Visiting WDW in August
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Visiting WDW in August

Hello! Has anyone gone to Disney World after 8/10? I've been in early August several times and it's relatively crowded. I've heard in the past that the later in August it gets, the less crowds one encounters. Now I'm hearing there is really no slower times of the year. Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks so much!

Re: Disney in Mid-Late August

We have been late aug going in to early September and the crowd levels were what I would call average not quiet not busy
    when we went at that time of the year it did rain quiet a bit thou

Quote Originally Posted by jboysmom11 View Post
    Hello! Has anyone gone to Disney World after 8/10? I've been in early August several times and it's relatively crowded. I've heard in the past that the later in August it gets, the less crowds one encounters. Now I'm hearing there is really no slower times of the year. Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks so much!
    I will being going to Disney for 7 days the last week of August next month & I will report if it's crowded or not. The only thing I'm worried about is the weather since living 3 hours away from Disney and it rains every day here, all day yesterday for that matter >.< I think as long as you know how to work around the crowds you will be fine.
    Tori

I have been last week of August/beginning of September and the crowds were definitely lower. The longest wait time we saw the whole time was 45 minutes to an hour and that was Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania. We did encounter some rain but nothing that ruined our trip. Mostly just showers in the afternoon. It was VERY hot and humid though so I recommend taking a mid afternoon break to go swimming.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Yep we go mid August to end of August each time. The crowds are smaller. We enjoy it very much .

With the regular rain showers in aug and sep when we have been at that time of year we normally try and plan something ahead of time for when the rain is due for an indoor activity
    We normally watch the local weather in the morning all download a local weather app

I'm not concerned about the rain because we've been to Disney in early August and are prepared for that. I'm just curious about crowd level.

I'm not concerned about the rain because we've been to Disney in early August and are prepared for that. I'm just curious about crowd level.
    We have been there for about the last 5 days of August into early September. I cannot compare it to earlier in August but it was definitely low crowds while we were there.

I go every year during this time period for the past 4 years. The crowds seem to break mid-month. I certainly notice a difference between our first week and our second.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

We visited 5 years ago around 20th August!!! It was busy and rained everyday for most of the day!!! It was also hot and humid!!! We'll never visit during August again!!! 8:0( XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlybabe View Post
    We visited 5 years ago around 20th August!!! It was busy and rained everyday for most of the day!!! It was also hot and humid!!! We'll never visit during August again!!! 8:0( XXX
    Awesome...

We have been going the last two weeks if August for the past three years. The weather can be rainy, buy a poncho. We were there last year when we had an outer band of rain from one of the hurricanes. We put on our ponchos and went to magic kingdom. We were able to do almost everything within 5 hours. We walked right on some rides. I would recommend going this time if year. We used to go the first two weeks of may and it was so much hotter.
    I hope this helps

I'm trying to not think hurricane since we're also going on the 3 day cruise...

I have been going the 3 or 4th week of August for the last 15 years. Lines are much shorter due to everyone going back to school in the south mid August. Typical afternoon rain showers usually around 3PM. I have had days where there was no rain at all and then was there during Hurricaine Faye where she planted herself over Orlando area for 5 days straight. Rained alot but we had umbrellas and ponchos, ended up taking the ponchos off as they made you feel like a sauna. Parks were empty. We were also there for Katrina and Irene. Irene blew past us without any showers and ended up north, couldn't get home for 7 days due to all flights in and out of Philly were canceled for 3 days, thank goodness we had travel insurance, since the airlines cancelled our flights, the insurance covered our extra days at the hotel including meals. Enjoyed every minute of it as we got to watch them prepare the parks for the fall festivities and got to miss another 7 days at work. I highly recommend going down this time of year.
    Me: WDW - 120 Times, Disneyland 2 Times
    My Son: WDW 19 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dsmolij View Post
    I have been going the 3 or 4th week of August for the last 15 years. Lines are much shorter due to everyone going back to school in the south mid August. Typical afternoon rain showers usually around 3PM. I have had days where there was no rain at all and then was there during Hurricaine Faye where she planted herself over Orlando area for 5 days straight. Rained alot but we had umbrellas and ponchos, ended up taking the ponchos off as they made you feel like a sauna. Parks were empty. We were also there for Katrina and Irene. Irene blew past us without any showers and ended up north, couldn't get home for 7 days due to all flights in and out of Philly were canceled for 3 days, thank goodness we had travel insurance, since the airlines cancelled our flights, the insurance covered our extra days at the hotel including meals. Enjoyed every minute of it as we got to watch them prepare the parks for the fall festivities and got to miss another 7 days at work. I highly recommend going down this time of year.
    Personally, I much prefer the long sunny and dry days of May.

I'd rather stand in line for 5 minutes more than walk round in rain.

It just shows how we're all so different. Your experience sounds more like a horror story to me and would put me off August for life!

It's brilliant that you enjoyed it so much - but I'll stick to May!

:-)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast