was calm until manager had a why do you want me to do attitude! Called their corp office as soon as we left, they took $25 off our bill & had the manager call to apologize. When he did we explained its always been our fave since it opened we normally come a few times a yr & were Landry Select Members! He told us when we return call him he will take care of our meal. We returned in dec I called a month out he told me we would be taken care of. Well that taken care of turned out to be an appy! Ok? That wasn't what he said but we were thankful u til the food come out, some dishes were cold, some over cooked & dry & DH chicken fried steak was again undercooked. We had steak removed from bill, paid for the rest and haven't been back. That was lunch, we decided to sit at the bar at RFC for appys & cocktails for dinner & the food & service were so much better!

So in Sept we have a lunch ADR at RFC for our arrival day & ill use my $25 birthday reward towards it!

2013 CR, 2012 POR, BC CL, Disney Fantasy, GF CL, 2011 Poly CL, CR, CBR, 2010 Poly CL, 2009 ASMu, 2008 SSR, 2006, Pop, 2005 POR, ASMo, 2003 ASMo, 1999 to 1979 offsite

Quote Originally Posted by Greep View Post
    If you're familiar with the Rainforest Cafe, it's basically the same thing, but with dinosaurs obviously. Good news... We've never needed a reservation. Usually a 15-30 minute wait. Bad news... They are NOT part of the dining plan, so if you have the plan, you have to pay for this out of pocket.
    I think in the beginning they weren't on the plan, but they are now. We used ours for it last time (2012).
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Quote Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

We use to think so but last two visits in 2012 were less then stellar in food & service!

It was our tradition to drive down to DTD the morning before we check into our WDW resort we are only 6 hours away so we leave at 430 am & arrive in DTD between 1030/11 am. We started every trip out with a meal at TREX as its DH favorite, he LOVED the chicken fried steak & I LOVED the foot prints flat bread & cottontini! DD always got wings off appy menu.

Sept 2012 DH cut into his chicken fried steak & blood ran out!!! He called for a manager & was calm until manager had a why do you want me to do attitude! Called their corp office as soon as we left, they took $25 off our bill & had the manager call to apologize. When he did we explained its always been our fave since it opened we normally come a few times a yr & were Landry Select Members! He told us when we return call him he will take care of our meal. We returned in dec I called a month out he told me we would be taken care of. Well that taken care of turned out to be an appy! Ok? That wasn't what he said but we were thankful u til the food come out, some dishes were cold, some over cooked & dry & DH chicken fried steak was again undercooked. We had steak removed from bill, paid for the rest and haven't been back. That was lunch, we decided to sit at the bar at RFC for appys & cocktails for dinner & the food & service were so much better!

So in Sept we have a lunch ADR at RFC for our arrival day & ill use my $25 birthday reward towards it!

2013 CR, 2012 POR, BC CL, Disney Fantasy, GF CL, 2011 Poly CL, CR, CBR, 2010 Poly CL, 2009 ASMu, 2008 SSR, 2006, Pop, 2005 POR, ASMo, 2003 ASMo, 1999 to 1979 offsite
    Well we've only been there once, this past May. We all ordered pasta and it was very, very good. I hated Rainforest Cafe. We've been there numerous times. Their pasta is just bad. Like frozen dinner then microwave bad! I thought everything was absolutely horrible, so for me T-Rex was very good. Our server was very sweet and brought our food out super fast. (We were kind of expecting it to be a little slow because of how packed it was) But nope! We're planning on going again in January. Hopefully nothing like that happens to us! That's a sure way to ruin a restaurant for ya!

I did NOT like the Rex restaurant. Our server was extremely slow and by the time our food came out, it was cold. It has great theming and loved the seeing the different rooms, but it wasn't worth it.

I LOVE Rainforest Cafe! The food is so good! Our server was amazing and so funny! I would recommend Rainforest over Rex any day!

I enjoyed Rex - it was very cool and interesting inside. Our server was good but it was expensive. We had 2 adult burgers and a childs meal plus sodas and it was over $80. The food was alittle cold too. Wouldn't do it again tbh. Want to try Rainforest Cafe this time! 35days & counting. X

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I think in the beginning they weren't on the plan, but they are now. We used ours for it last time (2012).
    I don't think they are part if the plan at least when I ave looked at different books about the dining plan tree and rainforest cafe are neither one marked as part of the dining plan?

Is there a list on disney a actual site that lists what places accept the dining plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmule229 View Post
    Is there a list on disney a actual site that lists what places accept the dining plan?
    Just Google Disney Dining Plan 2013 and you should find the PDF which lists all the DDP restaurants.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Rainforest cafe is on the dining plan. We are going in Sept and have our ADR made for RFC at AK. We have the free dining. We love T. REX an have eaten there almost every year when we go. After reading this I'm excited to try RFC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast