Disney with a 2 year old

Disney with a 2 year old

Hey everyone! I'm new to TalkDisney! Looking forward to getting advice and tips. I've been 3 times myself already but this is my first time with child.

Has anyone experienced Disney World with a 2 year old? My husband and I want to take our little girl in September of this year.

Yes - we took our daughter at 2 and 3. It was a blast. If you search there are some treads related to taking young kids. Our daughter did great we watched tons of Mickey Mouse club house before going and at the end when he says see you later or whatever we would always say see you in Disney World by the time we went out daughter couldn't wait to meet her friends. It was a blast.

We took our daughter when she was 2. We tried to keep her on her schedule with mid day park breaks and not staying out too late at night. It's hard because you want to do everything but we kept reminding ourselves we would be back. Were going again next week. She is now 5 and our son is 2. We have been watching the planning dvd. Whenever he sees a disney commercial he says "I'm going there!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kris315 View Post
    Yes - we took our daughter at 2 and 3. It was a blast. If you search there are some treads related to taking young kids. Our daughter did great we watched tons of Mickey Mouse club house before going and at the end when he says see you later or whatever we would always say see you in Disney World by the time we went out daughter couldn't wait to meet her friends. It was a blast.
    That's great! Our daughter loves Mickey Mouse (especially Minnie) and she knows all the characters on Mickeys Clubhouse so while she's so into it, we are dying to take her! She's kind of in the scared of character phase right now but I think since she knows the characters, it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by amor View Post
    We took our daughter when she was 2. We tried to keep her on her schedule with mid day park breaks and not staying out too late at night. It's hard because you want to do everything but we kept reminding ourselves we would be back. Were going again next week. She is now 5 and our son is 2. We have been watching the planning dvd. Whenever he sees a disney commercial he says "I'm going there!"
    Haha! How cute! Yea. Our daughter has to have a mid day nap so I have a pretty strict itinerary planned lol as long as she gets at least one nap a day, I think she'll be fine. However, she may shock us and not want one lol

Re: Disney with a 2 year old

My youngest was 22months the first time she went and she did great! She loved all the characters and went right up to them. WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!

I just took my 3 year old and I was so pleasantly surprised with her behavior. Of coarse we catered to her this trip (because you kinda have to) but she really did well (my kid is the kid you hate at restaurants).
    So like most people say, plenty of snacks, plenty of breaks and just feel them out.
    She hadn't been to wdw in over a year and a half so it was all new to her again. It was awesome seeing her light up.
    I also wrote a mission on wdw with babies if you want to check it out. It has lots of helpful tips.
    http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/mis...ney-world.html
    Last edited by Freshee61; 04-24-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium