Possible 2015/2016 Honeymoon

Possible 2015/2016 Honeymoon

My boyfriend and I have been talking weddings for a while now and he's close to proposing(just need the ring and right moment). We had considered a Disney wedding but a $20,000 wedding is just out of the question given both our families' financial state. But, we have pretty much decided on a Disney honeymoon. One week just the two of us in the happiest place on earth. I'm thinking this may occur any where from late 2015 to late 2016. We both said we'd like to do it in the fall due to less crowds and less intense heat at Disney. With that said, what would you suggest for a magical honeymoon in the fall? We'd rather not go over $5,500, again due to our financial state. But what resorts would you suggest? What are some things we should definitely try to do on the trip? I know it's a year or two away still, but the sooner we plan it out, the more time we have to save. Thank you all so much, ahead of time, for your help.

I would suggest port Orleans riverside or the French quester for the hotel. It's cheaper than the deluxe hotels and still beautiful and romantic!! You can do a carriage ride together or take the boat downtown. It's really beautiful there. As far as what to do while your there; if say just have fun! I think the world showcase in Epcot is one of the best places for couples. Wonderful food and culture. Also the boardwalk has some great places to try as we'll. enjoy your honeymoon!!!!

My DH and I honeymooned at WDW a few years ago and I wrote a report: http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/mis...l#.VFgIxNq9KK0

It might be a little dated by now, but should still give you some ideas.

I recommend Port Orleans Riverside. October can be quite warm, but the Epcot Food & Wine Festival is going on. Just avoid weekends. But the most magical time to go, in my opinion, is the first or second week of December. Crowds are manageable, weather is beautiful (though it can get cold sometimes), and the holiday decorations are magnificent. I think it's the most romantic time to go to WDW.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Look into DVC rentals too. You could stay at one if the deluxe resort villas in a studio room which is still bigger than a regular resort room for less money. I figured a stay for my family of four at animal kingdom included park tickets and dining plan and by using DVC rental could save close to three thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmule229 View Post
    Look into DVC rentals too. You could stay at one if the deluxe resort villas in a studio room which is still bigger than a regular resort room for less money. I figured a stay for my family of four at animal kingdom included park tickets and dining plan and by using DVC rental could save close to three thousand dollars.
    I was actually thinking about DVC yesterday. I haven't done much research into it yet, though. Would it be worth getting into for a couple on a tight budget who doesn't live in FL?

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    My DH and I honeymooned at WDW a few years ago and I wrote a report: http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/mis...l#.VFgIxNq9KK0 It might be a little dated by now, but should still give you some ideas. I recommend Port Orleans Riverside. October can be quite warm, but the Epcot Food & Wine Festival is going on. Just avoid weekends. But the most magical time to go, in my opinion, is the first or second week of December. Crowds are manageable, weather is beautiful (though it can get cold sometimes), and the holiday decorations are magnificent. I think it's the most romantic time to go to WDW.
    Oh, I didn't even think about December dates. I've always wanted to go to Disney while it was decorated for Christmas. We may have to consider that as well. Also, would it be worth it to go to the food and wine festival for an underage person? If we do get married in 2016, I'll still be a few months shy of 21. He will be 22 however.

Quote Originally Posted by katie684 View Post
    I would suggest port Orleans riverside or the French quester for the hotel. It's cheaper than the deluxe hotels and still beautiful and romantic!! You can do a carriage ride together or take the boat downtown. It's really beautiful there. As far as what to do while your there; if say just have fun! I think the world showcase in Epcot is one of the best places for couples. Wonderful food and culture. Also the boardwalk has some great places to try as we'll. enjoy your honeymoon!!!!
    Thank you so much! I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in 2012 and I wasn't much of a fan. It felt more like a hotel, not like a Disney resort. I will, however, look into the French Quarter. I've heard it's beautiful. I'd absolutely love to do the carriage ride. What a romantic moment for honeymoon!

Quote Originally Posted by blackveilbeauty View Post
    Oh, I didn't even think about December dates. I've always wanted to go to Disney while it was decorated for Christmas. We may have to consider that as well. Also, would it be worth it to go to the food and wine festival for an underage person? If we do get married in 2016, I'll still be a few months shy of 21. He will be 22 however.
    I am not a big drinker. We just got back from the F&WF and I had a great time. If you like to eat interesting foods, it's worth it, I think. But for a romantic time, you can't beat early December.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Re: Possible 2015/2016 Honeymoon

My Husband and I did the same for our Honeymoon this past October and it was the trip of a lifetime. We splurged and got a theme park view room at the Contemporary which was pricey but SO worth it, and honestly I do suggest going all out for your honeymoon, you only get married once (well hopefully lol). October was also a great time to go, we went the week of Columbus day and it was great.
    My Advice
    -Splurge a little
    -Spend at least a week
    -Take your time and enjoy everything
    -Make reservations for a nice restaurant
    -Buy your wedding mickey ears!