Possible honeymoon september 2014

Possible honeymoon september 2014

Hello everyone at talk disney!

I am hoping to go on my honeymoon this coming September at wdw! We are praying for free dining so we may afford to upgrade our hotel a little bit. Does anyone know when those announcements are typically made?

As far as a hotel goes, I deluxe resorts are pretty much out. They are SO expensive! I wish because boardwalk or beach/yacht club would be booked if we could afford it. Any other suggestions? I've stated at Caribbean beach last May and did not care for it. I did not like the upgrade in price but didn't seem to get much else out of it besides a prettier setting compared to the values. I also didn't care for the bus system and driving around to 8 different stops at the end of a long day. Does port Orleans riverside or French quarter have several bus stops like that? I just didn't really understand the price increase when your rooms are still on the outside. When booking our trip for this past November the cast member on the phone said the only difference between moderates and values were the rooms were a tad bigger, moderates have a water slide and they have an onsite restaurant.
    We stayed at pop century that trip.

Any other tips and tricks I can use for our honeymoon including places to eat would be helpful!! It doesn't look like someone has posted in the wedding and honeymoon section in a while so I thought I'd get some updated answers and suggestions from everyone!!

Thanks!!!

Re: Possible honeymoon september 2014

Hey, you could try and rent DVC points and stay in the deluxe rooms... usually not too bad and cheaper.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

The buying dvc points is the cheapest route for what you get. I would look into that. But only use sites that protect you and use a credit card that also offers protection.
    The other option you have is wait for a Florida resident resort discount and if not a Florida resident then check for room only discounts. September is low crowd level and also lower rack rate and it's a value season.
    Check mousesavers.com. I don't know if their are any discounts for September yet but that's the best option. An example discount is 30% off deluxe resort or 25% off moderate. Coronado is a great moderate resort and great for honeymooners. Good luck.

Normally free dining gets released about the end of spring time were looking at September as well we are holding fire until the free dining gets announced

Quote Originally Posted by ukdisney View Post
    Normally free dining gets released about the end of spring time were looking at September as well we are holding fire until the free dining gets announced
    Ok. So you aren't booking stay till you know that dining is included?

That the plan at the moment

The Chase Disney Visa card usually notifies card holders a few days before discounts are available to the general public. That gives you a chance to book the room you want. It is also a great way to even points for spending cash at Disney.