Visiting WDW in August - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here in the UK from September you can't book any time off school for your kids. It makes it very limited when you can go to Orlando. Need 2 weeks defo because of travelling distance. So only time could go is Christmas, Easter or end July to August. Which is the best time to go out of these? Last 2 weeks of August? X

My sister is in the same boat as you with 2 kids.

They went in August but found it too hot and busy.

They're trying again at Easter next time as, although it will probably be just as busy, the lower temperature will hopefully make the crowds easier to bear.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

A friend of mine went at Easter and had good weather but said the crowds were insane. She claims she would not go back at that time of year.

Of course August is hit or miss regarding rain but when we went a few years back it only rained one afternoon and it was fairly quick. We did not feel the crowds were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris315 View Post
    A friend of mine went at Easter and had good weather but said the crowds were insane. She claims she would not go back at that time of year.

Of course August is hit or miss regarding rain but when we went a few years back it only rained one afternoon and it was fairly quick. We did not feel the crowds were bad.
    Thanks for that info! We'll be goin to Disney 14th August for 2 weeks so hoping crowds aren't too bad. As for the weather we'll just make the most of it. X

Quote Originally Posted by Donnamfelton View Post

Thanks for that info! We'll be goin to Disney 14th August for 2 weeks so hoping crowds aren't too bad. As for the weather we'll just make the most of it. X
    Well, we'll be there around the same time as you so I hope the best for both of us!!!

Re: Disney in Mid-Late August

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Personally, I much prefer the long sunny and dry days of May.

I'd rather stand in line for 5 minutes more than walk round in rain.

It just shows how we're all so different. Your experience sounds more like a horror story to me and would put me off August for life!

It's brilliant that you enjoyed it so much - but I'll stick to May!

:-)
    It's really not that bad in August, generally a storm hits that area once or twice in a couple of years. I love going in August. Its hot and sunny and like clockwork it rains at 3PM for about 30-40 minutes and then its gone, same like any other hot humid day up north, only thing different is it gets cooler at night while up north it will stay hot and humid all night long. Its what we call here in Philadelphia the brick oven effect. The bricks soak up the heat and you are basically in an oven all day and night. I wouldn't trade a rainy day in Disney over a sunny day at home for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donnamfelton View Post
    Here in the UK from September you can't book any time off school for your kids. It makes it very limited when you can go to Orlando. Need 2 weeks defo because of travelling distance. So only time could go is Christmas, Easter or end July to August. Which is the best time to go out of these? Last 2 weeks of August? X
    End of August. July is stifling hot and long lines. I usually meet up with my British friends in August. They too come each year and then take off on a side trip to NY or Boston or off to one of the islands for another week. You also can land a free dining plan this time of year as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jboysmom11 View Post
    Well, we'll be there around the same time as you so I hope the best for both of us!!!
    We are heading down the 18th of August for 8 days. Enjoy everyone.
    Me: WDW - 120 Times, Disneyland 2 Times
    My Son: WDW 19 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jboysmom11 View Post

Awesome...
    Apologies didn't realise you had already booked and were asking for advice!!! We hated the weather but still had a GREAT time!!! Think we'd all enjoy Disney no matter what!!! I'll cross everything for you regarding rain!!! 8:0) XXX

End of august is beautiful. The weekend before labor day gets a little crowded but not like many of the other months at WDW. We loved our last trip in august that we are going again this year. Everyone has its favorite time. They book their trip around it. So everyone is going to claim their time booked is the best but it is the best for them. If you want or considering going when you do, is because it fits your schedule and you find it to be the best time to go. I loved it in 2010 at the last week of august into September first week so much I booked it again. I did not think it was unbearable. I thought it was beautiful. And if you think you would wait on line only 5 minutes more in May or June (sorry winkster I have to disagree with you here which I rarely do regarding your posts) you are mistaken. Also I did not experience any more rain than in other months nor did I think it was that much hotter. It was in the 90's to high 90's in May one year. It rains in Florida especially in the spring and summer. But I did not experience unbearable summer heat. Hot yes, unbearable no. When I'm at Disney I want to swim also. In the late afternoon its great to take a swim or rest up anyway. I thought the lines were great and you can see or ride most of the attractions throughout the day. Although there were some attractions that you had to wait for 45 minutes (2 as I can remember). There are months where there are less crowds, like in January but to me it wasn't the best time of year. But that's me. I will not discourage those who enjoy this time of year. But if you find it a good time to go, then go. If it is a good time for you to go, you will be better relaxed and able to enjoy your stay. August a wonderful time without long lines and crowded restaurants. I give the last two weeks of august my vote and a best kept secret award. Except this year I cant get the free diner plan but did get 30% off our trip.
    Last edited by Sofia's Dad; 07-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia's Dad View Post
    End of august is beautiful. The weekend before labor day gets a little crowded but not like many of the other months at WDW. We loved our last trip in august that we are going again this year. Everyone has its favorite time. They book their trip around it. So everyone is going to claim their time booked is the best but it is the best for them. If you want or considering going when you do, is because it fits your schedule and you find it to be the best time to go. I loved it in 2010 at the last week of august into September first week so much I booked it again. I did not think it was unbearable. I thought it was beautiful. And if you think you would wait on line only 5 minutes more in May or June (sorry winkster I have to disagree with you here which I rarely do regarding your posts) you are mistaken. Also I did not experience any more rain than in other months nor did I think it was that much hotter. It was in the 90's to high 90's in May one year. It rains in Florida especially in the spring and summer. But I did not experience unbearable summer heat. Hot yes, unbearable no. When I'm at Disney I want to swim also. In the late afternoon its great to take a swim or rest up anyway. I thought the lines were great and you can see or ride most of the attractions throughout the day. Although there were some attractions that you had to wait for 45 minutes (2 as I can remember). There are months where there are less crowds, like in January but to me it wasn't the best time of year. But that's me. I will not discourage those who enjoy this time of year. But if you find it a good time to go, then go. If it is a good time for you to go, you will be better relaxed and able to enjoy your stay. August a wonderful time without long lines and crowded restaurants. I give the last two weeks of august my vote and a best kept secret award. Except this year I cant get the free diner plan but did get 30% off our trip.
    This post made me very excited for my trip aug 25th lol have a great trip !
    Tori

We like to arrive the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. We normally do some shopping and hang around the pool the day we arrive.

Sunday is usually busy early but clears out into the evening as most are getting ready to leave Monday. We have found Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday right after Labor Day to be fantastic for us with very short lines throughout all the parks.

This will be our 4th year coming at this time and have always had good luck with the weather and lines..... I hope I haven't jinxed us now!!

Our next visit is Aug 31st and can't wait!

31 days till our next adventure!!

August? Hows the weather

Hi

I'm planning a return trip to wdw but have to go in the holidays as dd's are both in school/uni

Have normally taken them out but as this is first year in uni for eldest dd thought I should go in holidays

We are planning on a 3 week holiday again :-)
    What is the weather like in this month ??
    Please help
    ºOº "Even miracles take a little time." ºOº

Stacey xx

Quote Originally Posted by disneymadmumof3 View Post
    Hi

I'm planning a return trip to wdw but have to go in the holidays as dd's are both in school/uni

Have normally taken them out but as this is first year in uni for eldest dd thought I should go in holidays

We are planning on a 3 week holiday again :-)
    What is the weather like in this month ??
    Please help
    I live three hours south of Disney & this is the forecast for the next week lol I am going to Disney Aug 25th & praying no rain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-94550365.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	7555  
    Tori

Thanks Tori
    ºOº "Even miracles take a little time." ºOº

Stacey xx

Quote Originally Posted by disneymadmumof3 View Post
    Thanks Tori
    No problem today we had no rain thankfully ^.^
    Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia's Dad View Post
    I agree with you 100%, I love that time of year in WDW. I have been in December and January. The parks close at 7PM and that was truly no fun at all. We hit the parks first thing in the morning one day and head back to the hotel just after lunch for a swim and a short nap, get cleaned up and out the door we go again. If the feet are tired and achy, just stick them in the hot tub for 15 minutes and I am good to go. Leaving in 10 days and can't wait.
    Me: WDW - 120 Times, Disneyland 2 Times
    My Son: WDW 19 Times

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast