Our Annual December WDW Vacation

Our Annual December WDW Vacation

Just got back from 5 days at WDW. We stayed at a very nice timeshare just outside of WDW.

Restaurants we went to for the first time included Flying Fish for dinner (disappointed), Trattoria de Forno for brunch (good), Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner (very nice), Nine Dragons (average Chinese food; good, but nothing new), Tusker House for lunch (fun, good).

We also went to Kona Cafe, Boma, La Cava del Tequila, Belle Vue Lounge (BoardWalk), Captain Cook's (Tonga Toast!), Tune-In Lounge, Mizner's Lounge, and Trader Sam's. (I'm probably forgetting something.)

We also went to MVMCP. Last year, they toned down the Christmas tag at the end of IllumiNations, which was a terrible disappointment. I guess a lot of people complained because this year the 2-minute tag was AMAZING!!! The final explosion was the biggest I've ever seen anywhere. We went to see it a second time, it was so good.

We also went to the Osbourne Lights for the last time. I can't believe they're discontinuing it. I hope they bring it back in the future. It's one of my favorite things to do at WDW.

On our last night, I finally caved in and spent $7.95 on a gingerbread shingle at the Grand Floridian's giant gingerbread house. Sooooo disappointing. It's extremely dry. If we had been there longer, I would have taken it back. What a waste of money!

I did a good job of NOT spending money on souvenirs, but I bought a sterling silver Celtic necklace at the UK shop and a new bottle of perfume in Norway to replace the one I used up. Weather was too warm to feel Christmas-y, but at least it didn't rain. All in all, it was a good trip.

Oh, and the coolest thing was our seasonal passes. We bought them on the last day before they changed to the new system, which is a lot more expensive. When we exchanged our vouchers at the ticket booth, they gave us the new silver passes, which means we saved about $100 for each pass!!!
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14, Dec '14, Feb '15, Mar '15, Apr '15, May '15, Aug '15, Oct '15, Dec '15

Sounds like a great trip!

Re: Our Annual December WDW Vacation

Sounds like you had fun! Wish I lived close enough to do more frequent trips!
    AusDisneyFan