Visiting WDW in January - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by senacm09 View Post

Sorry, my typing errors I blame on small phone and big fingers. 6th thru 10th...
    No problem. It's still cheaper on those days. It's higher than normal due to the marathon but still lower than all star. It's $546 for those days at a studio in animal kingdom lodge. If those dates are set in stone then you'll do good with dvc if they have them available. Good luck with your plans. Also, if you have American express credit card, that's the best card for this as I think they offer travel insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

No problem. It's still cheaper on those days. It's higher than normal due to the marathon but still lower than all star. It's $546 for those days at a studio in animal kingdom lodge. If those dates are set in stone then you'll do good with dvc if they have them available. Good luck with your plans. Also, if you have American express credit card, that's the best card for this as I think they offer travel insurance.
    So if I am able yo get DVC points then do I need to make transportation arrangements to and from airport?
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

DVC reservations (rented or by owners) can still use the magical express the only thing I can think of that a DVC rental does not get would be free dining if it is offered at time of stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris315 View Post
    DVC reservations (rented or by owners) can still use the magical express the only thing I can think of that a DVC rental does not get would be free dining if it is offered at time of stay.
    So one I am getting hoppers at our Army base, I was told then I can take them and activate our bands and I will have fast pass access after.... so no real change???
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

Quote Originally Posted by senacm09 View Post

So one I am getting hoppers at our Army base, I was told then I can take them and activate our bands and I will have fast pass access after.... so no real change???
    That is correct, you can attach your park hopper tickets to the magic bands.

Re: Visiting WDW in January

We do not mind January, nor the Marathon week. In fact, we'll be there with you Atlaxcorps (Coach Alex) in January 2016. Someone mentioned the South American tour groups and how their behaviors were so bad Disney refunded. That is incredible, the fact Disney refunded IMHO. My experience is that the South American rudeness could not be found in a moderate resort but I did run into it in the park. We just bounced away from them. No way some rude folk are going to ruin our Magic! So my experience is that Marathon Day is not as bad as some make out. Disney knows how to control crowds better than anyone on the planet and they do a great job that week. I found that most races are over with early in the morning, and snake around as to make minimal impact on the park visitors. Unless you are tied to a race, you can certainly find plenty to do that keep you away from the race events.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123