Disneyland California Raises Prices and Suspends South California Annual Pass

Disneyland California Raises Prices and Suspends South California Annual Pass

And Disney is at it again. This time raises prices without any advance notice. Prices at Disneyland California for a 1 day ticket are now $96, an increase of $4. On top of that they have ended the sale of the southern California Annual pass due to crowd levels. Looks like their doing pretty good business.
    Does anyone think they will get rid of all annual passholder passes and include Disneyworld Orlando in that mix too?
    I myself would not continue to go to Disney without Florida resident annual pass. Let's hope this trend doesn't continue.

Re: Disneyland California Raises Prices and Suspends South California Annual Pass

I too, am upset. Although, you have to see where they're coming from/what they're trying to do. The crowds at Disneyland have been INSANE lately, it seems no matter when you go, it's busy. Disneyland has become too small for the population of people that want to go, because of it's rising popularity, hopefully this will fix the issue somewhat, I'm just glad I got a Deluxe Annual Pass before they ran out!
    Maddy
    "Now don't be modest. Who else is clever enough to make my Sandy Claws outfit?" -Jack Skellington, The Nightmare Before ChristmasDELUXE ANNUAL PASSHOLDER
    DLR: 7 WDW: 0
    April '04, April '07, December '09, March '12, February '13, April '14, May '14
    GOING: (hopefully) Summer '14 (x2?), February 14,16 '15

Quote Originally Posted by disneychick99 View Post
    I too, am upset. Although, you have to see where they're coming from/what they're trying to do. The crowds at Disneyland have been INSANE lately, it seems no matter when you go, it's busy. Disneyland has become too small for the population of people that want to go, because of it's rising popularity, hopefully this will fix the issue somewhat, I'm just glad I got a Deluxe Annual Pass before they ran out!
    After reading a little more it's been pointed out that their trying to slim down crowds because people in California are going on Sundays and crowding the parks. They said their trying to keep crowds at current level. I think this is just a temporary solution and hopefully it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    On top of that they have ended the sale of the southern California Annual pass due to crowd levels. Looks like their doing pretty good business. Does anyone think they will get rid of all annual passholder passes and include Disneyworld Orlando in that mix too? I myself would not continue to go to Disney without Florida resident annual pass. Let's hope this trend doesn't continue.
    Wow, That's food for thought! Thats certainly going to lower crowds in DL which is what they want. They're really 'nipping it in the bud'.
    And I agree I wouldn't want that to happen here in wdw. I think they can lower wdw crowds by removing the payment plan of monthly installments.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post

Wow, That's food for thought! Thats certainly going to lower crowds in DL which is what they want. They're really 'nipping it in the bud'.
    And I agree I wouldn't want that to happen here in wdw. I think they can lower wdw crowds by removing the payment plan of monthly installments.
    The article mentioned that exact thing, the monthly payment system. They said that if they removed the monthly payment system the annual passholder level would almost be cut in half or more. But they said Disney won't be doing that anytime soon in wdw. But they should get rid of monthly payments for at least certain times in the year or for a set amount of time to help with crowd levels, of course they won't do this because this means lost revenue at the parks. Having a low monthly payment allows this guests to use more money at the parks and in resorts. Hopefully the fastpass+ system will help keep crowd levels controlled which is part of it's purpose. I guess we'll see.