Dining Plan Question

Dining Plan Question

I have been reading that you can use a Quick Service Meal Plan Credit as two Snack Credits. I am wondering if anyone can verify this..?

According to recent posts and a few websites as of May 31st this has come into play, but Englandd a guy on here will probably be able to confirm more, he knows loads about this sort of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Disneybelle View Post
    According to recent posts and a few websites as of May 31st this has come into play, but Englandd a guy on here will probably be able to confirm more, he knows loads about this sort of stuff

Ha yes he seems very knowledgable and renowned on here. Thanks so much!!

You're welcome, this will be my first time doing the dining plan, so I'm always looking out for any info on it, I want to make sure I'm in the know so I can make the most of my credits. I'm going for two weeks so I will be eating a lot haha.

You're welcome, this will be my first time doing the dining plan, so I'm always looking out for any info on it, I want to make sure I'm in the know so I can make the most of my credits. I'm going for two weeks so I will be eating a lot haha.
    Same. My first time going as a grown up (on our honey moon) so I wanna be sure we get the best use!

Oh wow congratulations, I went on my honeymoon last year!! Oh well you really need to go all out with all the steaks and most expensive places to get the benefits. Have you been on wdwinfo.com? The have lists of all the restaurants and the menus and have some really good info on he dining plan too. I always end up reading all the moms panel info on the Disney website too I don't go until next September but I'm already preparing haha.

Oh wow congratulations, I went on my honeymoon last year!! Oh well you really need to go all out with all the steaks and most expensive places to get the benefits. Have you been on wdwinfo.com? The have lists of all the restaurants and the menus and have some really good info on he dining plan too. I always end up reading all the moms panel info on the Disney website too I don't go until next September but I'm already preparing haha.
    Haha we go in August but I've been researching since January, so I get it!! We each picked out one of our favorite places, two new places that only one of us has been to so we can share a new experience with each other, and then we decided on one together. I'm super excited ☺️☺️☺️ hubby isn't a big breakfast/lunch eater though so if he can use his Quick Service for snacks instead of a whole meal, I know he'll be taking advantage of that!!!

Did it make for a good honeymoon?

Oh best ever, it was just so much fun!! Loads of people were congratulating us and we got so much free stuff, you get a special call from mickey and Minnie too, that was rather exciting haha!! We brought the memory maker as well don't know if you have ever bought it, but if you haven't I would honestly recommend it, we have soooo many photos from all the photo points and every photo on every ride we went I no matter how many times, there are some really great memories to be captured. I'm not really one who enjoys just a sit down holiday I have to be active and going out and about. There are some really great romAntic places too though, if you just wanted a nice romantic meal for the two of you Disney boardwalk is the best or Epcot, so much romance and beautiful decor surrounding you.

Oh best ever, it was just so much fun!! Loads of people were congratulating us and we got so much free stuff, you get a special call from mickey and Minnie too, that was rather exciting haha!! We brought the memory maker as well don't know if you have ever bought it, but if you haven't I would honestly recommend it, we have soooo many photos from all the photo points and every photo on every ride we went I no matter how many times, there are some really great memories to be captured. I'm not really one who enjoys just a sit down holiday I have to be active and going out and about. There are some really great romAntic places too though, if you just wanted a nice romantic meal for the two of you Disney boardwalk is the best or Epcot, so much romance and beautiful decor surrounding you.

So glad you have all those great memories!!! (: thanks for all the great suggestions too!

You are welcome, sorry for the bombardment of text in each of my submissions I get a bit Carried away! Have a magical honeymoon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmberTerry View Post
    I have been reading that you can use a Quick Service Meal Plan Credit as two Snack Credits. I am wondering if anyone can verify this..?
    Yes, you can. Actually, the trade is for three snacks, but they must be done in the same transaction. Meaning, you can go to Goofys Candy Company at DTD and trade it out for three rice crispy treats, or any three snack eligible items that have the DDP logo next to them on their display card / menu, but you have to get them all at the same time (per credit exchanged).

There are also limits on the venues that are participating in this plan. The full list is:

Artist's Palette (SS)
    BayView Gifts (CR)
    Beach Club Market Place (BC)
    Calypso Trading Co. (CBR)
    Conch Flat (OKW)
    Donald's Double Feature (ASM)
    Dundy's Sundries (BW)
    Everything Pop (Pop)
    Fittings and Fairings (YC)
    Fulton's General Store (PORS)
    Ink and Paint (AoA)
    Jackson Square (PORS)
    Johari Treasures (AKL)
    M. Mouse Mercantile (GF)
    Maestro Mickey (ASM)
    Moana Mercantile (PR)
    On the Boardwalk (BW)
    Panchito's Gifts and Sundries (CS)
    Sandy Cove (GF)
    Seashore Sweets (BW)
    Settlement Trading Post (FW)
    Sport Goofy Gifts and Sundries (All Star Sports)
    Wilderness Mercantile (WL)
    Zawadi Marketplace (AKL)
    Big Top Souvenir (MK)
    Confectionary (MK)
    Prairie Outpost (MK)
    Karamell-Küche (EP)
    Beverly Sunset (HS)
    Writer's Stop (HS)
    Mombasa Marketplace (AK)
    Candy Cauldron (DTD)
    Goofy's Candy Co. (DTD)

That said, imho, it's really not the best use of credits. It's a good way to clear out any unused credits at the end of a trip (by getting snacks to take home, I do that with unused snack credits from my DLX plan, co-workers friends and family all love Rice Crispy Treats as post vacation gifts!).

There's a lot of good and unique QS options out there, I'd suggest if your husband isn't into breakfast, he just use them to get a quick snack at some of these places. Even if he doesn't consume the entire meal.

An example, get the mac and cheese dog from Fairfax Fare that's drizzled in white truffle oil. Or snag a turkey leg and split it between the two of you as you watch the parade from Frontierland. Lots of savory options aside from trading it out for snacks.

For a general breakdown of what the DDP is and how it works, check out the Mission Disney report on it!

You can read it here.

http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/mis...tml#post533522
    Last edited by englanddg; 06-30-2015 at 03:28 AM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Quote Originally Posted by englanddg View Post
    Yes, you can. Actually, the trade is for three snacks, but they must be done in the same transaction. Meaning, you can go to Goofys Candy Company at DTD and trade it out for three rice crispy treats, or any three snack eligible items that have the DDP logo next to them on their display card / menu, but you have to get them all at the same time (per credit exchanged). There are also limits on the venues that are participating in this plan. The full list is: Artist's Palette (SS) BayView Gifts (CR) Beach Club Market Place (BC) Calypso Trading Co. (CBR) Conch Flat (OKW) Donald's Double Feature (ASM) Dundy's Sundries (BW) Everything Pop (Pop) Fittings and Fairings (YC) Fulton's General Store (PORS) Ink and Paint (AoA) Jackson Square (PORS) Johari Treasures (AKL) M. Mouse Mercantile (GF) Maestro Mickey (ASM) Moana Mercantile (PR) On the Boardwalk (BW) Panchito's Gifts and Sundries (CS) Sandy Cove (GF) Seashore Sweets (BW) Settlement Trading Post (FW) Sport Goofy Gifts and Sundries (All Star Sports) Wilderness Mercantile (WL) Zawadi Marketplace (AKL) Big Top Souvenir (MK) Confectionary (MK) Prairie Outpost (MK) Karamell-Küche (EP) Beverly Sunset (HS) Writer's Stop (HS) Mombasa Marketplace (AK) Candy Cauldron (DTD) Goofy's Candy Co. (DTD) That said, imho, it's really not the best use of credits. It's a good way to clear out any unused credits at the end of a trip (by getting snacks to take home, I do that with unused snack credits from my DLX plan, co-workers friends and family all love Rice Crispy Treats as post vacation gifts!). There's a lot of good and unique QS options out there, I'd suggest if your husband isn't into breakfast, he just use them to get a quick snack at some of these places. Even if he doesn't consume the entire meal. An example, get the mac and cheese dog from Fairfax Fare that's drizzled in white truffle oil. Or snag a turkey leg and split it between the two of you as you watch the parade from Frontierland. Lots of savory options aside from trading it out for snacks. For a general breakdown of what the DDP is and how it works, check out the Mission Disney report on it! You can read it here. http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/mis...tml#post533522

Wow! Thanks for all the info! Will definitely make note of it (:

I still haven't seen anything official from WDW but this should confirm what englanddg has said...

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015...nts-begin.html
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Dining Plan Question

Quote Originally Posted by Winkster View Post
    I still haven't seen anything official from WDW but this should confirm what englanddg has said...

Orlando Theme Park News: Disney Dining Plan Enhancements Begin May 31, 2015
    Without getting into other sources, I'm fairly sure this is accurate.

That said, I've traded TS credits for Snack Credits before, this isn't "new", it's just "newly official", for lack of a better term?

I'd love to see a Disneyparksblog or WDW site posting on it, but...I doubt we will.

The best I can say is that, it most likely is true (several sites have "confirmed" it), but go in with a "grain of salt" that you'll get turned down?
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA