pools at other resorts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool pools at other resorts

Hi everyone!
    I wanted to know if we could visit the other pools at the different resorts? My son really wants to visit the animal kingdom lodge pool.

Re: pools at other resorts

While I have never done it, I couldn't see any reason why not. You can eat at any restaurant at any resort. Last summer, we explored all the resorts we will never be able to afford to stay at. We walked through the property, by the pools, checked out everything and never were we questioned as to why we were there
    I'M NOT CRANKY, I JUST LOOK THAT WAY

You can visit, but unfortunately pool hopping is not aloud. Some resorts even have gates now where you are not aloud to enter without your magic band that recognizes you as a resort guest.

The only exception would be if you are a DVC member. Then you can pool hop at most resorts, but even then there are some restrictions.

ETA: Just wanted to clarify, the gates are for the pools. You can visit the resort all you like.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-16-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Last Trip: Oct 2015
    Upcoming: Feb 2016
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)
    **Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally, Golly, what a day!**

aww that . Next time we will have to stay at animal kingdom lodge just to go to that pool. lol

I was just at Amina's kingdom lodge in April and it wasn't a gated pool so I'm sure you could if you wanted to

You aren't supposed to, and if the pool is crowded you may be asked to leave (that said, I've never seen anyone get caught).

AoA has a gate around its main pool that your magic band activates (it checks to make sure you are a guest at AoA. I THINK (but don't quote me on this) that Yacht Club likewise has one.

If you are an All Star, you can pool hop between the other All Stars. You can likewise do the same at the Port Orleans resorts (which I'd recommend if at POFQ...the PORS pool is MUCH cooler! But, my kiddo was fine with POFQ's pool, so we just stayed there). DVC members, as mentioned, can hop between DVC resort pools EXCEPT Yacht and Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I don't break these rules (even though the odds of getting caught are slim) because I don't want Disney to crack down on them. So, officially, I'd say don't do it. Unofficially, you could probably get away with it. And, if you do get questioned and asked to leave, just plead ignorance and be polite about it. But, if the pool isn't crowded and your kid isn't causing trouble, odds are no one will say a word.

Now, if you know someone staying at the resort and are their guest, you are allowed to pool-hop. So...that's another option, if you know someone staying at AKL at the same time as your trip.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    You aren't supposed to, and if the pool is crowded you may be asked to leave (that said, I've never seen anyone get caught).

AoA has a gate around its main pool that your magic band activates (it checks to make sure you are a guest at AoA. I THINK (but don't quote me on this) that Yacht Club likewise has one.

If you are an All Star, you can pool hop between the other All Stars. You can likewise do the same at the Port Orleans resorts (which I'd recommend if at POFQ...the PORS pool is MUCH cooler! But, my kiddo was fine with POFQ's pool, so we just stayed there). DVC members, as mentioned, can hop between DVC resort pools EXCEPT Yacht and Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I don't break these rules (even though the odds of getting caught are slim) because I don't want Disney to crack down on them. So, officially, I'd say don't do it. Unofficially, you could probably get away with it. And, if you do get questioned and asked to leave, just plead ignorance and be polite about it. But, if the pool isn't crowded and your kid isn't causing trouble, odds are no one will say a word.

Now, if you know someone staying at the resort and are their guest, you are allowed to pool-hop. So...that's another option, if you know someone staying at AKL at the same time as your trip.
    100% correct. Also, the Polynesian also has a gated entry now, so you would not be able to enter there either.
    Treehouses(2) Vaca. Villas(2) Poly(1) Contemporary(1) CSR(1) CBR(4) POR(1) Sports(4) OKW(1) SSR(2) AKL(1)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    100% correct. Also, the Polynesian also has a gated entry now, so you would not be able to enter there either.
    Ah, they must have put that in when they did the DVC / Bungalow upgrades? I suspect we'll see that coming to more resorts soon...
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    Ah, they must have put that in when they did the DVC / Bungalow upgrades? I suspect we'll see that coming to more resorts soon...
    They added the gate with the new pool renovation. I think you're right, we will probably see a lot more put in.

Thanks again. I will be staying at the AoA. I guess we will stick to our own pools.

Couldn't hurt to throw your suits in a bag and check out akl see if you can get in

I can confirm that you must be staying at the Yacht and Beach Clubs to use the Stormalong Bay pool complex. When I was there last month there was an attendant at all of the entry points and you had to tap your band to get in. They gave out bracelets you could wear to leave and enter the pool area because you have to leave the gated area to get to the top of the shipwreck slide. My family saw people get turned away who were not guests at those two hotels.

We are DVC members that said there are pools we can not hop to such as art or animation, Bay Lake or Beach Club ( sad love the sand bottom) however unless it's the main pool I have never had to show my membership except the ones you can't use I would assume you would have issues getting in as most are gated...This also being said we have never actually but once used this option because there are so many other things to do that we find we swim in the evening to relax before laying our heads down for the night!!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breaths away!

If you can dream it, You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by torinshadow View Post
    Couldn't hurt to throw your suits in a bag and check out akl see if you can get in
    No, because it isn't allowed. Why break the rules
    Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 14-18, 2015
    TD Moderator

It was just My opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast