Rare Chip and Dale Big Fig Statue 31" Tall

Rare Chip and Dale Big Fig Statue 31" Tall

Has anyone seen this statue before? It is 31 inches tall and separates at the wood stump base. It is a huge statue to say the least. Apparently only 250 were ever made as it being a limited edition. I'd love to get an estimate on it's value. I'd have to guess it would be around $800+ to be conservative. I'm a huge Chip and Dale fan and I'd love to find some other Chip and Dale fans with collections. This is only one piece in mine but I've never seen it before so I just had to buy it. I just want to see if I paid a fair price for it or not. It's amazing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_e6c5dfaa10bb290f60d4a3d3cdd18055.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	9249

Re: Rare Chip and Dale Big Fig Statue 31" Tall

Quote Originally Posted by Wixler View Post
    Has anyone seen this statue before? It is 31 inches tall and separates at the wood stump base. It is a huge statue to say the least. Apparently only 250 were ever made as it being a limited edition. I'd love to get an estimate on it's value. I'd have to guess it would be around $800+ to be conservative. I'm a huge Chip and Dale fan and I'd love to find some other Chip and Dale fans with collections. This is only one piece in mine but I've never seen it before so I just had to buy it. I just want to see if I paid a fair price for it or not. It's amazing.

Name:	1_e6c5dfaa10bb290f60d4a3d3cdd18055.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	9249
    I mean this with the best of intentions...value, in the case of items like this, is in the eye of the beholder.

If you purchased it, and it was limited edition that small, it should have come with a certificate of authenticity either as a document, or as a hologram/laminated sticker on the bottom.

An artists signature enough won't do it.

That said, I do understand. I paid a premium price for several Disney Paintings that were "limited edition" that I adore. I doubt I'd be able to sell them, if I marketed them right now, for much more than what I paid for them retail.

But, to me, they are priceless.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

I completely understand about valuing it as what people would pay. If this was a legitimate statue I'd be more than willing to pay what I had previously posted, however I'm a superfan so that might not go for others. Also yeah there is a stamping underneath claiming it's authenticity. What scares me is it was made in China. It's from a Disney Auctions, and an address at 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank California 91521 - 7691. Any info on this would make me feel better because I believe its real but I can't find anything online about this. It didn't come with a box just the two pieces.

Name:	chip and dale authenticity.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	9250

I completely understand about valuing it as what people would pay. If this was a legitimate statue I'd be more than willing to pay what I had previously posted, however I'm a superfan so that might not go for others. Also yeah there is a stamping underneath claiming it's authenticity. What scares me is it was made in China. It's from a Disney Auctions, and an address at 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank California 91521 - 7691. Any info on this would make me feel better because I believe its real but I can't find anything online about this. It didn't come with a box just the two pieces.

Name:	chip and dale authenticity.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	9250
    I can see why the made in China would make you a bit hesitant.

I've got nothing to do tonight, with the information you provided, I'll see if my Google-fu can help you find an answer.

Fingers crossed it's a good one! It really is a stunning piece, regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Found out some information.

Yes, it is legit. You should probably write/contact Disney Auctions to get your Certificate of Authenticity reissued from them. That will help the value.

It was released as a Disney Auctions exclusive in 2005.

That stamp on the bottom that says "Disney Auctions" and the number produced is exactly what Disney Auctions was doing at that point (no artist signatures, etc). The Disney Auctions Big Fig characters were not individually numbered either, just the total run (as your stamp shows).

And, yes, the original separated from the stump (so that shouldn't concern you).

I think you've got yourself an original. That said, finding value for it has proven a bit difficult. Based on other Disney Auctions Big Figs that were not specialized (like for a holiday, or something highly prized) that came out around that time, I'd say it's fair to assume it is worth somewhere between $300 and $800.

You may wish to contact Theme Park Connection or Jim Hill Media. Both of them may be able to get you pointed in the right direction in terms of value.

Good luck!
    Last edited by englanddg; 06-27-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

You are more than amazing, I hardly found anything on this in my spare time for the past few months. Would it shock you to know I paid $29.95 for it and it is in near mint condition. I can't even find a scratch on it. One of my big box thrift shops near me one day had a massive arrival of disney collectables. I guess someone with no next of kin passed away and it all went to the thrift store. I don't really care much of the value to sell it, rather just the information about it. I don't think I'll be getting rid of this piece for a very long time however I'd want to get a COA for it.

You are more than amazing, I hardly found anything on this in my spare time for the past few months. Would it shock you to know I paid $29.95 for it and it is in near mint condition. I can't even find a scratch on it. One of my big box thrift shops near me one day had a massive arrival of disney collectables. I guess someone with no next of kin passed away and it all went to the thrift store. I don't really care much of the value to sell it, rather just the information about it. I don't think I'll be getting rid of this piece for a very long time however I'd want to get a COA for it.
    Hahaha, yeah, I came across one of your posts in another forum about it when I was searching that you made back in January. You drug a thread that had been dead for years back from the grave (and I noted that no one responded). I was in that thread looking for a list, but the best comprehensive list I found was from Jim Hill, and it ended in 2004. That said, this was certainly part of the 2005 release.

You certainly want a CoA. The original would have come with one, but if your suspicion is correct, it was probably an estate dump and the people handling the estate didn't know to connect the two (assuming the original owner kept it).

Here's the stamp from another Big Fig (later issue), but just to give you some confirmation / peace of mind about yours.

Name:  BigFigAlienStitchD.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  10.5 KB

As far as the CoA, it will look something like this:

Name:	i1967swpressbkcoa.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	9252

I'd give them a call. 1-800-328-0899

Not sure of the hours (also not sure if that's still the number, the source I got it from was from 2005), however I did confirm that Disney Auctions still exists, it's just been rolled up under the Disney Store, so if that number doesn't work (I'd try it Monday through Friday around mid day), you could try reaching out to the Disney Store for more information.

Also, as I noted, Theme Park Connection could help you get pointed in the right direction.

http://www.themeparkconnection.com/

Or, a well placed letter with several photographs could work (but would be slower, and may not catch the right person's attention).

They may ask you to ship it to them for verification, and there may be a fee involved. I'm not sure. But, as I noted, from everything I found, it looks like you've got the real deal.

Here are some of the places I found info (for your perusal).

Article about "Big Figs"

Part 1
    Disney Big Figures: Where They Began, Where They Are Now and Where Are They Going?

Part 2
    Big Fig Update Conclusion

The article that tipped me off that it was a 2005 release (found through a google image search, scroll down, you'll find your fig there under the Disney Auctions section!)

Disney Big Fig's: A New Year of Releases

Here's a guy who has your Big Fig in his collection, sans stump! You can see it starting at 25 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Qv...onToyCollector

Glad to help, Cheers!
    Last edited by englanddg; 06-28-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Thank You so much for all your help. You went well above and beyond for just another person posting on a forum. I appreciate it immensely. I'll post an update on this thread if I ever get the CoA and let you know whats going on.