Sciatica and WDW

Sciatica and WDW

Has anyone ever had sciatica act up in the middle of a WDW vacation? What did you do?
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Re: Sciatica and WDW

Well,Curious Alice, I have never had sciatica act up while on vacation (holiday). However, as a licensed massage therapist, I can tell you, if you can find a massage therapist who knows anything about sciatica, you can find relief. A simple massage addressing the gluteus maximus, piriformis and gluteus medius, all located around the greater trochanter. I have relieved sciatic issues with a number of clients. Please understand, this does not remove the sciatic discomfort permanently, but does offer relief.I personally have never been to one of Disney's spas, but I am sure they have therapists on duty who would be happy to work on you, should the need arise.
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, The Disney Life for Me!
    The Montagna Family

D.V.C. members: home - Saratoga Springs

Yes I took a load of pain killers which I had pre-prescribed by my doctor and only went on the little rides. I also sat down a lot.

Re: Sciatica and WDW

no, however a few days of trekking through the parks i need a down day and i say i do and sit by the pool and drink adult beverages... than im back at it.. lol :-)

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

I have ! But since our first trip I've taken my therapist advice to heart and strengthen all the muscles around it: lower back, abdominal, gluteus maximus etc. I haven't had an episode in decades now! And until I got pregnant with this baby, I even lifted really heavy at the gym!

That said, I know a friend who carries or buys a pool noodle and uses it as a foam roller to alleviate pain. She even took a small section in her backpack and when she could sit she placed it in her lower back and it helped. I've never tried it

Sent from my magical device using pixie dust
    Disneyland December 1985, Walt Disney World July 1991
    Walt Disney World July 1993, Walt Disney World February 2004

Honeymoon @ Pop Century November 2005
    DD Judith, born September 9, 2006, DD Julia, born Dec. 16, 2007

“The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" Walt Disney