Value Resorts Room Question

Thread: Room Question

Room Question

I have read and heard people talk about what area of the resort they will be in before they ever leave for their trip. How do you do this? I would like to know ahead of time which section of POP I will be in to better plan out my days if we end up far from the bus station...

Thanks!

Re: Room Question

Well, unless you specifically ask for a themed room like say AOA and rent from like the "cars" WDW never tells you ahead of time where you will be. I have stayed in almost EVERY resort even the economy ones and none of them have a far walk they are really good about that in WDW. Well... except for Saratoga Springs which is a whole other story.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaddict View Post
    I have read and heard people talk about what area of the resort they will be in before they ever leave for their trip. How do you do this? I would like to know ahead of time which section of POP I will be in to better plan out my days if we end up far from the bus station...

Thanks!
    I know what you're talking about. It's a little hard to pinpoint exactly but if you do a little research about the resort you're going it's possible to sort of plan what the best area is. Only issue is that some resorts have made those preferable areas into a "preferred" area and therefore charge more. In this case if you're staying at pop you'll have to look at the map and see which buildings are close to bus stops. I think that those close to bus stops are preferred but I may be wrong. Once you find the building that you think would work you would call the resort and put in a request to stay in that building. Out of the dozens of stays for me in value, moderate and deluxe they have always fulfilled my requests except maybe one time. One thing I know about pop is that the parking lots are far away from many of the buildings. So if you use your car a lot it can be a lot of walking sometimes. All I can say is research the resort you'll be staying at, ask specific questions in forums and Google it. I think you'll be surprised at how much info you'll find. I had the annual pass to Disney for 5 years straight and one thing I learned, planning ahead makes your visits to Disney more enjoyable.

Preferred at Pop is only in the 60s building around the main pool.

In my opinion, the best request to make for Pop is non-preferred 60s with a garden view OR a room in the 50's building.

The best way to get your request (Disney will NOT guarantee it!) is to make it when you book (over the phone). If you have already booked, call in and add the request over the phone. Then when you do online check in, add it to your check in. And lastly, when you actually check in, mention it again.

I've never had a request denied, so as long as you are patient and polite and work with the resort management (and be prepared that you still may not get it), you should be fine.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    Preferred at Pop is only in the 60s building around the main pool.

In my opinion, the best request to make for Pop is non-preferred 60s with a garden view OR a room in the 50's building.

The best way to get your request (Disney will NOT guarantee it!) is to make it when you book (over the phone). If you have already booked, call in and add the request over the phone. Then when you do online check in, add it to your check in. And lastly, when you actually check in, mention it again.

I've never had a request denied, so as long as you are patient and polite and work with the resort management (and be prepared that you still may not get it), you should be fine.
    Exactly, that's exactly what I do. I have never had any request denied. Of course I try to go during non peak hours too.

With POP it's pretty much all a walk unfortuantly and you can stay at port orleans for just a bit more and have less walk more quiet and a better time..
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

You can request the room location at check in and if they have it they will offer it to you Or you can request it online at early checkin.

I agree I like 50's section or any place facing the lake but being by main pool and bar and lobby can't be beat either.

Either way POP is fantastic where ever you stay. It's a fun resort to stay at. I love the place. It's so colorful and pretty and now you can cross over to AOA and check out the new resort.
    Have a magical time!
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaddict View Post

Thanks!
    At POP you can choose your room in the online check process. You will choose the section and the floor you want to be on they still pick the exact room. So I choose the 60s section and the 2nd floor and thats what I got.