Moderate Resorts Carribean Beach Resort

Carribean Beach Resort

We are planning a trip for end of May 2016. I had planned to rent DVC points through Daves but my 8 year old went crazy with excitement when we were watching a Disney special on TLC about the Pirate rooms at Carribean Beach Resort. I would love to hear your experiences. I'm thinking about booking a Pirate room and not telling the boys so they are surprised when we get to the room. The oldest boy will be 20 when we go but loves POC.

Re: Carribean Beach Resort

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmule229 View Post
    We are planning a trip for end of May 2016. I had planned to rent DVC points through Daves but my 8 year old went crazy with excitement when we were watching a Disney special on TLC about the Pirate rooms at Carribean Beach Resort. I would love to hear your experiences. I'm thinking about booking a Pirate room and not telling the boys so they are surprised when we get to the room. The oldest boy will be 20 when we go but loves POC.
    They are neat, but they are relegated to the worst parts of the resort. Specifically, Trinidad South.

I'd skip it, frankly, unless sleeping in a pirate themed room for more than a night is something you think is worth both the extended cost and inconvenience they provide.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

you can use DVC points to stay at the carribean resort not sure if you were aware of this... we own directly but I think you could still purchase points elsewhere and use them there...
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymommyx2 View Post
    you can use DVC points to stay at the carribean resort not sure if you were aware of this... we own directly but I think you could still purchase points elsewhere and use them there...
    Just wanted to say, people that rent points (at least from David's) can only book at the DVC resorts. It might be possible through a private transaction somewhere, but at that point it would just be better to book directly through Disney. It would most likely be cheaper (renting points is a good deal for DVC resorts but not so much after that), plus you would then have more control and flexibility over your trip. Good thought though!
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**