WDW & Star Wars: What's Next?

WDW & Star Wars: What's Next?

Let's begin a conversation about our thoughts, rumors, and tidbits of news on WDW next Star Wars attraction? Could there be a Star Wars "land" in the future? If so, where to build it? Off HS? Or, maybe an extension of Adventureland at the MK, like the New Fantasy expanded that area of the park. Could Disney transform Tomorrowland into Star Wars Land? Could Star Wars be big enough to create a 5th park? If so, how would that park be divided? Thoughts, ideas, wishes?

I would think that the competition from Universal's HP attractions would force their hand into increasing new attractions. Avatarland is now under construction, with the next movie to be released in 2015. With the release of SW Episode VII expected in December of the same year, it makes sense for Disney to plan some attraction to cash in on the hype. They were caught unprepared for the excitement from Frozen, scrambling to meet the demand for more in the parks.

There are some interesting ideas on this subject presented on these YouTube videos.

http://youtu.be/BstZp-QrF_A

http://youtu.be/oYJWDmkildU

Please post your ideas, wishes, and links to information about this topic. Maybe we can keep this discussion going until a new SW attraction appears at WDW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1181450758.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	8281  

This is just my opinion but I feel like if they plan on making any Star Wars related " lands " or attractions, they won't be coming soon due to the fact of the New Fantasyland and Avatar Land.

Quote Originally Posted by b_hockey07 View Post
    This is just my opinion but I feel like if they plan on making any Star Wars related " lands " or attractions, they won't be coming soon due to the fact of the New Fantasyland and Avatar Land.
    Disney has the money, I'm just not sure why they don't accelerate their plans. Universal Comcast, is certainly spending on improvements.

They probably arent rushing because its not in the budget to do so at the moment. Yeah they have the money but that goes into planning and what not. Ideas could be scrapped and projects that had money put into them could no longer exist.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Theme Parks Visited
    Walt Disney World (1995, 2003, 2005)
    Kings Dominion (2006)
    Hersheypark (1998)
    Six Flags America (when it was known as Adventure World, date unknown)

Changes at WDI focus on Star Wars franchise. Could this mean additional SW attractions finally coming to the Disney parks? http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-d...dio-at-wdi.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2168013312.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	8339  

I would love to see a Star Wars "land". My hope is that they would add it to HS. I feel HS has become a little stale. I love the key rides and shows but it needs something new and fresh so why not cash in on the Star Wars junkies. I would love another thrill ride or two in the area. I feel like HS is a good place for the more exciting rides. I haven't been to Harry Potter At universal yet but everyone raves about it. I hope it makes it into the budget before Avatar land is finished that just seems too far away.

More comfirmation (or is it purely speculation) on closures and SWland preparation. It's odd they would close two attractions in the Echo Lake area, close to Star Tours, without there being a plan and/or a connection to an increase presences of Star Wars in HS.
    http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/06/di...s-attractions/

Re: WDW & Star Wars: What's Next?

I don't think it'd be a full fledged park, due to it placing them in a smaller demographic of Star Wars fans. I think adding on to one of the parks would be for the best (and be easier) since it'd cost less to make, wouldn't run the risk of people not coming to it, and it'd keep things more central.