Neck Lanyard,Hip Lanyard or neither?

Neck Lanyard,Hip Lanyard or neither?

I am new to the whole trading issue but I want to dive in next year on our trip.
    What do you prefer, the neck lanyard or the new retractable hip lanyards?

I have trouble to imagine that the neck lanyards are in any way comfortable after a while - especially with heavy pins.
    The hip lanyard I'm a bit afraid that it will get in the way on rides.

Or are you allowed to display your pins totally differently, e.g. on a vest or something?

What do you use? Thanks for any insight, Sonja
    09/02/2014 5th anniversary Disney trip "The Beauty and the beast, Sonja&Tommy"
    October 2009 honeymoon PO

I have a neck lanyard. I'm not really sure how a hip lanyard work with pins on it (maybe I'm confused on the design of it). What I do is only keep my absolute favorites and ones I want to trade on it so it doesn't get too heavy. They can get a little itchy in which I take it off and put it in my bag. At home, I use a cork board to display the pins

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

I have seen people with vests covered in pins, hats, sashes, and the lanyards.

My boys used the lanyards, I don't do the pins but the first year I used a neck lanyard to hold my KTTWC and I'd and $$ and it on my nerves after a while, it rubbed my neck and I had gotten sunburn...blah blah blah...but I think it all depends on the person.
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

Re: Neck Lanyard,Hip Lanyard or neither?

laureliz:

This is an example of the design of the hip lanyards, they come in different colors/characters.

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Tinker-...dp/B005IF1G5A/
    09/02/2014 5th anniversary Disney trip "The Beauty and the beast, Sonja&Tommy"
    October 2009 honeymoon PO

I use both. I display my nice ones on a neck lanyard and have traders on my hip lanyard. I always wind up taking off the neck lanyard though in this Florida heat. Lol i have a Disney Tote Bag i have a bunch of puns on. Important to get locking pin backs on the pins you are showing off though.

I use the neck lanyard. I don't mind wearing it. But sometimes on rides like Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, I'll put it in my bag. My boyfriend wears the neck lanyard, but only pins his willing to trade. The rest he keeps in a pin book he bought at Disney World last year.

Neck Lanyard however I would try a hip Lanyard.
    Mperry
    12 Hours from WDW via Moter Vehicle.
    1.5 hours Via Southwest Airlines.

I have attached pins to my crossbody bag, but the most I've ever had on one bag was three pins (I don't trade).

I've had pins fall off way too many times, so I always use pin locks now.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I personally have the neck lanyard, but I know people who have used the hip lanyard. They mainly use the locking backs to keep the pins there. I do have a few pins that have the locking backs on my neck lanyard. (Mainly for the bigger and heavier pins.) I tend to tie/loop the neck lanyard around my purse/bag I have with me as I do get annoyed with the neck lanyard easily. I tend to keep just a few pins I am willing to trade on it and keep the a few others in my hotel room and interchange them throughout the my trip.
    All our dreams can come true. IF we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
    1995: Allstar Music
    2000: AllStar Movie
    2002/2004/2006: Disney Double Tree
    2009: Caribbean Beach Resort
    2014: Allstar Music

I use the neck lanyard mainly, but depending on what you may be riding its easy yo lose the backs of the pins and eventually your pins. I have one lanyard of favorites and another of traders...
    Always planning the next Disney Vacation...

Apr. 2008 (DS3 and me) - offsite; Jul. 2008 (DS3, DMom and me) - offsite; Apr. 2009 (DS4, DSis and me) - Disney Yacht Club; Apr. 2010 (DS5, DSis, DMom and me) - Disney Yacht Club; Apr. 2011 (DS6, DD<1 and me) - offsite; Dec. 2011 (DS6, DD1, DH and me) - offsite; Dec. 2012 (DS7, DD2, DSis, DMom and me) - offsite; May 2014 (DD3, DS9 and me) - POP Century; Fall 2014 Planning Now