kid@heart's Trip Report x2!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: [email protected]'s Trip Report x2!!!

That must have been a scary experience with your son! I'm so glad he was okay and all turned out well. What a smart kid! Looking forward to reading your next installment
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post
    That must have been a scary experience with your son! I'm so glad he was okay and all turned out well. What a smart kid! Looking forward to reading your next installment
    Very scary, indeed! Although I think I was more scared than he was, haha!

Sunday 8/24/14

Today was going to be a busy day! We were headed to the Magic Kingdom, plus it was the day we were switching over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were up early and took our bags down to Bell Services for them to transfer over. My daughter and I were in a hurry to make our FP to meet Anna and Elsa (this was THE hot ticket and there was no way we were going to miss it!), so we decided to go ahead by ourselves while the guys stayed back and finished up with the luggage.

My daughter and I arrived at the Magic Kingdom and then realized that she didn’t have her autograph book with her. Of all the days, this was the time we really needed it! My bad. So, we bought a new one at the little cart right by the train station and then were on our way. After stopping for a couple of pictures in front of the castle, we made our way over to Fairytale Princess Hall for our meet and greet. There was already a huge line, so I was glad that I was able to get the FP. We were taken right back and only had to wait a minute or so before going in to where they were.

My daughter was SO excited to meet them, and was quite literally star struck. She gets really shy in these types of situations, but Anna was so friendly and fun, that my daughter warmed right up. Anna did a really great job. My daughter had a plush Anna & Elsa doll with her, and Anna joked how it felt kind of weird taking a picture with herself, lol. While we were waiting for the family in front of us to finish up with Elsa, Anna snuck up behind my daughter and tickled her with a feather. Just a really memorable experience. Elsa wasn’t quite as outgoing, but I guess her character isn’t supposed to be either. But she was very graceful and charming, and after a few pictures, an autograph and a hug, we exited into the gift shop. Smart move the way Disney always does that…

The guys had a FP for Buzz, so while we were waiting for them to catch up with us, my daughter went on the carousel. After that, the guys found us and we all headed over for our next FP…Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! This was a very cute ride. Very smooth, and it was cool the way that the carts rocked back and forth. I was glad to have the FP, but also had kind of wanted to see the interactive queue. Oh well, perhaps another time!

It was now time for our lunch FP at Be Our Guest!! I was really excited to try this place! We gave our names at the station out front and then walked over the bridge to get in the line to place our order. I had preordered online, but I guess it had gotten lost in cyberspace somewhere because it wasn’t there when we tried. No big deal, we just had to place the order again. It would have been cool if it had worked though.

We then were taken to our seats in the Castle Gallery. We were instructed to get our drinks and that the food would be out shortly. I had order the Quinoa Salad, which was very light and tasty. My husband ordered the Croque Monsieur and the kids both ordered the grilled cheese and tomato soup. For dessert, we got the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake and The Master’s Cupcake. The strawberry one was just so-so, but the other one….WOW!! So delicious! I really wished I had gotten another one! When we were done, we toured the other rooms and took a few pictures. The West Wing is my favorite! I am really hoping we get that one next time.

After lunch, we went on The Little Mermaid (our 3rd FP) and Small World, and then headed over towards Frontierland, with a stop at the Haunted Mansion first, of course! We took a little break for some ice cream and drinks (the heat was almost unbearable by this point), and then the kids played in the Shootin’ Arcade for a little while. Afterward, they went into the Country Bear Jamboree with my husband while I looked around in the nearby stores for a little bit. When they came out, we all went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

My daughter then asked if we could go on Splash Mountain. Normally I don’t like to go on rides that get my clothes all wet, but it was so hot that I thought it sounded like a good idea right about now.

Hmmm, did I say it sounded like a good idea?? Well, I thought it was until we got in the super long line! That queue was absolutely dreadful with it being that hot out. I am talking a heat index of 110!! I literally didn’t think I was going to make it, and felt like I could pass out. It just moved SO SLOW. But we finally made it inside and it felt sooo nice when we hit that air conditioning! After we went down the big hill and hit the bottom, we noticed the Festival of Fantasy Parade had begun, so when we got off we went over to watch. I absolutely love that Maleficent dragon!!

We noticed a storm was moving in, so we then walked over to Pirates. We had no sooner got under the walkway that it just let loose out there! Talk about good timing! Plus, by the time we got off the storm was all over. Now that’s the way to do it! However, the rain had made it even more muggy and oppressive out, so we decided we would head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to check in and see our room. The kids took a quick ride on the Magic Carpets, and climbed through the Swiss Family Treehouse, and then we walked back to Main Street. My daughter had really wanted to meet Tinkerbell, so she and I went into the Town Square Theater to see her. She was so cute and chatty with my daughter! She loved it! I was glad we took the time.

We hopped on the bus to AKL, checked in and then got our bags from Bell Services. I love how easy Disney makes it to switch resorts! We found our room and were pleasantly surprised to find out that we had a nice view of the Savannah from our balcony! We had booked a standard view, and maybe because we didn’t have a completely open view of the savannah they still consider that standard? But whatever the case, we were thrilled! It was right where they let the animals in and out for the day, so you would hear the gates opening in the morning and then see each group of animals come out. It was very cool. We had another one bedroom, so the full kitchen and extra space was great. I am so excited to be staying here again in September!

We had thought about going back to another park for the evening, but were enjoying the resort so much that we just decided to have dinner at The Mara and spend the evening at the pool instead. Ahhhh, this is the life!

Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

I'm loving reading ur trip report 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmagic View Post
    I'm loving reading ur trip report ?de0a
    Thank you! I am having fun reliving the memories.
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)

Monday 8/25/14

Today was going to be a special day because it was our anniversary, and we got to celebrate it Disney style!! We honestly didn’t do much during the day except laze around the pool. It was very nice and relaxing. My husband and I enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar, and the kids had a blast joining in all the pool party games.

Around 2 we went back to the room to freshen up and get ready for the evening. The kids were going to Simba’s Cubhouse while my husband and I ventured over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Artist Point.

We dropped them off, hopped on a bus to Animal Kingdom and then switched over to a bus to Wilderness Lodge. This was our first time eating here, so I was looking forward to it!

It was a lovely restaurant with a nice view of Bay Lake. We were seated right away. I forget our waiter’s name unfortunately, but he was very attentive and witty. We ordered a bottle of wine and the Smokey Portabella Soup as an appetizer. We were also brought out bread with black sea-salted butter. Lots of sodium going on here, but very tasty! For the main course, I ordered the Applewood-smoked Cornish Hen, and my husband got the scallops. Yum!

We were too full to order dessert, but the waiter did bring out a complimentary glass of champagne with a raspberry in it for our anniversary. Nice touch! I wish I had taken pictures of it all. At the time I didn’t want the distraction of taking them, but looking back I wish I had!

When we were done, we checked out the lobby area and then headed out to the Silver Creek Springs pool. We stopped for a few minutes to watch the flamingos and the geyser, then continued on to catch the boat back to the Magic Kingdom so we could get a bus back to AKL.

It was a gorgeous night outside. The sun was setting and it looked so pretty over the water. It was one of those moments where you just try to soak it all in so you can remember that feeling for the rest of your life. It was the perfect ending to a romantic evening out!

Sounds like a fantastic evening.

And I love that smoky portobello soup!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 8/26/14

Today we were heading over to Animal Kingdom! We started out our day with a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris. On our way over we found DiVine! I had always heard of her, but this was the first time we actually ran into her. Pretty cool! After our safari ride, we went over to Expedition Everest for our next FP. I love this ride! My kids love it, too, so after our FP we then got in the standby line. I could go on it 100 times over!

Afterward, it was lunchtime, so we decided on Pizzafari. It was our first time trying this place. The food was decent, but I have to say, I was really impressed with their service. Even though it’s a quick service location, there were CM’s walking around and checking in with people at their tables to make sure everything was ok and to see if they needed anything. One of them came over to our table and saw our anniversary buttons and said she would be right back. Next thing you know, she came out with a free dessert for us! It was just one of their pudding cups, but she took two chocolate chip cookies and put them on top like Mickey ears. Just one of those magical little moments that you only get at Disney!

After lunch, it was time for our next FP…Kali River Rapids! We had never gone on this in the past, mainly because of what I mentioned before about hating wet clothes afterward. But, I decided to take one for the team and try it out. As we were waiting to load, we noticed people putting on ponchos…not a good sign, haha! We got on, put all our things in the middle “dry” compartment, and we were off!

At first I was thinking, this isn’t so bad, maybe I won’t get that wet. Well, as soon as we went down the big hill, I realized just how wrong I was!! No, I didn’t get wet…I got drenched, completely soaked to the bone. Wouldn’t it just figure, somehow I managed to get the wettest seat on board! When we hit the bottom of the hill, I was facing backward right where the water hit first, and it just completely cascaded over me. Wow. I will say it was fun and I laughed, but yeah…definitely had the sopping wet clothes scenario going on for quite some time after that! Lesson learned, never again unless I have a poncho. Perhaps a wetsuit even!!

We decided to take a little break after that so I could dry a little and we could get some snacks. We had made our way over to Africa and I decided to try the Dole Whip with dark rum at Tamu Tamu. So good! It was really hot out, so we then decided to head indoors to check out Festival of the Lion King in its new location. I love this show! Always entertaining.

We were thinking about leaving at this point, but decided to take a trip on the train over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We headed into the Conservation Station first. That was pretty interesting. We got to see the vet techs working with the animals through the glass. Then my daughter decided she wanted to meet Rafiki, so we got in line for that. When we were done inside, we went out to the petting zoo area for a little while.

After that, we then decided to go back to the resort and just relax at the pool for the evening. It was our last night here, and we just wanted to savor the last remaining hours we had left. I was definitely going to miss this place!

DiVine:

Our special dessert:

Relaxing with a drink on our last night...

A duck going for a swim:

Another great view from our room:

Loved your report - and laughed at your Kali drenching (sorry)!!

And your free dessert was a nice touch.

Thanks for posting!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

I loved reading your report! How lucky you were to get such a great room at AKL!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    Loved your report - and laughed at your Kali drenching (sorry)!!

And your free dessert was a nice touch.

Thanks for posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    I loved reading your report! How lucky you were to get such a great room at AKL!
    Thank you both! I enjoyed reminiscing!

Not a whole lot to report on our last day. Though we did have breakfast at Boma for the first time. We enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again on our upcoming trip! We had a late flight out so we went over to DTD to do some shopping and a quick visit to Disney Quest. Around 4 we headed back to the resort to catch our Magical Express bus. Boohoo, always the saddest part...

Until next time! Not too long now...just a little over two months to go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12