Magic+ top tips - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic+ top tips

The biggest tip is, book the passes in advance and once at the park use your phone if possible to make changes.

These tips are great. For a Magic+ novice like me, it's really useful to get an idea of how best to use the system!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Magic+ top tips

I also like the idea of taking a "screenshot" of the fast passes for each day so u don't have to log back into the app wen u want to check a fastpass time. I have found the cell service in the parks is pretty inconsistent. Easier to just open a photo.
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,
    NOV'10 P O Riverside, JAN'12 POP Century,
    JAN'13 P O French Quarter, OCT'13 Art of Animation
    APR'14 Caribbean Beach, SEPT'14 Coronado Springs
    DEC'14 FW Cabins, OCT'15 Caribbean Beach

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbellsmom View Post
    I also like the idea of taking a "screenshot" of the fast passes for each day so u don't have to log back into the app wen u want to check a fastpass time. I have found the cell service in the parks is pretty inconsistent. Easier to just open a photo.
    My last trip I took a index card wrote down all our fast passes/times for that day plus any reservations as well as confirmation numbers & just had it in the backpack.
    Tori

What service do you have? I had Sprint and T-Mobile last time I went and both were fine, plus WiFi has improved dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    What service do you have? I had Sprint and T-Mobile last time I went and both were fine, plus WiFi has improved dramatically.
    Interesting point for an overseas visitor.

If the wifi isn't great, it could cost us a fortune for internet access!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

We have verizon and I had no problem anywhere at Disney with service. I also had no problem with my battery life either. I charged it every night when I went to bed and that was it. Now granted i only used my phone for checking my Disney experience. Since we were on vacation we only took my phone into the parks all other technology stayed in our room in the safe. Actually my husband and son realized their battery was getting drained sitting in the safe all day so they started turning their phones off while we were gone.

We had a few problems accessing the app on our iPhones when were inside the parks, but you can still add and change FPs by going to a CM with an iPad. That was easy enough.

Battery-wise, the newest iPhone operating system loses charge a lot faster. There are new charging stations, in Magic Kingdom in the Tangled area. I like that they've made a nice area where you can relax and people-watch while charging.

We bring a power strip with us to use in the room. That way, everything can charge in one place so nothing gets accidentally left behind. We charge phones, iPads, and camera batteries every night.

We took screenshots of our FP+ reservations and ADRs so we could check the info without having to access the app. That really helped us remember what we had booked.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    We had a few problems accessing the app on our iPhones when were inside the parks, but you can still add and change FPs by going to a CM with an iPad. That was easy enough.

Battery-wise, the newest iPhone operating system loses charge a lot faster. There are new charging stations, in Magic Kingdom in the Tangled area. I like that they've made a nice area where you can relax and people-watch while charging.

We bring a power strip with us to use in the room. That way, everything can charge in one place so nothing gets accidentally left behind. We charge phones, iPads, and camera batteries every night.

We took screenshots of our FP+ reservations and ADRs so we could check the info without having to access the app. That really helped us remember what we had booked.
    What issues did you have on your iPhone, was it errors accessing the Disney app itself?
    As far as battery my wife got an Xperia z to replace her s3 which replaced her iPhone. The Xperia z was awesome. It lasted all day with a special mode called "stamina mode". My phone is a Note 2 and it also lasted all day but I also had an extra battery with me. I love the iPhone but the new one isn't that good on battery life and the iPhone 4 which had amazing battery life is too old. But then again they sell battery cases for the iPhone 5s that make it last all day.

I have sprint and we stayed at art of animation in October. The wifi in the hotel suite was terrible!!!! The parks was slightly better. Hopefully it has improved since then.
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,

I have sprint and we stayed at art of animation in October. The wifi in the hotel suite was terrible!!!! The parks was slightly better. Hopefully it has improved since then.
    We were at AoA in October also and had no problem with the wifi. We had three iPads with us and all did fine. Only used them at night while relaxing before bed.

I'm so surprised to hear that so many of you had great wifi! When we went in January, we had absolutely no signal whatsoever at the resort. I mean we couldn't even make a call or text in the room, let alone use the app or internet. It was terrible. And the wifi at the parks was just OK. I have AT&T and my boyfriend has Sprint. I was really disappointed.
    But we also took screenshots of our Fastpasses. We never had a problem with the magicbands, but we did just to be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by meghm View Post
    I'm so surprised to hear that so many of you had great wifi! When we went in January, we had absolutely no signal whatsoever at the resort. I mean we couldn't even make a call or text in the room, let alone use the app or internet. It was terrible. And the wifi at the parks was just OK. I have AT&T and my boyfriend has Sprint. I was really disappointed.
    But we also took screenshots of our Fastpasses. We never had a problem with the magicbands, but we did just to be safe!
    When you compare the signal between Sprint and AT&T which one was better. I now have T-Mobile but had Sprint and at the resorts the signal is about the same. Only difference is that with T-Mobile I have WiFi calling which makes it better once you go inside the rooms and signal isn't good.
    I went in February and signal with WiFi at resort and at the parks was not bad at all. I was about to use my regular phone signal and WiFi in some cases to change fastpass times on my phone. Maybe they have improved it.
    Last edited by yankeesusa; 03-10-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meghm View Post
    We had the same exact problems!! I have sprint and my mom has AT&T. She tried calling my father a few times and the calls would never go through. We tried texting him the resort phone number/room number and our texts kept getting kicked back. She was just using her regular cell service. I tried wifi on my phone and it was the same problem.
    We wetr in the lion king section of AoA...maybe other sections are better. We are staying at Caribbean beach and hoping for better wifi/cell service this trip next month as we will be a group of 13 people and don't always have the same plans/meals so being able to call/text will certainly make life easier for meeting up.

We had the same exact problems!! I have sprint and my mom has AT&T. She tried calling my father a few times and the calls would never go through. We tried texting him the resort phone number/room number and our texts kept getting kicked back. She was just using her regular cell service. I tried wifi on my phone and it was the same problem.
    We wetr in the lion king section of AoA...maybe other sections are better. We are staying at Caribbean beach and hoping for better wifi/cell service this trip next month as we will be a group of 13 people and don't always have the same plans/meals so being able to call/text will certainly make life easier for meeting up.
    I've heard about WiFi problem at aoa. But I thought that Sprint and AT&T had good service there. Maybe it's just too far away from any call towers and the property is too big for consistent WiFi coverage. I don't think you'll have issues at Caribbean with WiFi. Signal coverage you might.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast