Wedding pictures

Wedding pictures

Hey everyone we are getting married on the dream in November and of course we want to have a photographer but from what the wedding planner has told me the photographers they have on the ship are not "professional" I wanted to know if anyone had any prior experience with them. It's pretty weird to me that Disney does not have actual professional photographers available for the cruise weddings after all it is extra change for the services.

I don't know first hand. Did you call Disney Cruise Line? I remember that you use to be able to book and pay for a special package in Walt Disney World for a photographer to go everywhere you went. I can't imagine them not having professionals on the ship. They might not have professional wedding photographer. I also remember seeing families taking pictures in a special section of the atrium that wasn't for regular pictures. I'd call the cruise line
    2014 - Planning!
    2013 BCV - 2011 SSR/DisneyDream
    2010 FWC
    2009 OKW - 2006 Pop - 2005 OKW
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR
    2002 Carribbean Beach - 2000 Coronado
    1998 CBR - 1996 CBR - 1994 DL - 1991 PO

I just read this on the cruise website:
    " Did You Know? Wedding photography is available aboard the ship and on Castaway Cay. Visit Shutters to arrange a session and to learn about our wonderful wedding photo packages."

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...s/photography/

That is the link to the page. Good luck.
    2014 - Planning!
    2010 FWC
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR

I have spoken to the wedding Coordinator and she was telling me that they are not considered to be "professional" and the shoots are pretty point a shoot shots but the prices are pretty high for a mediocre photographer especially when I see the photographers they offer at the Disney parks when you get married those shots look gorgeous. I have been trying to find a site where I can see some shoots done by the cruise line photographers can't seem to find one

Quote Originally Posted by brooksmom View Post
    I have spoken to the wedding Coordinator and she was telling me that they are not considered to be "professional" and the shoots are pretty point a shoot shots but the prices are pretty high for a mediocre photographer especially when I see the photographers they offer at the Disney parks when you get married those shots look gorgeous. I have been trying to find a site where I can see some shoots done by the cruise line photographers can't seem to find one
    Can the coordinator get you contact info for the photographers they have on the ship? The ones that specifically do disney cruise line weddings?

And is the wedding Coordinator a personal one or one from Disney Cruiselines?
    2014 - Planning!
    2010 FWC
    2004 CSR- 2003 POR

Don't let the fact that there are not "professional" wedding photographers on board stop you. I'm sure they know what they're doing. It's disney after all!

The wedding planner is through Disney cruises she said they don't offer the same photographers as the parks do they are familiar with taking photos on the ship but they are not trained she said she usually recommends bringing an outside source I wish that wasn't so because it will cost a fortune to bring a photographer with us