Resort to Resort

Resort to Resort

Hey im just wondering something. We might be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. If we wanted to go to dinner at a different hotel is there an easier way to get to the hotel then taking a bus from the resort to one of the parks then getting a bus to say animal kingdom lodge for bomas and to get back do the same thing. P.s. we wont be renting a car. We'll be using the Disney's Magical Express
    "It all started with a mouse" - Walt Disney
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday
    WDW A couple before 1995 I cant remember,1995 DL, 1997 CS, 1999 POR, 2001 POR, 2003 POR, 2005 POR, 2007-POR
    DLR 2005 Off Property

Firstly, you'd be quicker going via Blizzard Beach according to the OLP Transport Wizard.

Secondly, if you're coming back too long after park closing time, you'd have to catch a bus via DTD as the park busses may have stopped running.

Thirdly, your only other option is a taxi.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Resort to Resort

Yep, Winkster is right. That has been a problem for us as well but our saving grace is we drive our car. This way we can drive between resorts for dinner.

Ill just add on and say that the bus ride to dtd after a long day and a late dinner, was not a pleasant experience! Especially when everyone else is doing the same. The bus was packed completely (couldn't move), kids were screaming, and we didn't get home until 12am after an 8pm dinner at ohana! Our dinner service was so slow that we missed using the monorail/park bus

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Yea it was always more convenient when we had a car
    "It all started with a mouse" - Walt Disney
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday
    WDW A couple before 1995 I cant remember,1995 DL, 1997 CS, 1999 POR, 2001 POR, 2003 POR, 2005 POR, 2007-POR
    DLR 2005 Off Property

Quote Originally Posted by laureliz13 View Post
    Ill just add on and say that the bus ride to dtd after a long day and a late dinner, was not a pleasant experience! Especially when everyone else is doing the same. The bus was packed completely (couldn't move), kids were screaming, and we didn't get home until 12am after an 8pm dinner at ohana! Our dinner service was so slow that we missed using the monorail/park bus

Great points. If you don't mind the noise and time then the bus is fine and saves you gas and dealing with bad drivers. But if you want tranquility, time saving and convenience then your own car is a better choice, especially after a calm dinner. It also depends on the crowd level. Sometimes the buses aren't bad at all. We do kona cafe all the time. Take the bus to main transportation hub then we take monorail. We love it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TalkDisney

Re: Resort to Resort

Quote Originally Posted by laureliz13 View Post

I agree. I think we really wished there were more buses late at night after a long day and dinner. I was so tired on our last trip because we wouldn't get home until midnight and would get up at 6:30 each day. Needless to say I guess I'm not as young as I used to be. It will probably be the same way next trip.
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013