Playgroups at Best Friends Pet Resort

Playgroups at Best Friends Pet Resort

We've boarded our dog in Best Friends' VIP suites a couple times so far. Yes, they're expensive, but I wouldn't board him in the other rooms at Best Friends because they seem depressing.

I love that the VIP suite is big enough for us to walk around inside and play with him, and that he gets special attention. I love that the room has a webcam so we can check up on him. I love that rooms get daylight and he can see outside. I love that the VIP suites are away from the rest of the kennel because it's quieter and we have a nervous dog. I love that we get a report card of his behavior at every playgroup and one big report card at the end of the stay.

But one thing baffles me and I can't seem to get an answer that makes sense from the people who work there. As a VIP guest, our dog is entitled to a choice of either two 30-minute playgroups or one 4-hour playgroup and there's no difference in price. How is that fair?

I would rather have our dog's playtime split into twice a day because I think four hours at a time would just be too long for him. But it seems like he's getting gypped to only get two 30-minute playgroups as the alternative.

Does anyone understand this? We're boarding him there again in December, so I'll have to make that choice.
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    We've boarded our dog in Best Friends' VIP suites a couple times so far. Yes, they're expensive, but I wouldn't board him in the other rooms at Best Friends because they seem depressing. I love that the VIP suite is big enough for us to walk around inside and play with him, and that he gets special attention. I love that the room has a webcam so we can check up on him. I love that rooms get daylight and he can see outside. I love that the VIP suites are away from the rest of the kennel because it's quieter and we have a nervous dog. I love that we get a report card of his behavior at every playgroup and one big report card at the end of the stay. But one thing baffles me and I can't seem to get an answer that makes sense from the people who work there. As a VIP guest, our dog is entitled to a choice of either two 30-minute playgroups or one 4-hour playgroup and there's no difference in price. How is that fair? I would rather have our dog's playtime split into twice a day because I think four hours at a time would just be too long for him. But it seems like he's getting gypped to only get two 30-minute playgroups as the alternative. Does anyone understand this? We're boarding him there again in December, so I'll have to make that choice.

That is very odd... 30 minutes is very short so they really don't leave you with a choice but to choose the longer time.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium