My Confirmations

My Confirmations

I have confirmations from a cousin who is a cast member that there will be a Star Wars Land at the Studios coming in the next year or so. Another that is already public but just to refresh some memories is that there will be work starting on the Avatar land in Animal Kingdom. Disney is partnering with David Cameron in order to make this land the most realistic that it can be. The final thing is Disney Springs. In 2016, this will be the new Downtown Disney. This is another confirmed by Disney and the early sketches have been released for the designs. It shall be a 4 part area that is mostly based on the popular plaza atmospheres of Europe. This enormous change will help those who find it difficult to walk down the whole strip. My speculation is that they will rebuild most of Downtown Disney and expand over the water and the parking lots in order to fit this massive rebuilding project.

Until Disney themselves confirms Star Wars Land, im gonna take that with a grain of salt. No offense or anything!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney
    Theme Parks Visited
    Walt Disney World (1995, 2003, 2005)
    Kings Dominion (2006)
    Hersheypark (1998)
    Six Flags America (when it was known as Adventure World, date unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by illinifan View Post
    I have confirmations from a cousin who is a cast member that there will be a Star Wars Land at the Studios coming in the next year or so. Another that is already public but just to refresh some memories is that there will be work starting on the Avatar land in Animal Kingdom. Disney is partnering with David Cameron in order to make this land the most realistic that it can be. The final thing is Disney Springs. In 2016, this will be the new Downtown Disney. This is another confirmed by Disney and the early sketches have been released for the designs. It shall be a 4 part area that is mostly based on the popular plaza atmospheres of Europe. This enormous change will help those who find it difficult to walk down the whole strip. My speculation is that they will rebuild most of Downtown Disney and expand over the water and the parking lots in order to fit this massive rebuilding project.
    Firstly, I'm not really convinced that the British Prime Minister is going to be much help as a partner for Avatarland. Maybe James Cameron might be more helpful to Disney! :-) (Sorry, couldn't resist - lol).

Next, Disney Springs construction is well under way, having started 15 months ago in April 2013. You can easily find all the plans if you Google it. We also have a thread on it on TD.

Lastly, if I had a penny for everyone who knew someone that....., I'd be a rich man.

There are always rumors abound when it comes to WDW. I'd love to see a Star Wars land and I believe it will happen - but with the greatest of respect, I'll be waiting for the official announcement before I start getting too excited.

Thanks for posting though!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I am terribly sorry I do not live in Florida so I may be misinformed on what construction is going on right now. Another thing I heard was about how Disney is seriously considering taking out Backlot Tour and replacing it with Cars Land. I have heard the argument go both ways wether on if that's happening. I believe that it will and that this is not a rumor anymore

Re: My Confirmations

No apology needed at all! We enjoy all types of discussion!

Let's hope Cars Land does become realty. WDW needs more big new attractions.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR