What color Magic Band did you get? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What color Magic Band did you get?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue

13 40.63%
  • Green

4 12.50%
  • Orange

1 3.13%
  • Red

3 9.38%
  • Pink

7 21.88%
  • Yellow

1 3.13%
  • Gray

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Orange for me. Red for the wife. Daughter got green and son got blue.

I got gray. I really like the color.
    I don't like that I feel like I got a microchip in me though. They're cool though.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Re: What color Magic Band did you get?

Red of course to go with my hair.

Hubby and son got grey. Both my girls have pink and I currently have pink selected but I'm on the fence about changing it to blue. I wish they offered purple.

I wish they had purple too! At least they sell wraps for them i got green on this last order, since i havent seen a lot of green. So now i have Yellow, Pink, and Green

There are 7 of us going.
    Hubby red
    Me blue for Cinderella
    2 girls pink
    3 boys, grey, blue, green
    Can't wait to use them! Didn't have an easy time with our bands last year so hopefully it will go much smoother this year!

I'm hoping someone on this thread will be able and willing to answer this question. How do we handle our MagicBands while going through the airport security scanners? Do we place them in the bin with phone and laptop? Do we wear them (doubtful)? Do we leave them in our carry-on bags?

By the way: me - blue; wife - red. Decorating, or blinging out as my wife puts it - not sure. The cloth skin seems possible, to cut down on sweat from band. This is all a first for us. 21 days!

Quote Originally Posted by db57me View Post
    I'm hoping someone on this thread will be able and willing to answer this question. How do we handle our MagicBands while going through the airport security scanners? Do we place them in the bin with phone and laptop? Do we wear them (doubtful)? Do we leave them in our carry-on bags?

By the way: me - blue; wife - red. Decorating, or blinging out as my wife puts it - not sure. The cloth skin seems possible, to cut down on sweat from band. This is all a first for us. 21 days!
    You can leave them in your carryon bags or place them in the bin with your shoes. Nothing can be in the bin with your laptop (technically), though, I've never seen them enforce that strictly outside of a few times.

You cannot wear them through the security scanners. However, you will want them handy (as in, not in your checked luggage) because they'll work both at the Disney Store at MCO and they'll want to use them for MDE boarding.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    You can leave them in your carryon bags or place them in the bin with your shoes. Nothing can be in the bin with your laptop (technically), though, I've never seen them enforce that strictly outside of a few times. You cannot wear them through the security scanners. However, you will want them handy (as in, not in your checked luggage) because they'll work both at the Disney Store at MCO and they'll want to use them for MDE boarding.
    Thank you. I wasn't sure how they were treated by security: like electronics, which cannot go through in you carry on; or, like a earbuds that can be stashed in you carry on.

MagicBands are becoming more powerful - read here: http://www.disneydining.com/big-chan...-disney-world/

I was looking at the colors to order our bands soon - I wish they had purple too!

One question about the names to put on them. Where are the names located on the band, inside or outside? Also I thought it would be fun for our names to be our favorite Disney character, i.e. my DD9 would be Tink instead of her real name. Is there any reason not to do this?
    The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you get one more yard
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part
    ~Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by princess_aurora View Post
    I was looking at the colors to order our bands soon - I wish they had purple too! One question about the names to put on them. Where are the names located on the band, inside or outside? Also I thought it would be fun for our names to be our favorite Disney character, i.e. my DD9 would be Tink instead of her real name. Is there any reason not to do this?
    They are located on the inside of the band. It is very small, fine print. Along with the band number.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_aurora View Post
    I was looking at the colors to order our bands soon - I wish they had purple too! One question about the names to put on them. Where are the names located on the band, inside or outside? Also I thought it would be fun for our names to be our favorite Disney character, i.e. my DD9 would be Tink instead of her real name. Is there any reason not to do this?
    The name is for additional identification, I believe, in case it is lost, as well as remembering who has which color - maybe?

Two upcoming trips...yellow band for one, pink for the other. I like how you get a new band for every trip. My favorite is the pink, but why get the same color each time?
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Two trip first one pink next red partner is orange and blue
    Last year blue and green and gray

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast