Disney Character Voice Ringtones!
DVC Resales Started
    MouseMan is offline Administrator
    Credits

Disney Character Voice Ringtones!

October 22, 2003 10:00 AM US Eastern Timezone

Walt Disney Internet Group to Offer Ring Tones Featuring Character Voices to Sprint Wireless Customers

CTIA Wireless IT and Entertainment 2003

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 22, 2003--Walt Disney Internet Group today announced that it is developing character voice ring tones that will bring the familiar voices of popular Disney and Disney/Pixar characters to mobile phones in the U.S. Disney Mobile voice ring tones are currently slated to launch in the U.S. by the end of the year, and will be available to PCS Vision customers.
    Initially, the character voices will include Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Stitch, Pooh and Tigger. There will be several messages available from each of the characters. For example, one of Mickey's rings will tell customers to "Answer your phone," and another Mickey message will tell customers that "You got a message." One Goofy ring tone will say "Hello? Is anybody there?" and a message alert will tell customers, "Oh boy, you got some mail!" The ring tones can be set for calls, voicemail alerts and alarms.

Individual ring tones or messages are slated to cost $2.50 each for PCS Vision customers.

"We are always looking to extend the Disney magic in the wireless medium and our characters are the heart of that magic. With the technology and market ready for voice ring tones, this is a natural for us," said Larry Shapiro, executive vice president, business development and operations for The Walt Disney Internet Group, which distributes wireless content for the brands of The Walt Disney Company.

Disney Mobile voice ringers have been available in Japan since June 2001. Informational wireless content from Disney, ESPN and ABC has been available in the U.S. for several years, and late last year, Walt Disney Internet Group introduced ring tones and graphics based on Disney characters and properties on earlier wireless platforms. Disney launched its first mobile content in Japan in August 2000 and since then has garnered more than 3.5 million paid subscriptions. It is available now throughout Asia and in Europe.

About Walt Disney Internet Group

Walt Disney Internet Group (WDIG) provides strategic leadership and operational management for The Walt Disney Company's (NYSEIS) Internet properties including category leaders Disney.com, ESPN.com and ABCNEWS.com. A market leader in developing and distributing entertainment and informational content to new platforms, WDIG is committed to creating and delivering products for broadband distribution including: ABC News On Demand, a subscription video news service that offers the Internet's first 24-hour, live Internet-only news channel and top ABC News programs for on demand viewing; Disney Connection; and WDIG Motion, a proprietary video technology for broadband users. Through relationships with some of the world's largest wireless carriers, WDIG distributes content and services to wireless users under the Disney, ESPN and ABC brands. Additionally, WDIG has led the way in developing interactive content for televised programming through its Enhanced TV service. Steve Wadsworth is president of WDIG, which is headquartered in North Hollywood and has operations in Seattle, New York, Orlando, Fla., Tokyo and London.

~o~ MouseMan ~o~ TD Admin ~o~

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

YensidFan is offline Cast Member
    Credits

this will be too funny

minnie*mickey is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    splash moutain
    Credits

hah thats awesome, i just downloaded heigh ho ringtone for my phone i love it, everytime someone calls i break out in song

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...just a dream away"

10 min to wdw is offline Administrator

Credits

yah know there must be 1000 ringtones out there and it seems like anytime I change mine someone else has to be near me with the same ring tone.

Pete Fan is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    wdw
    Credits

i know what you mean - my phone currently rings " under the sea" - havent heard anyone else s phone ring with it yet

i hope these new voices aren't a sprint exclusive - i dont have Sprint

Sean BadPete on VMK

Disneyland1955 is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Disneyland
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Credits

This sounds like it can be a lot of fun. Mine play Grim Grinning Ghost

-Jeff Wayne
    Disneyland Cast Member

Making dreams come true...

gusie is offline Junior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Space Mountain
    Credits

Great Idea ! This will be used alot

mickeysno1fan is offline Junior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    World Showcase
    Credits

Yeah, I listened to some demos on my Verizon phone. Unfortunately, I didn't download any yet. Is it true you pay a monthly fee for these tones??? If it's one-time, I;m all for it, but to pay $4.99 per month! Wow! Talk about your licensing fees! They do sound cool, though.... I may just have to break down and spend the cash. I know what you mean, 10 minutes! I always hear my tone on someone else's phone! UGH!

Kate

I

minnie*mickey is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    splash moutain
    Credits

i pay per download, , what if i dont download one that month thats just stupid

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...just a dream away"

iluvstitch is offline Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Disneyland Anaheim!!
    Favorite Attraction
    splash mountain/ PeterPan
    Credits

I'll just stay happy with my disney princess cordless. I have it set on Ariel.

I Narnia!