Visiting WDW in August - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Disney world in aug.

Booked my first time to Disney world in August. It's my two friends my son and me anyone else going in August or have been in August. Wondering how the wether is or if there are any discounts or free dinning I can get when we go.

Quote Originally Posted by surfinwithcrush View Post
    Booked my first time to Disney world in August. It's my two friends my son and me anyone else going in August or have been in August. Wondering how the wether is or if there are any discounts or free dinning I can get when we go.
    I will be there Aug 1st - 10th! I originally planned for the week school was back in session but had to change it due to my boss oh well lol I went last year in August it was very hot but it's always hot here in Florida. Be prepared for afternoon showers but they don't last long! How long are you going for? Be sure to do your fast passes since it will be a crowded time.
    Tori

I went in august years ago and there was a hurricane. Hopefully tht doesn't happen to you. But it's great cuz the crowds aren't too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Tori1017 View Post
    I will be there Aug 1st - 10th! I originally planned for the week school was back in session but had to change it due to my boss oh well lol I went last year in August it was very hot but it's always hot here in Florida. Be prepared for afternoon showers but they don't last long! How long are you going for? Be sure to do your fast passes since it will be a crowded time.
    The 17th-23rdis when imgoing showers don't last long

I'll be there from the 11th through to the 25th 😃

Re: Disney world in aug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori1017 View Post

Those are our exact dates too!! Never been there in August, so I am curious and hoping for NO hurricanes!!! We were going to go the following week, but the kids did not want to come back the day before school starts.
    I am hoping the crowds are manageable...
    Regardless, it will still be magical!!

End of August is one of my favorite times to go because I do not have to worry about the kids missing school (from New England) and the crowds aren't bad, plus the pricing is good. The 17th to the 23rd when you are going should be less crowded than the beginning of August because school in the south is back in session. It does get very hot and humid in August and there will be showers but like pp said, they do not last long. Bring some ponchos along. If you don't mind the heat then August is a great time to go.

I forgot to mention that free dining used to be offered in August, but last year free dining didn't start until Sept 2nd. Not sure what it will be this year.
    Last edited by vanessprincess; 04-17-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by browns3030 View Post
    Those are our exact dates too!! Never been there in August, so I am curious and hoping for NO hurricanes!!! We were going to go the following week, but the kids did not want to come back the day before school starts. I am hoping the crowds are manageable... Regardless, it will still be magical!!
    yea any way it will be special kinda cool I found someone else that's going to be there the same time u staying on site or off

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post
    End of August is one of my favorite times to go because I do not have to worry about the kids missing school (from New England) and the crowds aren't bad, plus the pricing is good. The 17th to the 23rd when you are going should be less crowded than the beginning of August because school in the south is back in session. It does get very hot and humid in August and there will be showers but like pp said, they do not last long. Bring some ponchos along. If you don't mind the heat then August is a great time to go. I forgot to mention that free dining used to be offered in August, but last year free dining didn't start until Sept 2nd. Not sure what it will be this year.
    . I'm ok with the heat and what's the free dinning and how does that work

Anyone else going in August

Im going august 24th til 7th september. Cant wait.

Yea I'm going August 17 till 23

Incredibly hot and humid and rainy. Bring strong sunblock and apply it often, even if it's cloudy out.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

To keep everything in one place, I've merged this thread into our "Visiting WDW in August" thread.

Lots more discussion here!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Visiting WDW in August

Going to France WDW stay at Red Apple Apartments (cheap short-term/long-term) holiday rentals
    Last edited by redapple; 05-20-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123