Value Resorts Art of animation family suites...
Instant Impressions Header
    laureliz13 is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot/magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Expedition Everest
    Favorite Parade
    Move it shake it
    Favorite Character
    Donald, daisy, figment
    Credits

Art of animation family suites...

We are planning on taking another trip in January and this will be the first time I will be traveling with more than one other person. There will be 5 total adults. They all want to stay at A of A. I've only stayed at pop and once at poly when I was little. I wanted to stay at POR but anyways lol.. From experience are these suites big enough for 5 adults? There are two bathrooms right? I know there's only 1 actual bedroom. It's $300 dollars less than having 3 little mermaid rooms. I'm worried we won't even be able to get 3 separate rooms as we can't book until december because of work issues and making sure my husband and brother in law will be off

laureliz13's Lanyard
    Expedition EverestHaunted Mansion
    Laur

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

HannahLeigh is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Splash Mountain
    Favorite Character
    Mickey
    Credits

Re: Art of animation family suites...

First of all, being you will have more than 2 adults in the room Disney will charge an additional $10/per/night. So an additional $30/night for the 3 "extra" adults over the 2 "allowed" per room.

Second, when in January? If it isn't the first week or marathon weekend then you should be just fine and able to get a room. MLK weekend may also be a little more booked up but aside from those times, January is pretty empty and available.

HannahLeigh's Lanyard
    Walt Dsney WorldAll Star Sports
    -HannahLeigh

dsyplanninmomma is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Attraction
    Toy Story Mania
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by HannahLeigh
    First of all, being you will have more than 2 adults in the room Disney will charge an additional $10/per/night. So an additional $30/night for the 3 "extra" adults over the 2 "allowed" per room.

Second, when in January? If it isn't the first week or marathon weekend then you should be just fine and able to get a room. MLK weekend may also be a little more booked up but aside from those times, January is pretty empty and available.
    Suites are the only exception to the $10 per Adult, you do not get charged for "extra" adults over 2.

Agreed about January, mostly open just a couple weekends that get a little busy but that's it. If you think you could make the decision on if you need to cancel or not more than 45 days prior to the date you are looking at you can get a room and just pay the deposit. You will get the deposit back if you cancel 45 days or prior to your check-in day. Then you wouldn't have to worry about room availability once it gets closer.

laureliz13 is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot/magic kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Expedition Everest
    Favorite Parade
    Move it shake it
    Favorite Character
    Donald, daisy, figment
    Credits

Wow that's a lot in extra charges. It'll be the last week in January I think the 26? We went the same time this year and everything was empty we walked onto every ride. I'm thinking we'd probably be better with 3 separate rooms so we aren't on top of each other the whole time

laureliz13's Lanyard
    Expedition EverestHaunted Mansion
    Laur

HannahLeigh is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Splash Mountain
    Favorite Character
    Mickey
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by laureliz13

Wow that's a lot in extra charges. It'll be the last week in January I think the 26? We went the same time this year and everything was empty we walked onto every ride. I'm thinking we'd probably be better with 3 separate rooms so we aren't on top of each other the whole time
    Even two separate rooms and ask for connecting rooms. 4 double beds, I'm sure two people could share. And with two rooms you still get two bathrooms but at a much cheaper price.

Ah, Carrie, I didn't realize that. It makes sense, but wouldn't surprise me if they changed their mind on that policy. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

Even two separate rooms and ask for connecting rooms. 4 double beds, I'm sure two people could share. And with two rooms you still get two bathrooms but at a much cheaper price.

Ah, Carrie, I didn't realize that. It makes sense, but wouldn't surprise me if they changed their mind on that policy. Haha

Even with three adults in one room at $10/night more for the additional adult it's still much cheaper than a third room for one person or the suite for all.

Last edited by HannahLeigh; 08-01-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    HannahLeigh's Lanyard
    Walt Dsney WorldAll Star Sports
    -HannahLeigh

jayhawkmom is offline Junior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Re: Art of animation family suites...

We stayed there in June. We have 5 in our family.... my older son, who is 14, slept alone on the sofa bed in the living room. 2 could have easily slept there. And, the bed that folds out from the wall could easily hold 2 adults.

So, I think 6 could stay there comfortably. 5 could, easily...as long as a couple folks don't mind bunking together. =)

| Disneyland 84 & 95 | Disney World 88 & 89 | Pop Century, Feb 08 | Art of Animation - Finding Nemo, June 2012 |

Next Trip - Our 16th Anniversary - Dec 13/Jan 14