New Years Eve

Thread: New Years Eve

New Years Eve

What is the best park to be in on New Years Eve? I have heard good things about Magic Kingdom and Epcot! Any other opinions?

Magic kingdom is good but let me tell it gets packed quick. We went in 2006 and magic kingdom closed at 9am because it was at capacity. With the other parks following close behind.

Quote Originally Posted by darnoc View Post
    Magic kingdom is good but let me tell it gets packed quick. We went in 2006 and magic kingdom closed at 9am because it was at capacity. With the other parks following close behind.
    yes I have heard that too. My family and I will be at magic kingdom for Christmas Eve because we have a lot of plans and reservations that day so we will be getting there extra early. If it was up to my dad we would be camping outside the gates! Just wasn't sure were to spend New Year's Eve!m

I was at MK last year for New Years Eve. It was amazing, but it was so incredibly crowded! They had so many cast members directing people traffic just to get through the park.

One great thing was that if you were in the right spot at the right time, they gave out 2013 party hats and horns. The horns got super annoying about 2 minutes in, but I still have my plastic hat!

Re: New Years Eve

MK is CRAZED on NY eve, excellent to do once so i say go if you have never been there. Go EARLY or you wont get in, be prepared for LOUD and elbow to elbow with rude people.... but its fun, lol!

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

I'll be also going to a park for New Year's! Any suggestions? MK or Epcot? I'm going with a group of 9 people including a 4 year old boy. Would either park be to much for him? We were also thinking doing Animal Kingdom because although it doesn't really celebrate new year's, it might be a calmer experience. I kind of wanna have a wild experience though :/

Thanks for your help everyone! I have also read that some people will go to Epcot and take the fairy over to the boardwalk and watch the fireworks for both MK and Epcot from there so I will just have to see what my family what to do!

Re: New Years Eve

If you want wild.... MK is your place. The smaller parks will obviously reach capacity 80 million times that day so be patient. I think if your going for atmosphere and being in the park with less crowd than Epcot, but it will be mobbed as well.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Wherever you go, it'll be packed! For me, Magic Kingdom is the ideal place, just for the sole purpose of seeing Fantasy in the Sky! I've been to EPCOT's New Year's too, and it's awesome as well. Don't be surprised if you get shoved around by foreigners who cut you off and push their strollers right into your shins either! I guess it's part of the fun hahaha.
    "We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode you are the star, and this elevator travels directly to ... The Twilight Zone."

35 Times and Counting to WDW