Renting car @ WDW

Renting car @ WDW

I there, has anyone every rented a car at WDW resort, not at the airport? I'm thinking of doing that to get out of the "world" one day & just wanted some info. Thanks
    1983- First trip, MK & EPCOT
    1986- Second Trip, My grandmother got tickled silly by Pluto because she would not smile while he was giving her hugs. It lasted for 15 minutes! Best part of the trip
    2010- Third trip, my girls first trip. Was so magical
    2012- second trip for kiddos, Christmas time Spectacular. First DCL, over New Years Eve.So unbelievable!
    2015- Going again in October for the MiNSSH. Staying at POR.
    2016- June. Staying at POR

Re: Renting car @ WDW

I can't say that I've ever rented a car at the resort, but last year we did rent one (for the first time) at the Airport. The reason I am replying, is because what I discovered may help others in the future. After a lot of research, I discovered that Alamo was the least expensive of all the options. (There is an Alamo location at WDW). I discovered that selecting the "lowest price" offer on the main page was in fact, not the lowest price. Going through the standard online booking was a better deal. Becoming an Alama insider (for free) gets you a discount. Search online for discount codes. I found a free upgrade code, which got me a standard car for the price of a small car. Finally, I pre-registered. This meant that there was no additional paperwork upon arrival. I presented my confirmation and much to my surprise, was presented with 20 cars to choose from. No small car, no standard car...I took a luxury car (at no extra cost). I did havea Corvette as an option, but there were 4 of us..and lugguage
    I'M NOT CRANKY, I JUST LOOK THAT WAY

I have. I rented a car in 2013 to go to Legoland for a day. You rent from the Car Care Center.

The two companies that are there are National and Alamo. You can call 407.824.3470 to schedule a pick up from your resort. They'll schedule and send a shuttle to you.

From that point forward, it's just like renting a car anywhere else.

When you return the car to the Car Care Center, they'll also have a shuttle that will take you back to your resort.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I have, we used Alamo was great, cheap and they pick you and drop you off where ever you want. Highly recommend, we used them to go to "another" park. I am renting one next week to run out and get some stuff for the grand Kids at Walmart.

MB
    Mike
    "Drink up me Hardees... Yo Ho"
    One day in Disney is better than none !!!
    30+ trips and counting to WDW
    EW Contemp. 83, Contemp. 84, Ft. Wilderness 85 EW Contemp. 86,Class trip 86, Oak Island Cove 02, Radisson 03, Radisson 03, POR 04, Radisson 04 Renaissance Inn 04, POR 2\05, POP 3\05, POR 06, POR 07, POR 08, AKL 10\08, AKL 3\09, Jambo House 5\09........ too many to list now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mberenato View Post
    I have, we used Alamo was great, cheap and they pick you and drop you off where ever you want. Highly recommend, we used them to go to "another" park. I am renting one next week to run out and get some stuff for the grand Kids at Walmart. MB
    thanks great to know!
    1983- First trip, MK & EPCOT
    1986- Second Trip, My grandmother got tickled silly by Pluto because she would not smile while he was giving her hugs. It lasted for 15 minutes! Best part of the trip
    2010- Third trip, my girls first trip. Was so magical
    2012- second trip for kiddos, Christmas time Spectacular. First DCL, over New Years Eve.So unbelievable!
    2015- Going again in October for the MiNSSH. Staying at POR.
    2016- June. Staying at POR