Holidays at Universal

Holidays at Universal

Has anyone ever done Christmas week/ day at Universal? I am just starting to plan a large family vacation to WDW for Christmas week 2015 and have had a request to go to Universal. I read somewhere that if you are in Orlando during Christmas week you should spend Christmas Day at Universal since WDW would be packed. Does anyone have experience with this?

Is there anyone out there that can compare Christmas week at Universal to WDW? Any info would be helpful.

Re: Holidays at Universal

I would like to know the answer to this as well. We are also planning a Christmas 2015 trip. Probably not arriving until a day or 2 after Christmas though. I know I don't want to go into WDW parks until Jan 2 and the family would love to do Universal and Sea World, but if it's wall to wall people, I am not so sure and I am up for that.

We are doing a 7 day trip this year Dec 20-26, 2014 for a family of 13 (2 cabins at Fort Wilderness). We are doing 3 days Disney parks, 3 days Universal/IoA and one day relax/pool (with Spirit of Aloha Dinner). We purposely chose Christmas Day as our relax/pool day in an attempt to avoid insane crowds. I will report back here on the post when we return to let you know how it goes if you would like :-)
    SEPT'89 Contemporary, MAR'01 A.S. Sports, AUG'07 A.S. Sports, OCT'08 A.S. Sports, SEPT'09 POP Century,
    NOV'10 P O Riverside, JAN'12 POP Century,
    JAN'13 P O French Quarter, OCT'13 Art of Animation
    APR'14 Caribbean Beach, SEPT'14 Coronado Springs
    DEC'14 FW Cabins, OCT'15 Caribbean Beach