BTDT - Going Back!

BTDT - Going Back!

Hi all! Spent many family vacays at WDW with my four kids while they were growing up. Now the nest is empty and I'm planning a grown up trip. I'm a little nervous because five years ago I lost my lower left leg in an accident and I haven't been to WDW since. Not sure what to expect this time around with a prosthetic and with all the changes at the parks since I last visited, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I hope that spending time with you all will help me get past the jitters and help me plan a great trip. Thanks!

Welcome Td! So sorry about the accident but glad you are planning a trip to the happiest most magical place on earth! I hope you have a magical time on your trip. Are you staying on a property resort? If so just in case they offer free non motorized wheelchairs for use at resort.
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post
    Welcome Td! So sorry about the accident but glad you are planning a trip to the happiest most magical place on earth! I hope you have a magical time on your trip. Are you staying on a property resort? If so just in case they offer free non motorized wheelchairs for use at resort.
    Thank you! I am so very excited. YES always stay on property and I'm thinking I'll just bring my small fold up "companion chair" (doesn't have the big wheels) it is less cumbersome and will be less obtrusive in the lines. If necessary my fiancé can push me or I can push it myself like a walker when I'm able to. Thanks for the tip and I will inquire at the resort...good backup plan just in case!