Does anyone else save change for a Disney trip?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else save change for a Disney trip?

I took some change that I had in a bag to the bank to turn into cash. I decided even before I knew the amount that I would put it on a gift card and that would be how much I can spend at Disney for my next trip for extra things.
    This money will not include food or necessary things. It will be for souvenirs, treats, a gift or alcohol.
    For some reason it seems more fun to do it this way than to just use my debit card

I do!!! If I have a trip planned, we won't spend any change! I have a cup in the car and a piggy bank in the house for it. It's amazing how much change you rack up. One year I had $300! My mom did the same and gave me $100 of it for my birthday lol

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Laur

Re: Does anyone else save change for a Disney trip?

I have a milk jug for change and a piggy bank for cash bills that I find e.g. in a jacket, before washing something. That is spending money when it's time to go.
    09/02/2014 5th anniversary Disney trip "The Beauty and the beast, Sonja&Tommy"
    October 2009 honeymoon PO

I have one! Not only change, but any unexpected or "extra" money goes into it also. Adds up quick!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

we do it for the kids spending money.
    2002-off prop, 2005-cabin FW, 2006-cabin FW (MVMCP), 2007-POR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2008-CBR(MNSSHP & free dinning) no kids, 2011-CBR (MNSSHP & free dinning), 2013-cabins FW (MVMCP)

I don't do it on purpose, but i save my changes and then turn it into bills so i can use them for tipping and the likes.

In general I don't use cash, but when I do and get change. At the end of the day I just take them out and put it in my coin sorter.
    Trying to make it big in the Real Estate world so I can spend more time in Disney World!

November - December 2012 AS-Music
    November 2013 AS-Music

I save my weekly tips I get from Starbucks. I've managed to get a good $700, so I'm pretty set with my souvenir and food budget. That is on top of the various Disney gift cards I have recieved for my birthday and Christmas last year.

We have done that before... i like the gift card thing so it doesnt get spent on other stuff before you get there!

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

I did that last year. Only saved about 30 because someone found my stash and was skimming it. Hoping to stash more this year. I also take random bills out of pockets when I do laundry. No one in the house ever asks if I found money in their pockets so I keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by JennSpencer View Post
    I did that last year. Only saved about 30 because someone found my stash and was skimming it. Hoping to stash more this year. I also take random bills out of pockets when I do laundry. No one in the house ever asks if I found money in their pockets so I keep it.
    Im not telling... i do the same thing in my house...lol goes right in the WDW change bucket.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

I used a Mickey Coffee Can to save for our last trip and it had $60.00 worth of change in it filled to the top. I'm slacking so far since that trip. The can is a little bare. I need to start saving again. We plan to go again in 2015 for 30th birthday.
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

We have a piggy bank and the change is giving to the kids for spending money.

Any one save on a disney trip try spending less on foods,on useless stuffs and see to it that you never spend on things that you don't require much in use.

My bank does automatic transfer to any account I choose. Once we decide we are going we divide the amount we want to have to spend. I set up an automatic withdrawal an deposit to a vacation account. Thia account is at a credit union that I rarely use so not tempting to touch.

We also buy gift cards at Target to have for W&F festival. Makes getting our treats very simple an quick.
    ASMusic 1999
    ASMusic 2000
    ASMovies 2004
    ASMovies 2006

Quote Originally Posted by cambellronald7 View Post
    Any one save on a disney trip try spending less on foods,on useless stuffs and see to it that you never spend on things that you don't require much in use.
    I am known for being thrifty, but I'm not a Scrooge. We tend to buy our Disney stuff in the outlet store, and I see where I get a lot of bang for the buck in dining - however, it is a vacation, so holding my cents together doesn't really cut it for me. Then I'd rather wait another year to go.
    09/02/2014 5th anniversary Disney trip "The Beauty and the beast, Sonja&Tommy"
    October 2009 honeymoon PO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast