Arriving
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arriving

Arriving

When you get to your hotel, what is the first thing you do once you check in?!

If our room is ready we go there and unpack. If not we explore the resort than hang out at the pool. I always pack swim suits in a bag that doesn't go with the rest of the luggage for storage if our rooms not ready.

We walk through the gift shop, drive around to the room and unload the car, eat lunch at the food court, and finally head to HS to rude The Great American Movie Ride!

Re: Arriving

If our cabin is ready when we get there we'll unload the car, go to the grocery store,buy what we need, then come back put up the provisions and then either go to the pool or go and play around of mini golf. If it is not ready then we just go to either the pool or go and play mini golf and wait until we get the text that it is ready, then go to the grocery store.

We head to the parks! This year we are going to Magic Kingdom. Last time we were there Space Mountain was closed so

I usually head to a park. I like to take the earliest flight (despite the fact I am not a morning person) so I can get to WDW as soon as possible! Last time we headed straight to EPCOT World Showcase. Once I flew in late at night. I didn't care for that at all. We didn't get to our hotel room until 11:30 PM and then our bags came at like 1:00AM! I will not do that again.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

We take our stuff to the room and unpack. Then we change and head to one of the parks. Epcot is often the first one we visit.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

We unpack and then swim then head to a park depends on the day we come in on which park we go to usually Magic kingdom

We like to fly in at night and head straight to bed. Seems to work better with the kids to have them wake up on a normal schedule ready to go.

2 years ago we went to Hollywood studios, this year were starting things off with a character dining at chef mickeys 2 hours after our plane gets in
    WDW: 2001, 2012

We always arrive at WDW at around 5.30pm.

We check in and then buy our refillable mugs (always!) before heading to the room to unpack and rest up for a bit (10 hour flight) getting our first taste of US TV.

After a shower and change, we head to the POR marina to catch the boat to DTD.

We never shop - we just stroll but we always get a hot dog and, more recently, a beer or margarita and sit by the marina at DTD and people watch.

By then, jet-lag is usually catching us up so we get the boat back to POR. We'll grab our mugs and get a drink from the food court then head back to bed, feeling pretty exhausted, at around 9.30pm (if we're lucky enough to last that long - our body clocks still say it's 2.30am).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Good grief, we have a doppelgänger. Winkster and mate share the exact same likes of wifey and me. We absolutely love POR, and we take in DTD the same people watching way the first night.
    McWee - Houston, Texas
    WDW-POR Jan 2014 | Disney Dream Jan 2014 | WDW-POR Jan 2016

I try and fly in early anymore and make it out to a park same day.

But, when I get to the hotel, I have the same pattern.

I unpack (1 drawer for gifts, 1 drawer for my clothes, 1 drawer for the kids clothes), I clear off all the tabletops of clutter (it goes back to the closet area, on the shelf), I set up the toiletries area, I set up my charging station either in the nightstand, or with the new renovated TV stands, on the TV stand, I hang up our hanging clothes and our dirty clothes bags, and I set up my computer workstation on the table.

The whole process takes about 15 mins.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Since we have a 12-14 hour flight depending on which airline, even though we arrive early (between 9-11) we will go to our room if open or head straight to the pool. We do not do a park that first day because we are usually so jet lagged that it seems to be a wast of a ticket. Our must do overtime we do go is Chef Mickey's for dinner on our first night, get's the kiddos all excited for the next day's adventure (which is always the Magic Kingdom)!
    1983- First trip, MK & EPCOT
    1986- Second Trip, My grandmother got tickled silly by Pluto because she would not smile while he was giving her hugs. It lasted for 15 minutes! Best part of the trip
    2010- Third trip, my girls first trip. Was so magical
    2012- second trip for kiddos, Christmas time Spectacular. First DCL, over New Years Eve.So unbelievable!
    2015- Going again in October for the MiNSSH. Staying at POR.
    2016- June. Staying at POR

For the first time, we went to a park on the first day of our most recent trip.

Epcot closed at 9pm, we arrived at the park at 7pm and just enjoyed a stroll around the World Showcase.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast