Wanna work for WDW Resort in Florida?

Wanna work for WDW Resort in Florida?

Hey all,

I was just sitting here, bored...looking for Disney stuff and came across their 'help wanteds'...I'm posting the ones for WDW Resort in FL., but you can access any part of the WDW company job postings by going to the main page. Anyhow...poke around...there might be a job for you!

http://jobsearch.disneycareers.newjo...x&sort=dt&vw=b

~Jeff~

"Achilles; heel!"

Darn no IT engineer jobs.... uggggg Thanks Jeff!
    Just Beth now! ****I Love WDW****
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    "A man has to believe in something... I believe i will have another drink"

Too bad most of them are internships.
    If you give the world something positive to believe in, they will embrace it!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

What does internship mean? is that like a minimum wage job or no money?... pretty sneaky to have tons of internship jobs....
    Just Beth now! ****I Love WDW****
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    "A man has to believe in something... I believe i will have another drink"

Thanks for the link. It will be good to refer to as we plan our big move to Orlando.
    Let us never lose sight... it all started with a mouse-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by bberenato
    What does internship mean? is that like a minimum wage job or no money?... pretty sneaky to have tons of internship jobs....
    Most likely it depends on the job I believe they start slightly above minium wage though.

I heard that working for Disney isn't exactly the most wonderful experience unless you're a college kid getting credit for it. I know that the pay is horrible, but that's just from what I've heard. I know 4 people that have worked for Disney--two of them loved it and two hated it. I think it depends also on what job you have.

WDW:'84 '87 '89 '92 '99 '04 '07 '09/ DLR:'05 '07
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." ~Walt Disney
    Always Remember, Never Forget! 9/11/01

You don't work for disney for the money. As walt said "disneyland is not about money" I know there are alot of people who love it. I know alot of people who hate it and yes I'm sure it does depend on your job.

Quote Originally Posted by bberenato
    Most of those you have to have particpated in the College Program for.

Quote Originally Posted by dmand13
    I heard that working for Disney isn't exactly the most wonderful experience unless you're a college kid getting credit for it. I know that the pay is horrible, but that's just from what I've heard. I know 4 people that have worked for Disney--two of them loved it and two hated it. I think it depends also on what job you have.
    Personally I love it. I've been there 4.5 years and my boyfriend has been there 10.5 years. I'm not there for the money, I'm there because I love making the Magical Vacations people come all over the world for.
    *Jillian*
    Yes, I am a Cast Member!
    Click here to become a Premium Member!

It's people like you Jillian , and Greg , that makes it so nice to visit WDW !

I did not forget Ed and so many of our other members that work for Disney . The CM's help bring the magic to all of us ! Thank you !
    Rick
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our childen"
    Walt Disney
    Talk Disney Administrator

I think you can tell the difference between the cast members when you visit Disney. The ones who love Disney make the trip a truely magical experience and those who don't tend to put damper on it. I'm grateful for the ones who love Disney and make each and every time I go special. I know if I ever become a cast member it will be to spread the Magic not to become rich. Well, actually I would become rich just not in a monetary way. So much for my 2 cents, thanks to those of you here who not only spread the magic online, but also at the parks!!!
    Let us never lose sight... it all started with a mouse-Walt Disney

I wasn't implying that one should work for Disney and concentrate on the money aspect of it. Personally, if Disney needed nurses I would apply in a second. I love Disney and think that working for Disney can be very rewarding, but from what I have heard from my friends who have worked there it was difficult to pay the bills. I don't need a ton of money, just enough to pay off my loans and stuff. Again, it depends on what job you have and where you are in life. Like I said, if Disney were hiring a park nurse I'd be all over it!

WDW:'84 '87 '89 '92 '99 '04 '07 '09/ DLR:'05 '07
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse." ~Walt Disney
    Always Remember, Never Forget! 9/11/01

I am interested in working in security for WDW possibly in a special division like anti- terrorism or force protection. But I have heard Disney won't even look at me since I am not working for them in Security already. Is it true?

I have an uncle who just celebrated his 8th year with WDW in Orlando. He loves it! So do his kids. I agree that your love for the job makes all the difference in the world. If you are doing an internship then you most likely won't get paid. If you are in the college program then your living expenses are withheld from your pay checks...utilities included, and you live with roommates, usually 2 per bedroom. My uncle makes decent money, but he's in safety. If you have loans to pay off, then I'd take care of those first.... But you have to be enrolled in one class minimum to be eligible for the cp. My daughter and niece both want to participate. Good luck!

Re: Wanna work for WDW Resort in Florida?

We are hoping to move to the Orlando area within the next 10 yrs maybe sooner and my first plan will be to head to the casting building. I will have my pension so becoming a cast member will be mostly because I want to be a part of the magic. The little check I get will be extra spending cash, I mean hey I will want to go out to a nice dinner at Epcot or something once in a while. :-) and not for anything, but going to the park anytime.....it's almost payment enough...I said ALMOST. :-)

On our last trip there I met 2 people who had recently moved to the Orlando area from NJ and were CMs. Being from NJ I always have to ask people from my area what they think of living there and how they are enjoying being a CM. Both people I spoke to in Nov said they love it. They both said they pay is not good....well hello it's not Jersey so it's not going to be. I already know not to go for the money.

Imagine this for one second. Everyday you get so see children and adults alike see WDW for the first time. Imagine going to a job where you witness people meeting Mickey for the first time, seeing the castle for the first time, riding their first rollercoaster, walking under Spaceship Earth and looking up the whole time, standing in awe of the Tree of Life, etc. The smiles, the excitement, and being the person that gets to add to that is just priceless!

I think I have gone on some sort of ramble here.....Here's to being WDW CM bound!