Freshee's 3 day, threes company belated birthday trip

Mickey Freshee's 3 day, threes company belated birthday trip

This is probably my second trip report. I'm not very good at these since we tend to go up for the weekend and do everything we can and then its time to come back. We don't really do any fine dining either so its just QS.
    This trip was just hubby, our 4 year old and I. My eldest was at Walt Disney too but went with her grandma and her BFF. They stayed at all star music. That was grandma gift to her.
    My birthday is November 8, my lil one is November 10 and the eldest is November 22. Of course, we couldnt stay behind because we have our AP passes. Lucky daddy, all these birthdays and then Christmas is only days away lol.

So we went up the weekend of November 21 - 23, the weekend before thanksgiving. I had been trying to book a value resort at WDW about 2 weeks before but had no luck. Everything was booked up so i finally booked a Hotwire deal. We ended UP at the Clairon Inn Lake Buena Vista which was not bad. It had free (very basic) continental breakfast, its just 4 minutes from WDW west side entrance (that's the downtown Disney entrance), and the decor was nice. The room was very clean and was like a standard room at a value WDW resort but with a microwave and coffee machine at half the price but minus all the magic. Now if magic is clean, cheap, hotel with free food then then this might be it.

We arrived Friday evening because hubby had to go to work for a lil bit in the morning. A lil bit turned into us leaving our house around 1:30 pm. We ended up checkin in a little after five pm. The weather was a cool, cloudy 62* with a light constant mist. Luckily, hubby packed our ponchos. We unloaded our luggage and headed to Epcot.

We probably got there around 6ish. The park closed at nine pm for extra magic hours until 11. Luckily our bands were attached to our eldest which was staying on property at all star music so we were able to stay. There we did Nemo, explored the fish tanks, did crush talk and then let the lil one play in the shark play room.
    After that, we went to figments imagination ride and let her play for a lil in the play room. That was over fast as she wasn't very amused and she ended up playing in the gift store. The play room used to be glorious in my day as a kid in the 80s but not any more. Maybe Disney did it on purpose so that we get to the gift shop faster.

When we were able to get her out of the shop the hubby n I grabbed a beer as the baby had reeses peanut butter cups and we headed to the land pavilion. We wanted to see if the baby could ride soarin but had no luck because she was shy two inches. So we wrapped up our beers and went on the land. I love that ride and all its hidden mickeys.

After we trekked to space ship earth and then trekked back to do the character meet n greet. There we met and took pictures with mickey, minnie and goofy. The baby hugged all three of them. she is the sweetest thing. Shes never been scared of them either. Minnie took notice to my ears that resembled hers and gave me a big thumbs up. My little one was also wearing her little minnie mouse ears but the ones with the pink bow. She wears them the whole trip since she was months old. She takes after her mommy.

We wrapped up the night at electric umbrella because the eateries at the world closed at ten pm and of course it was ten:/. Bummer, I wanted to eat at china QS so bad!! OH WELL, so at electric umbrella I had the new sausage hoagie which was great but a tad too spicy. Hubby had a bacon burger and the baby had mac n cheese. On our way out we let her play across the way with the floor that have the lights. Then it was off to the hotel for showers and sleep.

Saturday and Sunday to come...
    Last edited by Freshee61; 11-25-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Sounds great so far! Can't wait to read more.

Love the report!

Sounds like you had a blast. Can't wait to read more!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Freshee's 3 day, threes company belated birthday trip

Great trip report! I can't wait to read the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post
    The park closed at nine pm for extra magic hours until 11. Luckily our bands were attached to our eldest which was staying on property at all star music so we were able to stay.
    Very interesting and good to know!

When we were able to get her out of the shop the hubby n I grabbed a beer as the baby had reeses peanut butter cups and we headed to the land pavilion.
    Not being a big beer drinker, I would have sided with your baby for yummy Reese's peanut butter cups. (Or else I'd get a margarita!)

We wrapped up the night at electric umbrella because the eateries at the world closed at ten pm and of course it was ten:/. Bummer, I wanted to eat at china QS so bad!! OH WELL
    How annoying! Did you leave before the fireworks?
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Great trip report! I can't wait to read the rest. Very interesting and good to know! Not being a big beer drinker, I would have sided with your baby for yummy Reese's peanut butter cups. (Or else I'd get a margarita!) How annoying! Did you leave before the fireworks?
    Haha yeah those Reese's are addicting especially in Ice cream or in shakes.
    Yeah it took us a minute to realize that we could stay because our bands were linked to a reservation. Cool huh, We lucked out because they are strict and they check.
    I think the fireworks were at nine but we were riding the rides. Plus *cover your eyes* we are not too big on Epcot fireworks or even fantasmic. We like wishes.

Talk Disney Moderator

Well, okay, but in the future, if you go to Epcot during the holidays, you have to watch the special grand finale for IllumiNations. It's an add-on ending after the normal ending only during the holiday season. Wishes used to be my favorite until I saw this. That few minutes of extra massive fireworks is now one of my favorite things at WDW.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Well, okay, but in the future, if you go to Epcot during the holidays, you have to watch the special grand finale for IllumiNations. It's an add-on ending after the normal ending only during the holiday season. Wishes used to be my favorite until I saw this. That few minutes of extra massive fireworks is now one of my favorite things at WDW.
    Oh ok , didn't know. I will put it for my next must do .

Talk Disney Moderator

It's just a couple minutes long, but so cool! (I hope I didn't build it up too much only to disappoint. )

I'm not a big fan of Fantasmic, either.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

No no, will def check it out.
    Last edited by Freshee61; 11-30-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Talk Disney Moderator

Its Saturday and we're going to HS
    My lil one woke me up at 7, so I woke hubby to get the day going and he replies yeah, yeah. As I start to get ready and next time I look they had both rolled over and gone back to sleep. I continued to get ready and kept nudging at hubby every so often. Eventually we were all ready, had breakfast, and it was off to HS.
    We arrived at HS and didn't take the entrance tram as it was drizzling and we had packed everything up in the stroller so we trekked it to the entrance. We headed first to Disney Jr., 'live on stage'. The lil one loved it of course and was really into it. There was a lil boy maybe 6 or 7 sitting in back of me that was not so enthused. I could hear him grunting and whining loudly that he couldn't see any thing when krissy (which is a twig) would get up to participate dance with the other kids. At one point hes says really loud in spanish (which makes it sound all the more funny) "aggghhhh, I cant see with this girl in front me'! Nothing I can do except laugh but he was mad and dad did not know how to deal.
    Our next venue was beauty and the beast show. My gosh, that show gets better and better each time I see it! I love it, just love it! The new Belle they had is so spot on with her voice and her singing. Shes really incredible! And Guston!!! OMG the Guston. He is really great & amazing. His voice is also perfect, his acting is great and his facial expressions are amazing! Hes super good. Really, the WHOLE cast is great. Did I mention the show is awesome, amazing and my favorite? It truly is perfect!
    It was now past lunch time and we went to go eat at ABC. Yum, lunch time!! I had the fish sticks which are now new and improved because they now come with shrimp and the shrimp are so good. Man, I love junk food! Any who, hubby had the burger again (how original) and the baby had the nuggets.
    Now, bellies are full and happy as we head to voyage of the lil mermaid, another favorite of mine. I was particularly eager this time to get in because the rain /water effect hadn't been on my last two recent trips. Again, I was disappointed, no rain effect in the beginning. Naturally, I headed over to the cast member sitting in the dark corner waiting to assist persons during the show and asked him, 'what happened to the water effect?!!! He was a lil startled by me as I asked quietly 'why the effect is not working'? His reply was he cannot say why and that its been off and on for the last two weeks. I thanked him and sat back down. Mind you, My daughter had the water effect the day before when she went to see the show. Oh well, maybe next time. The show was nice, it had a new Ariel, she sang nicely but a lil too low but I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon. She had a new tail and bra both very nice. After the the show we headed to the new Frozen attractions. On the way there Woody and Buzz (and their long lines) were out in all their glory. Buzz is always so impressive. I spotted the ever so cool green army soldier with no line so we took a picture with him. I guess I was a lil too excited that after the support cast member took the photo, I left her my camera and the soldier was poking fun at me.
    Then we first made our way to the build a snowman but as soon as we got there we realized it was almost time for the sing a long show. We got in line but didn't make it to that showing so went back build a snowman. The baby played with hubby with the ice as I took pictures of them and eventually made my way to the gift store. After two plays and baby kicking down hubby's snowman it was now time to go back to the sing along.
    We got there (I will not give any spoliers) and 5 min or so into the show the lil one wants to leave. Mind you, she sat perfectly for carousel of progress.
    So, we left (happily) and it was still drizzling out. We set off to get some drinks by the honey I shrunk the kids play ground. One of the bartenders there is a really nice guy that makes awesome drinks. This time hubby opted for a a yummy grapefruit beer instead of a mixed drink. I had already ordered my bud light but next time I'm ordering that!
    Now, we were on our way to the Osborn lights. This is my first time seeing them. You'd think after being a 9 year passholder that would not be the case. The drizzle Finally stopped and as we walked in they were playing Elvis (*sigh*). What great first time intro song I thought. We walked around, watched and listened. The baby finally got her bubble gun as those vendors were everywhere and could no longer be dodged. Hubby and the little one were shooting bubbles everywhere and at everyone. I looked for the cat but had no luck. I did find a small mouse and a couple of hidden mickeys. Hubby was ready to go and as we were leaving the Nightmare before Christmas song, 'what is this' came on with the the light sequence and it was totally awesome!
    Exiting the park, I finally got to ride the tram to the car. Yay, it had been a long time since I rode one since we always take the Disney resort buses. Come to think of it, sadly I did not ride the monorail once this trip. Our night ended at chillis and then the hotel for showers and sleep.
    One more day at Mk coming up.
    Last edited by Freshee61; 11-30-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Talk Disney Moderator

Great report! We'll be there in less than 2 weeks and we'll be searching for the cat. Last year we were sitting under a tree at the end of the block during the Osborne lights and a couple sitting near us asked if we found the cat yet. We said no, then they said, "You'll kick yourselves if you don't find it." We found the cat about 30 minutes later after walking up and down the street...in the tree right over our heads where we had been sitting!!!

So what is the Frozen attraction like? Is it just for kids?
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

Oh my gosh, that is too funny. How cool is that! That the people next to you even knew about the cat and didn't even spoil it!

The build a Snowman is a large room that has seats, a slushy vending counter and off to a side an crushed ice ground. You enter first room before that which is the gift store.

The sing along is a medium sized theater with 3 projection movie screens and a stage.

Talk Disney Moderator

I just love reading others reports of their trips! Keep it coming!

Loving the report! Glad you got to do the Carousel of Progress - I love it!

And how could you miss the monorail? Gasp!!!

Looking forward to reading more.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR