Is it worth it?

Thread: Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Hey there! Me and my girlfriend of three years are planning to go to disneyland for our anniversary and I was just wondering, is it worth the extra money to stay in a disneyland resort? Or are the hotels right across the way just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyc386 View Post
    Hey there! Me and my girlfriend of three years are planning to go to disneyland for our anniversary and I was just wondering, is it worth the extra money to stay in a disneyland resort? Or are the hotels right across the way just fine?
    I have never been to Disney land but have seen you tubers gone and the grand California ( hope that's correct) looks amazing. If I was taking a trip to Disney land and didn't know if I would ever get a chance to go back I would splurge and stay on property. You could surprise your girlfriend & not even tell her you guys are staying on property until arriving, that would be very romantic & sweet. Others will say oh it's just a place to sleep and shower, so it's really up to how much $$ you want to spend on a hotel. Are you going during a busy season?
    Tori

If you have the extra money it is worth it. If you don't then I recommend you stay at one if the "Good neighbor hotels" (they are on the Disneyland website) Many of them offer transportation.

We just got back. We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim. We saved a ton of money and were close enough to walk to and from the parks each day with our 2 kids. They do offer a transport for $15 if you don't want to walk.

We went in August and stayed in both Disneyland hotel (dlh) and the Grand Californian. Dlh is great, they recently renovated rooms and the revamped pool is really good for kids and adults. Access to downtown is awesome, going to Disneyland is a bit longer as you have to take the monorail. I heard the fantasy tower is the best tower to stay in, that is where ended up too. We got a decent rate as well since it was near the end of August. The grand is awesome, rooms are a bit smaller but still okay. Access to California adventure is amazing, steps to get there and a private entrance. Downtown is really great too. Pricing was below $300 per night which is worth every penny.

In the past we've stayed at good neighbour hotels, we like the marriott for suites, residence inn is good for a kitchen but a lot of kids, double tree is really good and same with embassy suites and ayres. The value is there but I would say you are having a different experience. Being at dlh and the grand you get magic mornings, a couple extra fast passes and certain privileges too. In the end we love both and pretty much get what we pay for. Hope this helps.