Gone Cheese sauce gone

Gone Cheese sauce gone

I just read on Facebook from a disney food blog that Disney world is cutting the cheese sauce from their condiment island from places like pecos, caseys and comic Rays.
    This is a real bummer! I loved having cheese fries at these places or topping my burgers with mushrooms and cheese or just grabbing a little tub while walking around for a snack. I know the last part sounds yuck but I can't be the only person who does this.
    Then to make matter worst the reasoning behind it is " its too messy or a legal battle from years ago".
    I think they are just cutting more costs.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Re: Gone Cheese sauce gone

This came up a few weeks ago in other parts of the web, and has been confirmed true as of this weekend by people at the parks.

The sauce is gone, but seems to be available behind the counter still at some venues, by request.

This happened a few years ago (not that I followed it then, but a simple google search brings it up), and it was a short term result of a lawsuit that was pending. I suspect it's the same this time. Someone didn't watch their kid (or themselves), they got "burned", and sued.

That said, considering the money they dumped into RapidRefill (which is an oxymoron of a name, it's far from as "rapid" as non chipped cups and bev bars), a simple cost cut wouldn't surprise me much. But, it's a rather low cost item to cut, considering the cheese has an extremely long shelf life compared to other items, like the sauteed mushrooms and onions, which have to be replaced several times a day, and require far more prep labor.

There's someone at the park today who is looking into it further who I trust...I'll be curious to see what he comes back with.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Thanks englandgg, keep me updated. Well I'm very sad but I at least feel better that its more about the law suits.
    It's terrible that someone one would sue disney over that but oh well I guess people come in all shapes and sizes.
    Last edited by Freshee61; 06-21-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Talk Disney Moderator

[QUOTE="englanddg;533771"] the cheese has an extremely long shelf life /QUOTE]

Plastic cheese...ugh!

But I really don't get the lawsuit. It's like that person who sued McDonald's (?) over the hot coffee. It's sad that the 4-year-old at Disney was burned, but I think the parents should have been more responsible and aware. Hot food is hot!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Exactly!!! I give the lil tubs to my kids and that the first thing I say it's hot watch it and they're 12 and 4.

Talk Disney Moderator

Several years ago I burned myself at Pecos Bills with something hot that squirted out at the fixins bar. I think it was barbecue sauce for some reason. (Would the bbq sauce have been hot?) Of course we joked about suing disney but obviously we didn't or I'd be typing this from my luxury home in Golden Oak instead of my house in the 'burbs of New York right now! dde00
    Last edited by i heart disney3; 06-22-2015 at 09:43 PM.

It's was officially announce that this past week there is no more cheese now

Talk Disney Moderator

Tragic for the taste buds but probably beneficial for the heart.