Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom!
    Favorite Attraction
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach??

The kids are really bugging us to go to one of the water parks this year. We are looking for input as to which park would be best suited for a 7 and a 4 year old. Thanks

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

seesemom is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

Re: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach??

My family loved them both. Blizzard Beach has more thrill rides. But it also has the lazy river and a family raft ride. Blizzard Beach has alot more slides and even kids thrill slides too. Typhon Lagoon has a wonderful wave pool that our kids would spend the whole day in. Neither of my kids liked the shark tank at Typhoon Lagoon, but I thought it was spectacular. My kids were scared to death and the water is incredibly cold and quite shocking.

Last edited by seesemom; 02-17-2008 at 06:22 PM.

ilovelilo is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdon
    Favorite Attraction
    Soarin'
    Credits

Blizzard Beach.....we loved it!

10/08 Grand Floridian* 07/08 DCL* 11/07 Disneyland * 10/07 PO Riverside, DCL & Polynesian * 04/07 Grand Floridian * 09/05 Grand Floridian * 05/04 DCL & Animal Kingdom Lodge * 10/02 Coronado Springs * 12/99 DCL & PO French Quarter * 10/96 Contemporary

cmcclain is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Which ever one I am in.
    Favorite Attraction
    Which ever one I am on.
    Credits

We have always gone to Typhoon Lagoon and enjoyed it. I have heard Blizzard Beach can get hot with all the white but can't confirm. Typhoon Lagoon does offer some shady spots but you have to stake them out pretty early in the day.

1978 My 1st Disney Trip
    1988 Big Red Boat Disney Cruise

1992 Senior Trip

2001 Honeymoon Land/Sea Cruise Wife's 1st Trip (Port Orleans/Disney Wonder)
    2005 & 2006 & May 2009 Pop Century
    2007 & 2008 Beach Club

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon as I think the park is just so much nicer looking. Blizzard Beach can seem a bit harsh and "out of place" but I guess that's the point of having a ski resort in the middle of central Florida!

Once I've done one slide, they are pretty much all the same (though I love the family raft slide!) so I base my judgement more on how relaxing the place is and what it looks and feels like.

Crush n Gusher is great fun but I'm not sure how your kids would take to it. I do the huge slides once but that's it.

I love the lazy river and the bobbing waves in the main pool at TL though and the surf waves are great fun (for a short while) even if I've never actually seen anyone manage to body surf on them!

I'd go for Typhoon Lagoon though I'm sure your kids would love whichever park you went to.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

wdwfreak is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

typhoon lagoon..blizzard beach has so many slides which i really dont like... at least at typhoon lagoon you can hang out in the wave pool forever and stay in the lazy river

1996-All-Star Sports
    1998-All Star Sports
    2000-Disney Cruise/Caribbean Beach
    2002-All-Star Sports
    2004-Off-Site
    2006-Off-Site
    2007-Off-Site

Kebabs is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Kilamanjaro Safari
    Favorite Parade
    Spectromagic
    Favorite Character
    Pooh & Tinkerbell
    Credits

I'd go Typhoon Lagoon, the lazy river is great and there is so much space to just laze around, and you can sit by the waters edge of the wave pool while the boys play as well!
    Dx

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Previous Disney Trips:-

Sept '11, Nov '10, Sept '09, Sept '08, Dec '07, May '07 (with Mum), Nov '06, Mar '06, Oct '05, Sept '04, Sept '03, Aug '02, Sept '01, Dec '99, Sept '97, July '95 + 5/6 trips to Disneyland Paris.

bride is offline Cast Member
    Credits

I would recommend Blizzard beach for kids as young as yours. It has a great kids' area.

jbinder is offline Newbie
    Credits

Many moons ago I worked at both Typhoon and Blizzard. In fact, I helped open Blizzard (so now you know how many moons ago that was!).

For your kids, I'd recommend Typhoon Lagoon. Both parks have their advantages and disadvantages, but I think Typhoon is best for the families and kids younger than 13. It's really more of a relaxing lost-on-an-island feel, while Blizzard is more thrill rides.

The beaches at Typhoon are bigger, which is a plus if you want space to spread out. The wave pool is also much bigger. I suggest "stationing" your family on the beach near it. Makes for a great central location to return to during the day.

Shark's Reef is chilly - 68 degrees - but it is a fun. They have nurse and bonnethead sharks, smaller than 4 feet long, which are very docile. If your children don't want to swim through the tank, there is a partially submerged submarine you can walk into and look through the portholes to the reef.

Our son has not yet had a chance to visit the waterparks, but his first one will definitely be Typhoon. He'll most likely be 5 or 6 then.

Happy swimming!

Team Disney is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Rocking Roller Coaster
    Credits

HI!
    I too have 4 & 7 year old Boys! We have yet to do the water parks, the kids have not asked about them just yet. WE have gone to Sesame Place which has many water rides and have had a blast there. Glad you posted this question, I am collecting the info now too!
    Sounds like something to consider for next years planning!
    GL with your decision!

5/2001- All Star Music
    9/2006- All Star Sports MNSSHP
    8/2007- POR FQ- Magical Gathering
    9/2008- Polynesian 9/26-10/1 MNSSHP
    8/2009- Polynesian 8/30-9/7
    8/2010- POR 8/27-9/4
    8/2011- POR again! 8/25-9/4

KingdomHearts1 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom in WDW
    Favorite Attraction
    Rockin Roller Coaster
    Favorite Parade
    Boo to You Parade
    Favorite Character
    Stitch
    Credits

I've been to both and i've enjoyed both and they both have their perks. Typhoon Lagoon has the snorkeling area where you can swim with harmless sharks and tropical fishes. Also I loved one part of the lazy river where you under a tunnel of tropical plants and flowers. I liked Blizzard Beach for all the thrill rides.
    Both of them have their downsides. With Typhoon Lagoon I thought I was taking a short cut but i ended going up some stairs and ended up on a bridge overlooking the entire park. Nice view but I was like ugh why me. With Blizzard Beach to get to the three rides on top of the tall mountain you either gotta hike up a bunch of stairs or take a chair(ski) lift which i highly recomend

KingdomHearts1's Lanyard
    Pirates PlateHalloween - StitchPort OrleansDisney Quest
    "It all started with a mouse" - Walt Disney
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday
    WDW A couple before 1995 I cant remember,1995 DL, 1997 CS, 1999 POR, 2001 POR, 2003 POR, 2005 POR, 2007-POR
    DLR 2005 Off Property

Winkster is online now Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by KingdomHearts1 View Post
    Both of them have their downsides... With Blizzard Beach to get to the three rides on top of the tall mountain you either gotta hike up a bunch of stairs or take a chair(ski) lift
    Lol - that often happens on high slides. Disney really needs to work on some kind of transporter.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

Sofia's Dad is offline Cast Member
    Credits

7 and 4 years olds, I would go to TL over BB. I think BB is for kids 12 and over. There are a few rides at BB a youngster can go on but you be the judge. But I believe you will have fun at TL and not feel you made the wrong move.

Sarah is offline Newbie
    Favorite Park
    Universal studios
    Favorite Attraction
    Everything
    Credits

I like typhoon lagoon better, because i spend the whole day on the lazy river and i love the rain forest, blizzard beach is also good, it has a long lazy river but it's a little cold.

Disney_Lover is online now Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    Depends on the day. :)
    Favorite Attraction
    All Attractions at Disney
    Favorite Parade
    SpectroMagic
    Favorite Character
    Minnie Mouse
    Credits

BB has a lot of big slide where as TL is more for the younger kids. BB has a better lazy river and family raft, where as TL has the Shark Reef, which is so much fun and the watercoaster, which is AMAZING!!!!! I would spend a little time at both.

Last edited by Disney_Lover; 04-03-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: removed excess smilies, please check our rules
    Disney_Lover's Lanyard
    Mickey PlutoWalt Dsney WorldWilderness LodgeCastleGoofy on SorinOld Key West
    2015-Beach Club, 2013-Old Key West & Vero Beach, 2011- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, 2009- Boardwalk, 2007- Saratoga Springs, 2006- Hilton Head, 2006- School Trip, 2004- Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness, 2003-Disneyland, 2001- Boardwalk, 2001- Vero Beach, 2000-Dixie Landings (Join DVC) 2000- Vero Beach, 1997- Dixie Landings