A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Uni Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLR | Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ
    2015 - 2 in DC, 3 @ Uni Portofino, 3 @ AKL, DCL Fantasy, 4 @ AoA

Re: englanddg's It's a New Year After All

Here's a hint...

Last edited by englanddg; 08-23-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

You're going to Disneyland Paris rather than WDW??

Quote Originally Posted by katmartin2b View Post
    You're going to Disneyland Paris rather than WDW??
    Iceland, Paris and London. Yes.
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

As a Londoner myself, Disneyland Paris is my closest park therefore I've been there the most. The Disneyland Park is beautiful and currently having loads of work done to it in time for its 25th anniversary next year. If you need any advice on DLP or London just give me a shout. Are you going for Christmas? Or did you just put up a Christmas video 😝

As a Londoner myself, Disneyland Paris is my closest park therefore I've been there the most. The Disneyland Park is beautiful and currently having loads of work done to it in time for its 25th anniversary next year. If you need any advice on DLP or London just give me a shout. Are you going for Christmas? Or did you just put up a Christmas video 
    We are going for Christmas, though we are coming in after the 25th. The Christmas celebration is still going on at DLP, however. So, same same (hence the video). New Years will be in London.

The general plan, at this point, is:

Dec 26 - Fly from Washington DC, layover in Iceland. Not sure if I'll make this a day in Iceland and fly to Paris on the 28th, or not.

Dec 27 - Land in Paris mid afternoon (assuming we do not stay in Iceland overnight). Take the Train and do the station hotel check in to New York Hotel. I figure this whole process (customs/imigration, train...which is something like 15 mins...with precheck done through Disney) will have us at the parks no later than 2p, but there's no rush. Do Disney until it closes (7p). Find something to do that evening (perhaps the Mickey Buffalo Bill show?).

Dec 28 - Disney

Dec 29 - Eiffel Tower early, with 3rd level access ticket, taking the RER/Metro from Disney. Lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel. Metro to Cite, taking a long route past the Arch de Triumph for a photo op, and do the walking tour of Notre Dame. Metro to Filles du Callvierre. See the late show of Cirque d'hiver Bouglione. This could change to a full day tour, but finding tours that do the whole city but also allow time to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower are scarce (the Disney sponsored tour, for example, does not allow this). And, going to the top is something the kiddo really wants to do. Take the RER/Metro back to Disney.

Dec 30 - Disney. Maybe venture back to Paris for a nighttime tour of some sort, maybe not.

Dec 31 - Early Eurostar Chunnel to London. Check into Hotel (haven't finalized a hotel yet, but I'm aiming for something around Waterloo Station). 3p Arsenal v. Crystal City game. Take the Tube back to Waterloo after the game and do various things for a few hours in the general area. Then make our way to a New Year's viewing spot. I'm going to attempt to get tickets from the Mayor's Office for New Years at Jubilee Park...but if that falls through there are other venues. They don't go active until the last week or so of Sept, so I have a few weeks to wait before I know the details for that.

Jan 1 - Possibly visit the London Zoo for a few hours early (they open at 10a). Certainly visit Hyde Park and watch at least part of the New Years Parade. Other things.

Jan 2 - Do a Bath/Stonehenge/Etc Tour. See Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that evening, if time allows (final showing is 9p, iirc, but I'd have to check the return time for the tour/trip to see if it's plausible, if not, no biggie, we'll see it the next evening).

Jan 3 - Find things to do for the daytime. Likely Tower Bridge (my personal favorite), London Eye (if we didn't do it earlier already), a Beefeater Tour of the Tower of London, and possibly Hamleys because...it's Hamleys. If there is time, see Les Mis that evening

Jan 4 - Mid day flight out of London back to DC.
    Last edited by englanddg; 08-24-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Sounds like a busy exciting trip can't wait to read you trip report !

I should of known that you had it all planned out 😝 sounds good to me. Love the Hotel New York at DLP but really want to stay at the Newport Bay Hotel now it's been done up. The Hotel New York is in great walking distance to the Disney Village and the park (like 5-10minutes). We also like the Manhattan Restaurant too, although haven't been in there since having kids but if you can try and have your breakfast in there! Happy planning!

I should of known that you had it all planned out  sounds good to me. Love the Hotel New York at DLP but really want to stay at the Newport Bay Hotel now it's been done up. The Hotel New York is in great walking distance to the Disney Village and the park (like 5-10minutes). We also like the Manhattan Restaurant too, although haven't been in there since having kids but if you can try and have your breakfast in there! Happy planning!
    Booking the Disney part of the trip was the hardest part of all...

I will check that out...why breakfast?

Also, is there anything non-Disney you'd recommend?

The kiddo and I are going through french courses twice a week (she does not know why)...

We'll see what happens.
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Because you get breakfast for free in your hotel so you'll either have it in the Manhattan or Park side diner restaurants. Manhattan is better themed. I would suggest dinner in there if you were in Disneyland longer but there are better restaurants.
    Lol French lessons?? The French do speak English you know 😝 you won't have a problem with communicating. But they'll appreciate the effort, just make sure you get the accent down.
    Do you want suggestions for London? I can't give you any for Paris itself, I have been there but mostly with work. What kind of things is your daughter into? Mine loves dinosaurs so loves the National History Museum (free entry) and the Science Museum is pretty cool (round the corner and also free to get in), by the Thames river is London Eye, London Aquarium and Sreks Adventure (pay for), London Zoo is good too, if your daughter is brave there's the London Dungeon (by London Bridge train station), can be a bit scary but they have rides in there too but it's dark inside and it's a lot of London's history about Jack the Ripper, the Towel of London and Traitors Gate. Umm I'll have a bit more of a think, Regent Street and Oxford Street are where all the shops are. If you're a Harry Potter fan, go Hamlies and go to the top floor, they sell amazing wands up there. Much better quality than Universal and they come in really nice boxes. They sell other science fiction/fantasy stuff up there too.

Sounds like an amazing trip.

Make sure you find the Peter Pan statue, I think it's in kensington gardens but that could be my memory playing tricks on me as its been years since I have been there. It will be rather cold so pack warm clothes! Make sure you take a trip on one of the classic double decker buses.

You will absolutely love London because of the history. Have a great time!
    AusDisneyFan

Oh and my advice - the London dungeons is terrifying! I went with dad when I was 15 and couldn't even get through the entrance. Think universal Halloween rather than Disney Halloween with people jumping out and scarying you. They may have changed it in the past 20 years and calmed it down but I was terrified; if you are after that you will love it.

Bath is beautiful - you will love the history. They used to have a great exhibit at Sadlers Wells on the history of London, the blitz and the plague that was a ride but not sure if it's still there!
    AusDisneyFan

No one jumps out at you at the London Dungeon otherwise my husband wouldn't go in there. It's really changed since I went with the school (we went as part of history class). Used to be you just walked around and was left to your own devices. Now it's more of a tour guide and you go around in a group. But as I said it is scary and I don't know how brave your kid is or even how old she is. She might not care about London's history 😝

No one jumps out at you at the London Dungeon otherwise my husband wouldn't go in there. It's really changed since I went with the school (we went as part of history class). Used to be you just walked around and was left to your own devices. Now it's more of a tour guide and you go around in a group. But as I said it is scary and I don't know how brave your kid is or even how old she is. She might not care about London's history dde1d
    Glad to hear it's changed! When I was a kid, we went in 1995 and most definitely they had guys walking around jumping out at you because I almost lost it! We were at the entrance and there was what I thought was a statue with a huge axe and he moved towards me and growled and I screamed and burst into tears and ran out! Quite hysterical now that I look back at it as I was a 15 year old crying screaming wimp!! I had nightmares for years that's why I remembered it so well! Glad they have changed it.
    AusDisneyFan

Really?? That's awful!! No it's definitely not like that anymore. Went maybe four years ago, was very dark in there and obviously it's history about not very pleasant things but it's super interesting. I don't like the idea of people jumping out, I idea of Halloween horror nights at Universal makes me feel ill! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast