Disney vacation account

Disney vacation account

Hello everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has used the disney vacation account? Is it easy to use? And is it safe and secure?

Re: Disney vacation account

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmagic View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has used the disney vacation account? Is it easy to use? And is it safe and secure?
    When you say "Disney Vacation Account" are you referring to the My Disney Experience profile you can set up at Disneyworld.com? Or are you referring to the Disney Vacation Club Timeshare account?
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

It's basically a savings account you set up through Disney just for your Disney vacation. I haven't tried it. I would rather have my vacation funds in a regular account myself, just in case you need it for something else.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It's basically a savings account you set up through Disney just for your Disney vacation. I haven't tried it. I would rather have my vacation funds in a regular account myself, just in case you need it for something else.
    Ahhhh, wow. I had completely forgotten about those!

No, never used one. I keep my Disney Trip funds in a medium to high yield (and meaning higher risk) mutual fund where I can keep access to the funds in case of an emergency (as you noted). And, last year, I had to use it. I ended up needing several thousand dollars to deal with a debt situation (long story) and as a result we had to skip our annual trip.

Good news is, I'm debt free now though! And, have enough tucked away for another trip!
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    Ahhhh, wow. I had completely forgotten about those!

No, never used one. I keep my Disney Trip funds in a medium to high yield (and meaning higher risk) mutual fund where I can keep access to the funds in case of an emergency (as you noted). And, last year, I had to use it. I ended up needing several thousand dollars to deal with a debt situation (long story) and as a result we had to skip our annual trip.

Good news is, I'm debt free now though! And, have enough tucked away for another trip!
    Exactly. You never know what might come up. Glad it all worked out for you.

Also, I then like to charge everything to my favorite rewards credit card to get the extra points towards things I like (I use mine towards airfare). I believe DVA will give you $20 for every $1,000 though , so at least that's something.

Sorry if we are not much help, OP! Just some thoughts on other options. Knowing Disney, I am sure it works quite well for its intended purpose. Hopefully someone else here has actually tried it and can be of more help.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmagic View Post
    At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you but like others have said keeping it in a place where you have complete access in case you need it for something else is always to me the best idea. We went to a bar once and had a giant margarita in a fish bowl it was so much fun that day that we deemed it our vacation bucket and thats where we keep all our vacations money as a reminder to save and the fun it will go towards. Once it get high though we put a portion in our savings account just in case someone like robs our home or something we wont lose a ton of money.

I save for Disney using gift cards I pur in my safe I don't know of any vacation account you can use to save but I also use my capital one 360 saving for disney alone..
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2 View Post
    I save for Disney using gift cards I pur in my safe I don't know of any vacation account you can use to save but I also use my capital one 360 saving for disney alone..
    The gift card concept is really a neat one of you keep an eye out for sales around holidays. Places like CVS and Walgreens will put their gift cards on incredible sales around Christmas and you can get some amazing bulk deals!
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR