New Disney "Firsts" Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Disney "Firsts" Thread

We had a thread of Disney "Firsts" a few years ago, but I felt it was time to start a new one. On your next trip to WDW, what Disney activities will you be doing for the very first time? It could be Disney restaurants, Disney attractions, or Disney recreation (such as mini golf or renting a boat).

Here are the firsts we have planned on our next trip. Any tips or advice are welcome.

1. Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner)

2. Trattoria al Forno (breakfast)

3. Boarding our dog at Best Friends Pet Resort

I don't think there will be any rides or attractions that will be new to us.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Hoop De Doo was my 1st for dinning.
    It was the first time staying at the Beach Club as well.
    2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings

I keep saying this but I'd really like to do the GF afternoon tea. We keep threatening to do it but never get round to it.

And that elusive electrical pageant!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: New Disney "Firsts" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    I keep saying this but I'd really like to do the GF afternoon tea. We keep threatening to do it but never get round to it.

And that elusive electrical pageant!
    I've eyeballed that tea time as well. The kiddo would probably love the heck out of it, but the timing really doesn't work as it pulls you out of the park mid-day.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Not too many firsts on our list this time. Just Bibbidi Bibbidi Boutique for my daughter and staying in a studio room at Poly. I had made an ADR at The Boathouse but I am not sure if we will have time.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

Last summer firsts.

Visited Grand Floridian Reort
    Visited Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Visited Polynesian Resort
    Ate at Be Our Guest
    Stayed off site (part of the vacation)
    Ate at Via Napoli
    Shopped at the Disney outlet store
    Rented a car
    Stayed at Pop Century Resort
    Went to House of Blues
    Went to Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (paid the extra for cat. 1 seats and ended up directly in front of the stage)

This year: Going to Disneyland
    Last edited by CrashPQV2; 06-16-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    I'M NOT CRANKY, I JUST LOOK THAT WAY

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    We had a thread of Disney "Firsts" a few years ago, but I felt it was time to start a new one. On your next trip to WDW, what Disney activities will you be doing for the very first time? It could be Disney restaurants, Disney attractions, or Disney recreation (such as mini golf or renting a boat). Here are the firsts we have planned on our next trip. Any tips or advice are welcome. 1. Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner) 2. Trattoria al Forno (breakfast) 3. Boarding our dog at Best Friends Pet Resort I don't think there will be any rides or attractions that will be new to us.
    we are going to Mickeys Christmas Party

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkercat View Post
    we are going to Mickeys Christmas Party
    Very nice, it is my favorite time to go to DisneyWorld. Christmas and DisneyWorld just fit well together.

I have never been into the Enchanted Tiki Room, I'd like to do that for the first time one day.

Some firsts for me this trip:

*Staying at POR
    *Eating at Be Our Guest for lunch
    *Dinner at La Hacienda De San Angel for Illuminations viewing
    *Captain EO- I've never done this in all the years at Disney World but DF is a huge MJ fan.

Curious Alice, when are you going? I'd love to hear how the Grand Floridian cafe is.

I'm sure there will be more. I'd like to book a few more restaurants but I'm traveling with my soon to be DH who is not an adventurous eater! Any suggestions are welcome
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post
    Some firsts for me this trip:

*Staying at POR
    *Eating at Be Our Guest for lunch
    *Dinner at La Hacienda De San Angel for Illuminations viewing
    *Captain EO- I've never done this in all the years at Disney World but DF is a huge MJ fan.

Curious Alice, when are you going? I'd love to hear how the Grand Floridian cafe is.

I'm sure there will be more. I'd like to book a few more restaurants but I'm traveling with my soon to be DH who is not an adventurous eater! Any suggestions are welcome
    I don't think Captain EO is there anymore. On our last trip it was replaced by a 15-minute trailer for the movie Tomorrowland.

We will be there in December, so I'll report back.

Which area of POR will you be in? We honeymooned there.

We've done the IllumiNations thing at Hacienda de San Angel. If you don't get a window table, you don't see much. We got to our ADR pretty early, but still didn't get seated at the window. I liked the decor and the food, but sitting inside just doesn't compare to the experience of seeing IllumiNations outdoors in all its glory.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

I will be honeymooning there as well! All I know is I have a Pool View Room (that was all that was left for the free dining offer. I would like to stay in the Mansions. Where did you stay?

Hmmm, should I change my ADR? My reservation is for 7:45 and I really want to see Illuminations. I was going to do Rose and Crown but DF wasn't too interested in the menu.

Thanks for updating me on Captain EO. You are right, they are showing a trailer for Inside Out at the moment. We will just have to see what is playing when we are there in September.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Personally, I prefer watching the fireworks outside to get the full experience (love the big booms!). We did the indoors thing because we've seen IllumiNations a zillion times and we were seeing it again on another night during our trip. It's a less than ideal way to watch them, in my opinion.

We stayed in the Magnolia Bend Mansions, but we were in a quiet area of the resort. I'm not familiar with the layout around the pool, so I don't know how that is. Might be noisy. Winkster might be able to answer that question.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

A couple of firsts for this next trip actually. It will be our first time attempting to eat vegan at Disney world. It will also be our first time playing sorcerers of the magic kingdom.

Oh and also our first time staying at Old Key West. We are going to rent dvc points for the next couple trips to see if buying in is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by alexksmith88 View Post
    A couple of firsts for this next trip actually. It will be our first time attempting to eat vegan at Disney world. It will also be our first time playing sorcerers of the magic kingdom. Oh and also our first time staying at Old Key West. We are going to rent dvc points for the next couple trips to see if buying in is worth it.
    I'm very interested in hearing how the DVC points rental goes. We've thought about doing it just to do something different.

And my favorite place for vegan food at WDW is in Morocco at Epcot.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

First for me for October:
    1. Staying at POR, we've visited there but have never stayed
    2. Be Our Guest for Lunch
    3. 7 Dwarves Mine Train
    4. 1900 Park Fare for dinner
    5. MNSSH
    6. Visiting a water park
    1983- First trip, MK & EPCOT
    1986- Second Trip, My grandmother got tickled silly by Pluto because she would not smile while he was giving her hugs. It lasted for 15 minutes! Best part of the trip
    2010- Third trip, my girls first trip. Was so magical
    2012- second trip for kiddos, Christmas time Spectacular. First DCL, over New Years Eve.So unbelievable!
    2015- Going again in October for the MiNSSH. Staying at POR.
    2016- June. Staying at POR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast