Winkster is offline Administrator

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT or the TTA
    Favorite Parade
    Tapestry of Nations (old)
    Credits

Re: Thoughts about Avatar land coming to Animal Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by hlsnook View Post
    I would just like to hear others thoughts about the new Avatar land coming to Animal Kingdom years to come! Thanks and can't wait to hear all of your thoughts!
    I've merged these threads as we already have one discussing the proposed Avatar land.

We always suggest you try a quick search before posting new threads as a lot of topis are already being discussed on the boards.

Winkster's Lanyard
    Hollywood StudiosDowntown DisneyEpcotMickey PlutoCarousel of ProgressSpace mountainPeoplemoverMonorail Pilot WingsBig ThunderPort Orleans
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    Just a dream away!

TALK DISNEY ADMINISTRATOR

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

brngbakdrmfndr is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Tower of Terror
    Credits

Re: Avatar Land

When it comes to this topic, I think I am in the minority by saying I think Disney could pull it off. Am I thrilled with the idea? Not really. But when you step back and look at it, Avatar, and more specifically Pandora, really fits with the story Animal Kingdom is trying to tell.

The underlying morale of the movie was ecological conservation, which goes hand in hand with what the park is trying to convey. Also, this will fill the original niche of the Beastly Kingdom area which was to consist of mythical creatures. By focusing on the world of Pandora instead of the plot of the movie, Disney could create a visually stunning land that really tells the story about the importance of protecting nature.

The thing that worries me about this idea is the longevity of Avatar. It was a blockbuster movie a couple of years ago, but doesn't seem to have the legs to become a classic movie. However, they do have 2 more movies planned which may help create a buzz but I don't think it will ever have the pull that a Harry Potter does. For this land to become successful Disney needs to create a Pandora that stands on its own, where a couple of years down the road people associate the mythical world more with a Disney creation rather then the movie.

Freshee61 is online now TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Favorite Parade
    Villains mnsshp
    Favorite Character
    Lewis Robinson
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by brngbakdrmfndr
    When it comes to this topic, I think I am in the minority by saying I think Disney could pull it off. Am I thrilled with the idea? Not really. But when you step back and look at it, Avatar, and more specifically Pandora, really fits with the story Animal Kingdom is trying to tell.

The underlying morale of the movie was ecological conservation, which goes hand in hand with what the park is trying to convey. Also, this will fill the original niche of the Beastly Kingdom area which was to consist of mythical creatures. By focusing on the world of Pandora instead of the plot of the movie, Disney could create a visually stunning land that really tells the story about the importance of protecting nature.

The thing that worries me about this idea is the longevity of Avatar. It was a blockbuster movie a couple of years ago, but doesn't seem to have the legs to become a classic movie. However, they do have 2 more movies planned which may help create a buzz but I don't think it will ever have the pull that a Harry Potter does. For this land to become successful Disney needs to create a Pandora that stands on its own, where a couple of years down the road people associate the mythical world more with a Disney creation rather then the movie.
    I completely agree with you word for word.

Freshee61's Lanyard
    Christmas - Haunted Mansion HolidayLady and the TrampSpace mountainArial and Prince Eric in Clam ShellHalloween - MinnieTower of TerrorPhilharmagicIts a small worldHaunted Mansion
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Disney Freak is offline Registered User
    Favorite Park
    MK/Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Main Street USA
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Mickey
    Credits

They should build an arena type building for climate control and make it more Antartic-ish.

hlsnook is offline Cast Member In Training
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Freak
    They should build an arena type building for climate control and make it more Antartic-ish.
    Yes! Antarctica would be a great idea and a great place for guests to cool off since AK is a very hot park!

disneydave81 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    All of them
    Favorite Attraction
    Star Tours,Soarin,pirates
    Favorite Parade
    Spectro Magic
    Favorite Character
    Snow White, Minnie Mouse
    Credits

It sounds cool and if anyone should bring it to life it should be Disney, but I also agree somthing more intersting should go there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234