Visiting WDW in January - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittz View Post
    We're planning on a ten day trip early next year when do you think the best time frame would be
    We went this year, January 5th- 12th and the crowds were fine. We only went to the parks the 5th-7th, so I can't say how the rest of the days were. But the first 3 days were great.

Quote Originally Posted by meghm View Post
    We went this year, January 5th- 12th and the crowds were fine. We only went to the parks the 5th-7th, so I can't say how the rest of the days were. But the first 3 days were great.
    . Yeah those days look great it's the marathon days that don't look to appealing. Might be second guessing our anticipated dates now
    WDW: 2001, 2012

We often travel at that time because my birthday is January 5. Crowd levels can fluctuate depending on when more schools start up again after Christmas break. The marathoners do make it more crowded. We went last moth after marathon and before MLK and the largest crowds we has to deal with were the massive tour groups. They seem to swell certain rides and up the wait times from 5 mins to 25 with just one group. Otherwise, Jan is a great time to go.
    Isabella

25 trips to DisneyWorld, 1 to Disneyland
    Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Inn, WDW Swan, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge

Awesome! When do the tour groups tend not be as numerous in the month? Is it more towards the end of the month beginning of February?
    WDW: 2001, 2012

January quick trip

Staying in January after holidays but before marathon weekend is this a good time?? I see park numbers look lower but I am curious. 4 adults for a 4 day getaway and so we want to make sure it is a good time.
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

Quote Originally Posted by senacm09 View Post
    Staying in January after holidays but before marathon weekend is this a good time?? I see park numbers look lower but I am curious. 4 adults for a 4 day getaway and so we want to make sure it is a good time.
    January after the marathon is their value season and the prices are probably the lowest of the year. You can always check out dvcrequest.com I checked and on January 11, for 3 nights 4 days you can stay at animal kingdom lodge in a studio room for $378 no tax added to this either. You can upgrade to Savannah view and pay $588 instead.
    If that's something that you don't want to do there's other resorts or you can just look for discount codes like Florida resident or annual passholder codes and stay at a moderate or value resort which have the lowest prices of the year during this time.

Thank you for information, we looked at All star family suite for 4 adults and for 4 days was under $800 total due to military discount. We can get our 4 day park hoppers for $177 for each prior to leaving so we thought this was a pretty good rate.

So I hope....
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

P.s. we have 2 college students so our time frame is limited to January 8-10
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

P.s. we have 2 college students so our time frame is limited to January 8-10
    January 8-10 using dvc is only $462 for a studio at animal kingdom lodge. This is all you pay. No tax or fees as it's all included. Half of what all star would cost you. Hope everything works out.

Forgot to ask, are you a passholder or Florida resident?

Re: January quick trip

January 8 to 10 is the Marathon Weekend. I couldn't tell by your post if you knew you weren't missing the Marathon. My DH and I have been to WDW at the beginning of January seven times so far. We have been there during the Marathon and it is so much busier than right before the Marathon Weekend starts. The resorts have more people in the lobby, there are roads blocked so its hard to go to the Parks without delays and the parks are busier after Marathon hours. We do our best to avoid the Marathon and this time our trip ends right before it starts. I think it will be not as busy as some times of the year but it will definitely be busier than other times in January. I love WDW so I'd go anytime!
    Last edited by cpudd; 09-11-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    32 visits to WDW. Visits since 2008:
    Jan 2008 - Wilderness Lodge, Sept 2008 - All-Star Music, Jan 2009 - Contemporary Resort & All-Star Sports, Jan 2011 - Polynesian Resort, Sept 2011 - Old Key West, Jan 2013 & Oct 2014 - Bay Lake Tower & Art of Animation, Jan 2015 - Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans FQ, Villas at the Grand Floridian & Disney's Vero Beach, Jan 2016 - Animal Kingdom Villas, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney's Hilton Head Island

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

January 8-10 using dvc is only $462 for a studio at animal kingdom lodge. This is all you pay. No tax or fees as it's all included. Half of what all star would cost you. Hope everything works out.
    Does that matter how many in room? ?? When I use DVC can I get a ride or do I need a rental?
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

Quote Originally Posted by cpudd View Post
    January 8 to 10 is the Marathon Weekend. I couldn't tell by your post if you knew you weren't missing the Marathon. My DH and I have been to WDW at the beginning of January seven times so far. We have been there during the Marathon and it is so much busier than right before the Marathon Weekend starts. The resorts have more people in the lobby, there are roads blocked so its hard to go to the Parks without delays and the parks are busier after Marathon hours. We do our best to avoid the Marathon and this time our trip ends right before it starts. I think it will be not as busy as some times of the year but it will definitely be busier than other times in January. I love WDW so I'd go anytime!
    From what I saw Marathon started on 10 so I was hoping to be gone before that chaos started
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

From what I saw Marathon started on 10 so I was hoping to be gone before that chaos started
    I thought you said 8-10 were the dates you wanted. When exactly are you wanting the dates for?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

I thought you said 8-10 were the dates you wanted. When exactly are you wanting the dates for?
    Sorry, my typing errors I blame on small phone and big fingers. 6th thru 10th...
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast