Dessert Party?

Thread: Dessert Party?

Dessert Party?

My sister and I are thinking about surprising our parents with sending them to the dessert party while were in Florida in May. But I am not sure how to book it and if they would really like it. Opinions on the dessert party and how to book it.

We went to that last month and really enjoyed it. Loads of sweet treats to choose from and a lovely seat for Wishes. I believe my sister booked it online on the Disney website.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

Re: Dessert Party?

We never did this but here is some info I found:

Make your evening extra sweet with a decadent dessert party and a dazzling view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks!
    Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

Delight in a bountiful buffet of tempting treats as fireworks fill the sky over Cinderella Castle.

Help yourself to tables brimming with pastries, cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries and more mouthwatering desserts—as well as a variety of refreshing hot and cold beverages.

From outside on the covered patio, enjoy a nearly unobstructed view of Cinderella Castle and the skies above. Watch the mesmerizing Wishes Nighttime Spectacular—the biggest and brightest fireworks extravaganza in Magic Kingdom history—and look for Tinker Bell as she flies right above the patio!

Please note: Wishes Nighttime Spectacular may be changed or canceled without prior notice.

Know Before You Go

Learn important information about the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party.

The nightly celebration begins one hour before the start of Wishes Nighttime Spectacular.

Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.

An Event Party Ticket is required for all Party Nights when participating in the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party.

Magic Kingdom park admission is also required and is not included in the price of the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party.

On rare occasion, evening fireworks may be rescheduled or canceled. Please note: Fireworks are not guaranteed. Please call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 at least 2 weeks prior to arrival to reconfirm the fireworks schedule. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Check availability here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...dessert-party/

<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/DisneyTalk" data-width="200" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="false" data-show-border="true"></div> <div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/DisneyRecipes" data-width="200" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="false" data-show-border="true"></div> <div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-Disney-World-News/1715280135362882" data-width="200" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="false" data-show-border="true"></div>

IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party

IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party

Make your visit to Epcot extra sweet with tempting treats, spirited drinks and a VIP view of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

A Feast for Your Senses

Celebrate the cultures of the world with a confection of exquisitely crafted sweets from around the globe.

Savor delectable desserts and wines in an exclusive setting and enjoy a clear view of the World Showcase Lagoon as it erupts in a symphony of color and sound during the Epcot nighttime fireworks spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

Under an evening sky ablaze with awesome pyrotechnics, experience a taste explosion with an internationally inspired lineup of confections:

Traditional baklava from Morocco
    Tiramisu from Italy
    Chocolate ganache tarts from France
    Crisped rice puffs inspired by Asian cuisine
    Cinnamon sugar churros with caramel and chocolate sauces from Mexico
    Seasonal berry cobbler from the United States
    Apple dried fruit crumbles from the United Kingdom
    Sparkling blue velvet cupcakes
    Chocolate chip cookies and no-sugar-added lemon cookies

Plus, you can even add a refreshing assortment of beverages—including sparkling wines—to your delightful dessert before sharing an unforgettable moment with family and friends during the stirring, spectacular finale.

Admission to the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party costs just $49 for adults and $29 for children ages 3 to 9—tax and gratuity included.

Please note: all menu items and event experiences are subject to change without notice.

Know Before You Go

Discover important information about the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

The celebration takes place most Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights, and begins one hour and 15 minutes prior to the start of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.
    Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
    An event reservation is required when participating in the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.
    To check-in for this event, please meet the greeting Cast Member at World Showcase Plaza, directly next to Port of Entry and adjacent to the Mexico Pavilion.
    The IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party venue is uncovered and seating is not available.
    In the event of inclement weather, the dessert portion will take place at an alternate indoor location. A Cast Member will direct you to the alternate location at the time of check-in. You may call (407) 560-7377 after 5:30 PM for recorded weather information.
    Epcot park admission is also required and is not included in the price of the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.
    Please note that IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth may be changed or canceled without prior notice due to inclement weather.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...dessert-party/

<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/DisneyTalk" data-width="200" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="false" data-show-border="true"></div> <div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/DisneyRecipes" data-width="200" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="false" data-show-border="true"></div> <div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-Disney-World-News/1715280135362882" data-width="200" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="false" data-show-border="true"></div>

We did the dessert party for the first time earlier this year. I was 7 months pregnant at the time, and really mostly wanted to make sure I had a good viewing spot for the show without too many crowds, and a place to sit down! I probably wouldn't do it again, unless I was traveling with someone who couldn't really handle standing on Main Street for a long time waiting for the show to begin!

Pros:
    - Desserts! They were typical - good not great
    - Not a large crowd of people
    - Pretty view of the castle
    - You could sit at your table until right before the show began

Cons:
    - Couldn't hear the music well
    - View was pretty, but fireworks were off to the side
    - Kind of expensive
    - You couldn't see well from your seat, had to get up and stand at the railing

I really want to do this on our next trip!

Dessert Party was over rated. And if you are short, you run the risk of having people block hour view. You may not get all the fancy bake goods, but your experience with the fireworks will be WAY better on the Pirate boats out of the Contemporary.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2013/0...eworks-voyage/
    McWee - Houston, Texas
    WDW-POR Jan 2014 | Disney Dream Jan 2014 | WDW-POR Jan 2016

We felt the dessert party was way over priced and you can see the fireworks just as well from right below that spot... never again would be pay that kind of money to go....
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!