Instant Impressions Header
    Believer is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Seeing Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Looking for Disney College of Knowledge

Can any1 tell me more about how to become Disney College of Knowledge certified?

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Seeing Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Unhappy Thanks for overwhelming help.

I posted a question to you and no one offers up any help. If you don't know, you could at least respond.

If you give the world something positive to believe in, they will embrace it!

Click here to become a Talk Disney Premium Member

acleech is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    WDW
    Favorite Attraction
    Rockin' Roller Coaster
    Credits

LOL you want everybody that doesn't know anything about it to post a negative response? There's almost 7,000 accounts listed as members of this board, to expect a response from everyone that has no idea what you're talking about is a bit much I think. Usually you can take a non-response as an answer that nobody knows.

Or maybe it was overlooked, and you simply could have bumped the question.

Aaron

See pictures from our trip to Disney World click on my name and go to my homepage!

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Seeing Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Thanks acleech! I just felt like no one was listening. I have looked and looked online and thought just maybe someone at TD would be able to help. When that didn't happen, I guess I got a little frustrated.

acleech is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    WDW
    Favorite Attraction
    Rockin' Roller Coaster
    Credits

Traffic gets pretty hectic on the boards some days, from what I've seen. Usually if you don't get a reply, it may be your post was overlooked. Just bump the message, and maybe the right person will see it. I'm not one of those people unfortunately

-Aaron

Aaron

See pictures from our trip to Disney World click on my name and go to my homepage!

TorontoAngel is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Not sure I could pick just one
    Favorite Attraction
    The Old Figment Ride!
    Credits

This is what I've found online about it
    The College of Disney Knowledge is an in-depth comprehensive correspondence course offered to U.S., Canadian and Puerto Rican travel agents and wholesale reservationists who are affiliated with ARC, CLIA or IATA. The course allows Travel Agents to develop our expertise about the Disney destinations, including the Disneyland® Resort, Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line® and other Disney vacations like Disney's Vero Beach Resort on Florida's Atlantic coast and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort in South Carolina.

As a participant in the College of Disney Knowledge we receive professional training with a focus on establishing and maintaining relationships through niche marketing itinerary planning and in-depth product knowledge

So you have to be a Travel agent, or Reservationist, if you already are, then one of your associations should be able to give you the information you need in order to obtain this qualification.

Hope that's some help to you.

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Seeing Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Thanks TorontoAngel! That was a huge help. I am not one yet, but thinking of changing careers in that direction.

TorontoAngel is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Not sure I could pick just one
    Favorite Attraction
    The Old Figment Ride!
    Credits

You're very welcome, and I'm glad I could give you a lil info on it. sorry I couldn't find more information.

Best of Luck with whatever career path you choose...... I'm sure you'll fit Disney in there somewheree, no matter what

Chutie is offline Cast Member In Training
    Credits

Hi Believer,

I am a Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - Toronto Angel was correct - it's only for Travel Agents and reservationists - I really enjoyed taking the course. It covers Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and of course Walt Disney World. It is an indepth course that helps those selling the Disney vacations get to know the "worlds" better. Each park has a different book that goes over the differnt lands, resorts, transportation and for the cruise portion, ship layout and room catagory. This prepares us for almost any Disney Vacation questions that may arise from our clients. Each test is multiple choice and if I remember correctly consits of about 50-100 questions. They say each test should take aprox an hour to an hour & 1/2. But if you know the parks at all it really takes much less. California Adventure was the hardest for me having never been there - I kept confusing the lands and their rides... but all in all I got a 100% on each test. About 3 weeks after completing the course and tests you'll receive a certificate that looks similar to many diplomas as well as a College of Knowledge pin and a mickey ears graduation hat. Every year you can update your course if you like. I've found the information extrememly helpful. I think Disney really knows what they are doing by putting that out there.

Good Luck on the change in careers - the Travel Industry is really poor pay - but excellant discounts on all your favorite places to travel!

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Seeing Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Thanks Chutie, for all the great info. I am considering Home-based Disney planning (working under a full service travel agent). But I haven't hooked up with one yet. If I were just starting out, how would I be eligble to qualify for the course? Also, you mentioned how its poor pay. What do you consider "poor pay"?

Chutie is offline Cast Member In Training
    Credits

Well, to be honest - most everything you make in the travel industry is a standard 10% (with only a few exceptions) My sister works out of an office and get's paid salary which is much better in my opinion b/c she doesn't have to worry about upselling - in fact that's one of the things that makes her such a good sales person! (she'd kill me if she saw me write that - she's a member of TD too!)

Anyway - I work out of the house and though I love doing that - the money stinks. If you have a host agency the commission split is usually between 60/40 and 50/50 - depending on how business you bring in and how long you've been in the business... right now I'm at 55/45 - my way - so if you do the math, a $3000 Disney trip for a family of four will bring in $300 commission - of that I get 55%. So a trip that I've spent 4-7 hours planning will only bring in about $160 - not terrible if you book trips all day long - but if it's more of a part time/ on the side thing, then that's pretty horrible pay - on the upside if I take a trip myself to Disney I get 50% off the lowest price - in fact we stayed at the Beach Club in May for 8 nights for $1000 - that's a huge deal.

So when you count in the lack of pay with the signifigant savings - all in all if you do end up traveling alot you're not making too bad money!

As far as host companies - I'd steer clear of Mouseears or whatever that company is called - they charge a $400 fee just to start up with them... my sister almost did - but then she realized that anyone that you are making money for should not charge you a thing to sell for them. In fact - she's got 3 offers from other companies that took a look at how much Disney she's sold in the last few years and now she's the one in control of making her commission - I'll let you know how that all goes - she's tired of working out of the office... I don't blame her - I love working out of my home!

mervanvp is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

Re: Looking for Disney College of Knowledge

I too would like to find an official Disney College of Knowledge.