2 days for the first time

2 days for the first time

Hey y'all! I have a coworker that has asked me to help her plan her first time to WDW! She only has 2 days and wants it very cheap. I turn to you my fellow Disney "freaks". (I say that with love) I am leaning toward All-Star Music but I don't know which parks. Ideas? Any help would be great!
    -Coach Alec S

That's exciting! I love helping out when people ask for advice on their trips!
    Well, Magic Kingdom is a must of course! But we need we need a little more info to figure out the rest. How many people are going? Adults? Kids? Ages of kids?

Quote Originally Posted by i heart disney3 View Post
    That's exciting! I love helping out when people ask for advice on their trips! Well, Magic Kingdom is a must of course! But we need we need a little more info to figure out the rest. How many people are going? Adults? Kids? Ages of kids?
    It will either be a single adult or up to 3 total. My coworker said that no matter what, she wants to visit Disney. The age range is around 25 years old, give or take acouple years.
    -Coach Alec S

I'd say Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Does it have to be a specific two days? Maybe check out which days have extra magic hours at those parks and plan around that so they can get the most time in at the parks. I'd also skip the park hopper to save on cash and just do one day at each park.
    “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote Originally Posted by vanessprincess View Post
    I'd say Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Does it have to be a specific two days? Maybe check out which days have extra magic hours at those parks and plan around that so they can get the most time in at the parks. I'd also skip the park hopper to save on cash and just do one day at each park.

Sadly the days are already set. It also sounds like they will be getting in late on the first day so I suggested Disney Springs (Downtown Disney! I won't give up on that) and then Magic Kingdom on the full day.
    -Coach Alec S

I'm with Vanessprincess. I would recommend magic kingdom and epcot. Does the day that they are arriving late count as one of the 2 days?
    Last edited by i heart disney3; 03-31-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i heart disney3 View Post
    I'm with Vanessprincess. I would recommend magic kingdom and epcot. Does the day that they are arriving late count as one of the 2 days?
    Yes it does. They will arrive on a Saturday around noon to Orlando International Airport and leave early Monday. I know it's not idea but they really want to go to Disney.
    -Coach Alec S

Re: 2 days for the first time

What are the dates? April and May Studios looks to be open til 9:00 or 10:00 on Saturdays with MK open til midnight on Sunday's. I would check for fast passes at Studios and Epcot then decide. That is if they don't mind sleeping on the plane.

I talked with my coworker and they have decided on what they are doing! They will be flying in on a Saturday (afternoon) and staying at All-Star Music. That afternoon they will be exploring Disney Springs. Sunday is a full day at MK. Followed by a day of exploring the resort Monday before leaving. Any chances or ideas that work around that? They want to keep the trip as cheap as possible so a dinner or character breakfast is out.
    -Coach Alec S

Re: 2 days for the first time

What are the dates?

I ask because there may be some special events going on in that timeframe they may (or may not be) interested in to make such a short trip more memorable than "showed up, saw the fireworks, did some shopping, went home"...

I wouldn't spend a Monday Morning at All Star Music, frankly...especially 2 adults...not much to see. But, depending on when their flight is departing, that could be all that is feasible...

Also, for 2 adults (no kids) in their mid-20s, I'd strongly suggest looking at an offsite stay as opposed to an All Star. You can pick up some great deals that are just off Disney Property, and if you are not reliant on a package discount price or dining plan, it's not an issue.

Additionally, even if they choose not to rent a car, Uber there is very cheap and easy to use, and is a great option to get around property for pennies on the dollar compared to higher Disney bus rates that are baked into the onsite busses (assuming they don't USE the onsite busses...which they shouldn't use unless they are resort guests...but, Disney never checks)...
    Last edited by englanddg; 04-15-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA